Windows 10: USB Microphone Driver Error

Discus and support USB Microphone Driver Error in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; To preface this all I own a Samson Meteor Mic, nothing too fancy just plugs in with USB and a usb micro into the microphone. I've had this for likely... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JulianMartin2, Dec 27, 2018.

1. USB Microphone Driver Error

To preface this all I own a Samson Meteor Mic, nothing too fancy just plugs in with USB and a usb micro into the microphone. I've had this for likely about a year and a half to two years. Always worked great and never had any issues. Got a new job and ended up not being able to play games with pals and talk but recently had some time to do just that. Plugged in the microphone but it wasn't showing up in the input devices. Did some digging around and saw it was having an issue when I looked at it in the Device Manager. More specifically it was having an error with the drivers. After three days of trying to figure out how to get the drivers to work while also trying to work with Samson but not being able to find anything about the same situation I've given up. I've plugged it into my wive's computer and it works fine. Went to Wal-Mart and picked up some lousy BlackWeb USB desktop microphone and lo and behold same issue. Whenever trying to force the drivers even with attempting to force it with the actual drivers intended for the device in winsxs. The only thing that I can possibly say is different from my computer from before the hiatus and after is the motherboard and two additional hard drives(the original hard drive is still installed). I had a MSI motherboard (forgot what model) but I now have a ASRock Z270 Killer motherboard installed. I've tried to see if it possibly was a BIOS setting as I do have a setting for supporting USB legacy mode but it made no difference. I've attempted many different things such as manipulating the driver folder with new drivers from my wife's computer to just basic using the troubleshooter and have had absolutely no progress. When it comes to the error Windows gives me when attempting to download drivers (this error shows no matter what I try to do for installing the drivers) it's

"Windows encountered a problem installing the drivers for your device

Windows found drivers for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install them.

USB Audio Device

One of the installers for this device cannot perform the installation at this time.

If you know the manufacturer of your device, you can visit their website and check the support section for drivers"

I'm running Windows 10. I'm just at a loss for what could be causing this issue, and would greatly appreciate some steps in the right direction.

:)

JulianMartin2, Dec 27, 2018

2. USB Microphone error

Hi,

There are different factors that can contribute as to why you're getting an error message when you attempted to record audio using a USB microphone on your Windows 10 computer. This could be caused by device drivers that need to be updated or there are device
    drivers that got corrupted. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the question below:

• Were there any changes made or updates installed prior to the issue occurring?
    • When was the last time were you able to successfully use the USB microphone to record audio?
    • Which version and build of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Dec 27, 2018
  3. USB microphone drivers wont install

Hi,

We would like to ask a few questions in order for us to properly address your issue with the microphone driver.

• Did you make any changes or updates to your computer prior to this?
    • Can you please confirm the specific troubleshooting steps you have tried so far?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted drivers after upgrading to Windows 10 or updating your Windows 10. Try the below troubleshooting methods and check if it helps.

Method 1. We suggest that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your computer is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Method 2. Refer to the Microsoft help article, try the troubleshooting steps mentioned.

Error codes in Device Manager in Windows

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Dec 27, 2018
  4. USB Microphone Driver Error

USB composite device "driver error"

Can you send us a screenshot of the error message? We suggest uninstalling and re-installing USB drivers and check if the issue persists. To do that, please follow these steps:

• Right-click on the Start button and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Right-click on the first USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers, and then click on
      Uninstall to remove it.
    • Repeat these steps for the entire USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Restart the computer. Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled.

Regards.

Aileen Alf, Dec 27, 2018
Thema:

USB Microphone Driver Error

1. USB Microphone Driver Error - Similar Threads - USB Microphone Driver

2. USB Microphone Driver Error Code 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Microphone Driver Error Code 10: Hi! I’ve recently purchased a Fifine Am8 Microphone for my laptop since my old one was not working. I plugged it in today and it would not work whatsoever. Under Device Management, there was an error under the Sound, Audio drop down as the Microphone had a warning symbol next...
  3. USB Microphone Driver Error Code 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Microphone Driver Error Code 10: Hi! I’ve recently purchased a Fifine Am8 Microphone for my laptop since my old one was not working. I plugged it in today and it would not work whatsoever. Under Device Management, there was an error under the Sound, Audio drop down as the Microphone had a warning symbol next...
  4. Missing driver for usb microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing driver for usb microphone: I brought a new usb gaming microphone however when I go into device manager the microphone comes up as Lcs usb audio device and when I double click on it, it shows it doesn’t have a driver installed, I click on update and search online for driver. And it tried to install usb...
  5. Missing driver for usb microphone

Missing driver for usb microphone: I brought a new usb gaming microphone however when I go into device manager the microphone comes up as Lcs usb audio device and when I double click on it, it shows it doesn’t have a driver installed, I click on update and search online for driver. And it tried to install usb...
  6. Blue snowball usb microphone driver error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue snowball usb microphone driver error: Trying to use a Blue Snowball usb Microphone on my new computer that runs windows 10. says there's a driver error. I've tried updating the drivers and my system tells me they're up to date. I've tried uninstalling the device and restarting my pc as I've seen suggested...
  7. Blue snowball usb microphone driver error

Blue snowball usb microphone driver error: Trying to use a Blue Snowball usb Microphone on my new computer that runs windows 10. says there's a driver error. I've tried updating the drivers and my system tells me they're up to date. I've tried uninstalling the device and restarting my pc as I've seen suggested...
  8. Blue snowball usb microphone driver error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. USB microphone not working USB driver error

USB microphone not working USB driver error: On an Acer spin 5 So I got a new microphone today Tonor T30 and I realized it wasn't working, the microphone audio was coming from the headphones I had plugged in. I checked settings, and I tried changing the input device, but the only thing that appeared was the RealTek...
  10. Microphone driver error

Microphone driver error: I just recently bought a blue yeti USB microphone for my windows 10 pc . It keeps saying driver error every time i see it in devices. Ive tried multiple times to update drivers on it but it keeps saying that "Windows encountered a problem installing the drivers for your...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. driver error usb mic