Windows 10: USB Microphone is disconnecting randomly

Discus and support USB Microphone is disconnecting randomly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have a problem with my usb micophone (t.bone from thomann.de) called the t.bone and it's from thomann. It randomly disconnects and I only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GDTyron, Dec 6, 2018.

1. GDTyron Win User

USB Microphone is disconnecting randomly

Hello,

I have a problem with my usb micophone (t.bone from thomann.de) called the t.bone and it's from thomann. It randomly disconnects and I only know when it is disconnected when I try talking on discord. One day I noticed that it isn't discords problem but Windows 10 can't seem to find it connected through any of my usb ports. Sometimes it gets back online and works fine but most of time it disconnects. I tried fiddling around with the plugs but it won't fix itself. I also update my drivers fairly often with an application called SnappyDriver which works fine for what I can tell. Any ideas on how I can fix this?

:)

GDTyron, Dec 6, 2018

2. USB headset microphone not working

Hi,

This issue could have happened due to settings of your Microphone. To resolve your issue, we suggest that you check your Microphone is not disabled and set as default. You can follow these steps to check your microphone settings:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.
    • Now, right click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.
    • Select “Microphone” and click on “Properties” and make sure that the microphone is enabled.
    • You may also check if the microphone that you are using is set as default.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.

Anthony Gal, Dec 6, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Dec 6, 2018
  4. USB Microphone is disconnecting randomly

Headset's microphone is disconnected

I tried updating the drivers and using the troubleshooter, but sadly it did not help my problem. The microphone is still listed as disconnected and cannot be used, although it is fully functional.

P.S. the mic is also listed as a bluetooth device, but it is not wireless and is connected to the laptop via the microphone jack.

Dimitar_311, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

USB Microphone is disconnecting randomly

1. USB Microphone is disconnecting randomly - Similar Threads - USB Microphone disconnecting

2. Microphone turns on and off randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microphone turns on and off randomly: Hi, Ever since I changed Windows versions (a while ago), my sound turns on and off randomly. When it does it is rapidly turning on and off -so much so, that I can't use my mouse for 30seconds to a minute at a time. And, the turn on/off moments are quite frequent. (I'm on...
  3. USB Drawing Tablet Randomly Disconnects. Then Drivers no longer work.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Drawing Tablet Randomly Disconnects. Then Drivers no longer work.: I already know my question won't be answered because Microsoft does absolutely nothing on these problems. The people who respond copy-paste the same obvious answers that your computer tells you to try in the first place. It is pointless. Using Drawing Tablet with two...
  4. Hard Drive randomly disconnecting

Hard Drive randomly disconnecting: Hey guys! It has been problem after problem with this PC and Windows 10. Now at the moment, I have had issues with my external hard drives randomly disconnecting. A few days back, both were randomly disconnecting then reconnecting while not in use. When replugging the USB,...
  5. Internet randomly disconnects.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet randomly disconnects.: In used a router and from the router started a wire that go in my pc. Disconects happend. I removed the router so I plug in the internet cable right from the ISP (without using a router) and it still happens, reinstalled my windows, yes, I tried this, still, the connection...
  6. Random USB Disconnects-reconnects for unknown device.

Random USB Disconnects-reconnects for unknown device.: Hi all, I have a clean install windows 10 home with the specs listed in my profile. Im getting continuous disconnect USB sounds, often multiple times in a row, and the occasional reconnect sound. Ive used a program call USBDeview, and can confidently say it is the top...
  7. Ethernet connection on USB 3.0 randomly disconnects

Ethernet connection on USB 3.0 randomly disconnects: Long time with this issue and very frustrated My laptop is a Dell XPS 13 running Windows 10 64-bit. I just upgraded from Windows 8 hoping that would solve my issue but it did not. I even re-imaged my PC and the issue remained so I think it must be hardware related, right?...
  8. Keyboard randomly disconnects in games

Keyboard randomly disconnects in games: Hello, I am running windows 10 pro x64 and I have a problem with my keyboard, which suddenly stops working, especially when entering a game like Rift or Skyforge. Few minutes after I join it just shuts down and I have to restart the PC. I tried win key+space, i tried pushing...
  9. Random & Consitant disconnections

Random & Consitant disconnections: Hi guys, I've been all over the web from first base to home and every fix I've tried has failed to work. I recently got a new modem and since i got this modem.... My internet has just decided to randomly drop and reconnect on my pc. Bare in mind we have several other devices...
  10. Wireless Disconnects Randomly

Wireless Disconnects Randomly: So i have been having a queer issue with my wireless adapter, it is a NETGEAR A6200 WiFi Adapter. After downloading windows 10 i re downloaded drivers and updated them just in case but i am having a reoccurring issue of the adapter itself being shut off by windows 10 and i...