Windows 10: USB Microphone bugs windows 10 makes the OS work unproperly

Discus and support USB Microphone bugs windows 10 makes the OS work unproperly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; A have a USB Audio-technica microphone.It works fine but when I start my computer I have to first unplug and plug it again in order for the Windows to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sebastian Ghiveci, Jul 24, 2021.

1. USB Microphone bugs windows 10 makes the OS work unproperly

A have a USB Audio-technica microphone.It works fine but when I start my computer I have to first unplug and plug it again in order for the Windows to work properly.If I leave it like this, the following issues will occur:- the volume icon won't disappear- they keyboard won't work as usual- the browser wont function correctly can't click between tabs and some other issuesAnd I discover new issues everyday with other apps as well.It all comes back to normal as soon as I unplug and then plug the microphone again.Any ideas why this is happening and how could this be solved?

:)

Sebastian Ghiveci, Jul 24, 2021

2. USB headset microphone not working

Hi,

This issue could have happened due to settings of your Microphone. To resolve your issue, we suggest that you check your Microphone is not disabled and set as default. You can follow these steps to check your microphone settings:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.
    • Now, right click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.
    • Select “Microphone” and click on “Properties” and make sure that the microphone is enabled.
    • You may also check if the microphone that you are using is set as default.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.

Anthony Gal, Jul 24, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jul 24, 2021
  4. makesense Win User

USB Microphone bugs windows 10 makes the OS work unproperly

Windows 10 No microphone will work

Sorry about the long response time. Work sucks sometime.

I tried both a headset microphone and the usb microphone on another Windows 10 computer. It did not pick up any microphone signal and was showing the same emulated sound output as I noted before.

That is what is really bothering me. Both computers detect the microphones, yet output is being directed to them as well as any plugged in speaker/headphone.

makesense, Jul 24, 2021
Thema:

USB Microphone bugs windows 10 makes the OS work unproperly

1. USB Microphone bugs windows 10 makes the OS work unproperly - Similar Threads - USB Microphone bugs

2. USB Microphone is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Microphone is not working: I need help getting my usb microphone to work. I checked the drivers and it says the best drivers are installed. There is nothing wrong with privacy settings.Others microphones usb headphone's mic, built-in are working fineIn input settings, there is no format I can choose....
  3. USB Microphone is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Microphone is not working: I need help getting my usb microphone to work. I checked the drivers and it says the best drivers are installed. There is nothing wrong with privacy settings.Others microphones usb headphone's mic, built-in are working fineIn input settings, there is no format I can choose....
  4. USB microphone not working on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    USB microphone not working on Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]As a PC gamer or regular user, on your Windows 11 or Windows 10 computer, you may encounter microphone-related issues like Discord Mic not working, Microphone not plugged in, Zoom Microphone not working, Skype Audio or Microphone not working and so on. In this post,...
  5. USB Microphone not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Microphone not working: Hi , I pluged in my USB microphone it recognized it but i open Zoom or Meet to test the mic but i when i talk i cant hear anything Can someone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-microphone-not-working/3f09a62d-5849-45cb-986a-095caec83f1b
  6. USB Microphone Not Working

USB Microphone Not Working: So, there are probably a billion threads for these kinds of issues, but I haven't found a fix yet. When I try to connect my USB mic, my computer doesn't even detect it. It's like I haven't even plugged it in at all. Please help!...
  7. USB microphone not working

USB microphone not working: My USB microphone was working last time I used it but now that I have it plugged back in it won't pick up any sound/record. I checked privacy settings , sound settings, driver updates, uninstalling, restarting, unplugging, recording settings I have it set as default and I...
  8. Need TWO USB headsets with Microphone on Windows 7 or Windows 10 OS

Need TWO USB headsets with Microphone on Windows 7 or Windows 10 OS: My use case is sales manager and sales person on a phone call both with headsets / microphones. I've received the statement below from my headset reseller, but I don't trust their opinion. "There are no solution to utilize two USB headsets on a computer as training...
  9. USB Microphone on Windows 10, Recognized but not working

USB Microphone on Windows 10, Recognized but not working: Hello, I've been struggling with this issue for approximately 2 months now. I have a Razer Kraken 7.1 V2 hooked up to my Windows 10 PC. For more than a year the microphone has worked fine along with the headphones aspect; however, as of late my computer is no longer...
  10. Issue with a USB microphone that has worked on several OS

Issue with a USB microphone that has worked on several OS: So, I have this XLR to USB converter called the Blue Icicle, and it's failing to initiate(getting error code 10). What's weird is that once in a blue moon it decides to function again. Yes I have ensured that the device isn't damaged, yes I've tried Safe Mode, to me it...