Windows 10: USB mic

Discus and support USB mic in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I purchased a new USB mic and installed it on my PC. However, I received a message that my device is not compatible and I need to record using Desktop,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Judy Lockwood1, Dec 9, 2018.

1. USB mic

I purchased a new USB mic and installed it on my PC. However, I received a message that my device is not compatible and I need to record using Desktop, PC, or iPad device.

:)

Judy Lockwood1, Dec 9, 2018
  2. fireberd Win User

USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Dec 9, 2018
  3. windows problems with usb mic

Hi Dave,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to run the Hardware Troubleshooter by following the steps provided below and check if the issue persists.

Method 1:

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.

• Click on troubleshooting, then click on “Hardware and sound”.

• Under Hardware and sound, click on “hardware and devices”.

• A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.
    Method 2: Disable and re-enable all the
    Universal Serial Bus controllers (USB) controllers.

The USB controllers represent the USB ports in Device Manager.

To disable and re-enable the USB controllers, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, Click on
      Device Manager

• Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.

• Right-click the first USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers, and then click
      Uninstall to remove it.

• Repeat the above step for each USB controller that is listed under Universal Serial Bus controllers.

• Restart the computer. After the computer starts, Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled.
    Regards.

SujataMoktan, Dec 9, 2018
  4. Page Hite Win User

USB mic

Windows 10 has USB mic grayed out in sound/recording

I have Samson C01U USB microphone. This mic worked perfectly with Windows 8.1. Upgraded to Windows 10 and I now have issues. Device Manager says the device is working properly. The Sound/Recording tab say the mic is ready, yet it is grayed out in the recording
    device list. Another USB mic (integrated with Webcam) works fine. Comments, suggestions, advice? Better yet, solution?

Page Hite, Dec 9, 2018
Thema:

USB mic

1. USB mic - Similar Threads - USB mic

2. USB Headset Headphones and mic not detected in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Headset Headphones and mic not detected in Windows 11: This question has been asked before many times and in many ways. Many of the answers offered frequently miss the point. The computer with Windows 11 does not detect the Headset at all. Zilch, nada, nothing. Therefore, there is nothing there to update, enable, or change its...
  3. USB Headset Headphones and mic not detected in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Headset Headphones and mic not detected in Windows 11: This question has been asked before many times and in many ways. Many of the answers offered frequently miss the point. The computer with Windows 11 does not detect the Headset at all. Zilch, nada, nothing. Therefore, there is nothing there to update, enable, or change its...
  4. I purchased a new mic, it uses the same XLR - USB cable that I used for my previous mic,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I purchased a new mic, it uses the same XLR - USB cable that I used for my previous mic,...: There is no new microphone option when I connect it, I have tried several things , but I haven't had any luck so farThe Mic is a AT2020 and I am using a PC with Windows 11...
  5. I purchased a new mic, it uses the same XLR - USB cable that I used for my previous mic,...

I purchased a new mic, it uses the same XLR - USB cable that I used for my previous mic,...: There is no new microphone option when I connect it, I have tried several things , but I haven't had any luck so farThe Mic is a AT2020 and I am using a PC with Windows 11...
  6. AIRHUG-4 USB webcam with mic and speaker getting on and off again and again on Windows 11...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AIRHUG-4 USB webcam with mic and speaker getting on and off again and again on Windows 11...: I have change the USB port, cable and also the new device but the same outcome. Delete the driver and reinstall again but no success.It seems like when I use the device on zoom or play music, then some UNKNOWN service is disabling the AIRHUG-4 device by disabling all three...
  7. AIRHUG-4 USB webcam with mic and speaker getting on and off again and again on Windows 11...

AIRHUG-4 USB webcam with mic and speaker getting on and off again and again on Windows 11...: I have change the USB port, cable and also the new device but the same outcome. Delete the driver and reinstall again but no success.It seems like when I use the device on zoom or play music, then some UNKNOWN service is disabling the AIRHUG-4 device by disabling all three...
  8. Headset mic not detected on USB ports, working on USB-c Hub

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset mic not detected on USB ports, working on USB-c Hub: Hi, I have a few Microsoft LifeChat 3000 headsets.One day the one I was using stopped working in Chrome, but kept working fine in Teams. The following day Windows just didn't recognize that there was a microphone present in any of the headsets. They work perfectly in any...
  9. Headset mic not detected on USB ports, working on USB-c Hub

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset mic not detected on USB ports, working on USB-c Hub: Hi, I have a few Microsoft LifeChat 3000 headsets.One day the one I was using stopped working in Chrome, but kept working fine in Teams. The following day Windows just didn't recognize that there was a microphone present in any of the headsets. They work perfectly in any...
  10. Headset mic not detected on USB ports, working on USB-c Hub