Windows 10: Usb mic not available to setup

Discus and support Usb mic not available to setup in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I bought a usb mic and can see it in device manager. I tried to update the driver but it said the best driver is already installed. But when I go to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by bobwin10, Apr 22, 2019.

1. bobwin10 Win User

Usb mic not available to setup

I bought a usb mic and can see it in device manager. I tried to update the driver but it said the best driver is already installed. But when I go to select it as my default mic in setup, the only options are the mic jacks in the front or rear of the computer or line input.

How can I get it to look for it in the usb ports.

:)

bobwin10, Apr 22, 2019
  2. fireberd Win User

USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Apr 22, 2019
  3. mrgeek Win User
    Noob Question About Mic Setup

"Ya i try the record tool i got with windows it acts like its recording any everything but i replay and there is nothing."

What are you using to play the Win10 'Voice Recorder' audio file back ? the format is m4a
    What happens when you use the Windows sound setup. R-click the volume icon in the system tray, then 'Recording Devices'. If you have a laptop mic in webcam, it will also be listed. Does the microphone appear on the list ? If so, r=-click mic and 'Configure Speech Recognition'.

mrgeek, Apr 22, 2019
  4. Usb mic not available to setup

windows problems with usb mic

Hi Dave,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to run the Hardware Troubleshooter by following the steps provided below and check if the issue persists.

Method 1:

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.

• Click on troubleshooting, then click on “Hardware and sound”.

• Under Hardware and sound, click on “hardware and devices”.

• A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.
    Method 2: Disable and re-enable all the
    Universal Serial Bus controllers (USB) controllers.

The USB controllers represent the USB ports in Device Manager.

To disable and re-enable the USB controllers, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, Click on
      Device Manager

• Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.

• Right-click the first USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers, and then click
      Uninstall to remove it.

• Repeat the above step for each USB controller that is listed under Universal Serial Bus controllers.

• Restart the computer. After the computer starts, Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled.
    Regards.

SujataMoktan, Apr 22, 2019
Thema:

Usb mic not available to setup

1. Usb mic not available to setup - Similar Threads - Usb mic available

2. Enhancement Tab Not available for mic?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enhancement Tab Not available for mic?: Hello everyone, hoping for some help of insights around this problem.I bought a budget Kogan USB condenser microphone with the intention of using my PC to increase it's quality.However, the enhancement tab for Mic output isn't there. I have it for speaker outputs however.I...
  3. Enhancement Tab Not available for mic?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enhancement Tab Not available for mic?: Hello everyone, hoping for some help of insights around this problem.I bought a budget Kogan USB condenser microphone with the intention of using my PC to increase it's quality.However, the enhancement tab for Mic output isn't there. I have it for speaker outputs however.I...
  4. Enhancement Tab Not available for mic?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Microphone USB Mic

Microphone USB Mic: Hello, I have a FiFine USB Microphone, the T669 to be specific, and I have everything set up but when I connected it to my computer, it says, "Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed". I went on YouTube and tried everything I saw on there and nothing worked, I...
  6. USB Mic Not Working

USB Mic Not Working: Recently, I got a brand new microphone to use for my computer. When I set it up last night everything worked fine, the cables and wires were all plugged in the right way. But when I woke up this morning and tried to use my microphone, it was not detecting any sound input....
  7. USB Mic not working.

USB Mic not working.: So I know theres already a few threads for this but ive looked through like 4 of them and not just on here but other sites too. I know my mic works I used it on my laptop earlier, but it doesnt work on my pc for some reason. I've tried the troubleshooter, allowing audio to be...
  8. USB mic

USB mic: I purchased a new USB mic and installed it on my PC. However, I received a message that my device is not compatible and I need to record using Desktop, PC, or iPad device. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-mic/b0a6421f-029f-4b4d-a468-cec68b29be99
  9. windows usb mic

windows usb mic: - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> - <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP" Guid="{9C205A39-1250-487D-ABD7-E831C6290539}" /> <EventID>442</EventID> <Version>0</Version> <Level>3</Level> <Task>0</Task>...
  10. USB Mic Problems.

USB Mic Problems.: Hello, I would appreciate some help. I have a Apogee Mic 96k and I know it worked when i first used it about a year ago. I recently have been trying to record some music and my built in microphone works but my USB will not. It will connect and shows up that it is...