Windows 10: USB Microphone no working in windows 11, works fine in ubuntu in the same machine

Discus and support USB Microphone no working in windows 11, works fine in ubuntu in the same machine in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,I recently purchased a usb condenser microphone, which seems to be working fine in ubuntu 20.04 and it is now working in windows 11.the device is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by NITHINPB, Dec 13, 2021.

1. NITHINPB Win User

USB Microphone no working in windows 11, works fine in ubuntu in the same machine

Hi,I recently purchased a usb condenser microphone, which seems to be working fine in ubuntu 20.04 and it is now working in windows 11.the device is listed in the audio settings of control panel and it is enabled.So far i tried,1. Changing the mic policy from windows 11 microphone settings screenshot2. Updating the driver from device manager 3. installing the latest audio driver from the dell official website4. also tried restarting couple of timebut none of the above method seems to be working, anyone can help me on this issue?

:)

NITHINPB, Dec 13, 2021
  2. eira1212 Win User

USB microphone not working on Windows machine

Hi,

I recently bought a HP Omen 15 laptop and tried to connect my Blue Snowball iCE microphone using USB. The microphone is detected, but no sound is detected.

Here's what I've tried

• Made sure that all the permission for the microphone is turned on in control panel
    • Uninstalling and reinstalling the microphone driver in Device Manager
    • Uninstalling and reinstalling the USB driver in Device Manager
    • Disabling all other recording device

... and it's still not working. I've tried the microphone using the same cable in a laptop running MacOS and another running ChromeOS, and it's working perfectly. I connected the microphone to another Windows 10 machine, and it's not working either. I connected
    another microphone using the 3.5mm jack and it's working as well, so I'm suspecting that this problem is specific to USB microphone.

Please help, I'm in the end of my rope USB Microphone no working in windows 11, works fine in ubuntu in the same machine :(

eira1212, Dec 13, 2021
  3. Microphone is not working in Windows 10 but working fine in Ubuntu Linux 18.04 LTS

Microphone is not working in Windows 10 but working fine in Ubuntu Linux 18.04 LTS.

I have Logitech Webcam C310. It works fine - 100% in Ubuntu Linux 18.04 LTS but not in Microsoft Windows 10.

On MS Windows 10 - the micro phone is not working. So for zoom meetings - i need to dial by phone.

AshutoshSharma, Dec 13, 2021
  4. USB Microphone no working in windows 11, works fine in ubuntu in the same machine

Microphone not working in windows 10. Works fine in Ubuntu. Need advice.

Hi community,

I have not been getting any input in my mic since 2 weeks. Speaker output works fine. I first thought I was a driver issue so I

• Tried reinstalling audio driver
    • Rolling back audio driver to previous version
    • Using windows troubleshooter
    It didn't work. I also bought a cheap external audio card for testing. It showed similar results: speaker working fine and mic not working.

This lead me to believe that it might be a windows issue so I ran an ubuntu usb. The mic works fine in it.

After that I tried:

• Resetting windows
    • Reinstalling windows
    Getting same results.

Other than that, I have checked. I can confirm that mic is not muted.

There is no input in sound control panel itself (there are no green bars).

I will really appreciate any advice regarding this.

Thank you for going through my post.

YashAggarwal_, Dec 13, 2021
Thema:

USB Microphone no working in windows 11, works fine in ubuntu in the same machine

1. USB Microphone no working in windows 11, works fine in ubuntu in the same machine - Similar Threads - USB Microphone working

2. USB driver device is not working on USB 3.2 on windows 11 but works fine on USB 2.0.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB driver device is not working on USB 3.2 on windows 11 but works fine on USB 2.0.: I have a new windows 11 machine and a biometric capturing USB device. USB device works fine on the USB 2.0 port of the machine, but same device is failing on the USB 3.0 port on the same machine. We have checked following things: 1. Core Isolation setting flag is turned off....
  3. USB driver device is not working on USB 3.2 on windows 11 but works fine on USB 2.0.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB driver device is not working on USB 3.2 on windows 11 but works fine on USB 2.0.: I have a new windows 11 machine and a biometric capturing USB device. USB device works fine on the USB 2.0 port of the machine, but same device is failing on the USB 3.0 port on the same machine. We have checked following things: 1. Core Isolation setting flag is turned off....
  4. The mouse is not working on windows 11, but works perfectly fine in the ubuntu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The mouse is not working on windows 11, but works perfectly fine in the ubuntu: I am very new to Linux, I installed Ubuntu 20.04 LTS yesterday, and now after successfully dual boot the system, the mouse is not working in my window but it works perfectly fine in Ubuntu. I seek help but, mostly they address the opposite.What should I do now?...
  5. The mouse is not working on windows 11, but works perfectly fine in the ubuntu

The mouse is not working on windows 11, but works perfectly fine in the ubuntu: I am very new to Linux, I installed Ubuntu 20.04 LTS yesterday, and now after successfully dual boot the system, the mouse is not working in my window but it works perfectly fine in Ubuntu. I seek help but, mostly they address the opposite.What should I do now?...
  6. USB microphone not working on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    USB microphone not working on Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]As a PC gamer or regular user, on your Windows 11 or Windows 10 computer, you may encounter microphone-related issues like Discord Mic not working, Microphone not plugged in, Zoom Microphone not working, Skype Audio or Microphone not working and so on. In this post,...
  7. USB Microphone no working in windows 11, works fine in ubuntu in the same machine

USB Microphone no working in windows 11, works fine in ubuntu in the same machine: Hi,I recently purchased a usb condenser microphone, which seems to be working fine in ubuntu 20.04 and it is now working in windows 11.the device is listed in the audio settings of control panel and it is enabled.So far i tried,1. Changing the mic policy from windows 11...
  8. Microphone not working in windows 10. Works fine in Ubuntu. Need advice.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone not working in windows 10. Works fine in Ubuntu. Need advice.: Hi community, I have not been getting any input in my mic since 2 weeks. Speaker output works fine. I first thought I was a driver issue so I Tried reinstalling audio driver Rolling back audio driver to previous version Using windows troubleshooter It didn't work. I...
  9. Microphone is not working in Windows 10 but working fine in Ubuntu Linux 18.04 LTS

Microphone is not working in Windows 10 but working fine in Ubuntu Linux 18.04 LTS: Microphone is not working in Windows 10 but working fine in Ubuntu Linux 18.04 LTS. I have Logitech Webcam C310. It works fine - 100% in Ubuntu Linux 18.04 LTS but not in Microsoft Windows 10. On MS Windows 10 - the micro phone is not working. So for zoom meetings - i need...
  10. USB microphone not working on Windows machine

USB microphone not working on Windows machine: Hi, I recently bought a HP Omen 15 laptop and tried to connect my Blue Snowball iCE microphone using USB. The microphone is detected, but no sound is detected. Here's what I've tried Made sure that all the permission for the microphone is turned on in control panel...