Windows 10: USB mic not working properly

Discus and support USB mic not working properly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I bought a Sudotack ST-800 mic and it's not working properly with my computer. When I go to look at it in the recording tab after clicking on souns... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JoshuaSealy1, Sep 4, 2021.

1. USB mic not working properly

I bought a Sudotack ST-800 mic and it's not working properly with my computer. When I go to look at it in the recording tab after clicking on souns from the audio thing in the taskbar it appears like thisWhen I went to test the audio in OBS, it didn't record anything. When I go to properties, listen, and then check listen to this device and set the device to my headphones, it makes this very loud static sound. I've uninstalled and reinstaleld the device a few times, tried troubleshooting, and I'm sure a few other things that are escaping me, and I've had no luck.

:)

JoshuaSealy1, Sep 4, 2021
  2. fireberd Win User

USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Sep 4, 2021
  3. Page Hite Win User
    Windows 10 has USB mic grayed out in sound/recording

I have Samson C01U USB microphone. This mic worked perfectly with Windows 8.1. Upgraded to Windows 10 and I now have issues. Device Manager says the device is working properly. The Sound/Recording tab say the mic is ready, yet it is grayed out in the recording
    device list. Another USB mic (integrated with Webcam) works fine. Comments, suggestions, advice? Better yet, solution?

Page Hite, Sep 4, 2021
  4. USB mic not working properly

Phone mic not working, problem with USB connectivity.

• My phone, lumia is not as sturdy as the good old e series phone i used, its slipped out of my hand twice and both times had to visit nokia care as the mic stopped functioning.
    • When i connect the phone with laptop, using usb, most of the times the phone does not connect properly though it does charge, lumia is not a sturdy phone as Nokia phones used to be.
    - Raju choppella

RajuChoppella, Sep 4, 2021
Thema:

USB mic not working properly

1. USB mic not working properly - Similar Threads - USB mic working

2. Built-in mic and mic-in jack not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Built-in mic and mic-in jack not working properly: My microphone jack went out on my GL73 laptop and Built-in mic; I have seen posts of this happening but I don't know if I should download the same SCM file as I've seen on threads...
  3. Built-in mic and mic-in jack not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Built-in mic and mic-in jack not working properly: My microphone jack went out on my GL73 laptop and Built-in mic; I have seen posts of this happening but I don't know if I should download the same SCM file as I've seen on threads...
  4. Mic not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic not working properly: For some reason several days after I updated my windows 11, my microphone started to sound too quiet, tried reinstalling drivers, unplugging and plugging it, using a different microphone, none gave the result, and the issue was still present. My friend who uses win11 too had...
  5. Mic not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mic not working properly: For some reason several days after I updated my windows 11, my microphone started to sound too quiet, tried reinstalling drivers, unplugging and plugging it, using a different microphone, none gave the result, and the issue was still present. My friend who uses win11 too had...
  6. Mic not working properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mic not working properly: TL;DR - Microphone not working on browser apps and websites, but working fine on other appsWINDOWS 10,: my mic works fine on my apps voice recorder, cortana but on websites and my browser apps, it doesnt work anymorethis just randomly happened - my mic had been working just...
  7. MIC not working properly , no fix?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    MIC not working properly , no fix?: I had this problem for a while now, maybe three months. My MIC is working and so is my sound card. But when I am in most apps my microphone wont work properly, its really low and muffled to the point where I have to kinda shout/talk loud to hear my self in discord, games and...
  8. Mic is not working properly...

Mic is not working properly...: I don’t understand why and how it happened but my mic stopped working properly. I should shout if I want it hears my voice. What is your advice?... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mic-is-not-working-properly/6b91ea51-7a0a-4fbe-b5c1-fa3be316f905
  9. Dell's MIC is not working properly

Dell's MIC is not working properly: I recently bought dell inspiron 2 in 1. Whenever I call over skype or ms team I have to use an additional mic mic of headphone otherwise the counterpart is not able to listen properly. I contacted Dell, they asked me to uninstall and reinstall Skype. I did the same but no...
  10. USB Mic not working.

USB Mic not working.: So I know theres already a few threads for this but ive looked through like 4 of them and not just on here but other sites too. I know my mic works I used it on my laptop earlier, but it doesnt work on my pc for some reason. I've tried the troubleshooter, allowing audio to be...