Windows 10: USB Microphone not showing up as an input in Windows settings

Discus and support USB Microphone not showing up as an input in Windows settings in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I recently purchased the JV601 Gooseneck Mic off amazon to use on my PC. When I initially plugged it in, it gave me the standard "Setting up this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Soundshifter, Nov 9, 2020.

1. USB Microphone not showing up as an input in Windows settings

So I recently purchased the JV601 Gooseneck Mic off amazon to use on my PC. When I initially plugged it in, it gave me the standard "Setting up this device" notification that normally happens when you plug something in for the first time. Seems good right? So once its done being setup by Windows, I go to the Sound settings to see if it works. It's automatically chosen as a sound device which is good but I speak into it and yes the mic was unmuted on the device itself, windows was not picking up any sound from the mic. So I run the troubleshooter, and it finds no problems. I restarted the Windows Audio service on my PC, checked for new drivers, etc. I then uninstalled device using Device Manager, restarted my PC as prompted by the system dialog, and unplugged the mic. Once I was logged back in after the restart I plugged the mic back in, went back to the Sound settings, but the microphone no longer was listed as an input device. In fact, it wasn't showing up anywhere anymore. I tried using all my other USB ports, none of which made a difference, so I look in Device Manager and it is listed underSound, video and game controllers, and not under the expected Audio inputs and outputs section. I'm not sure what to do. I haven't found anything online to help, and I'll just buy another mic and return this one if needed, although if I could get this existing mic to work that'd be great.

:)

Soundshifter, Nov 9, 2020
  2. zvainzHD Win User

All usb microphone inputs not working

So both my adapter for xlr to 3.5mm jack input and my newly purchased usb microphone are not recognised. I've tried updating the drivers, using different usb ports, uninstalling the drivers and letting windows do it manually. Every time though, it's listed as having issue's in device manager... Can some help?

zvainzHD, Nov 9, 2020
  3. USB headset microphone not working

Hi,

This issue could have happened due to settings of your Microphone. To resolve your issue, we suggest that you check your Microphone is not disabled and set as default. You can follow these steps to check your microphone settings:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.
    • Now, right click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.
    • Select “Microphone” and click on “Properties” and make sure that the microphone is enabled.
    • You may also check if the microphone that you are using is set as default.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.

Anthony Gal, Nov 9, 2020
  4. Ethan B. Win User

USB Microphone not showing up as an input in Windows settings

Windows 10 and USB Audio codec input

Hey ggrussell,

This suggestion is a bit out there but since it's an input device, it might have to do with microphone settings, but are you able to listen to the USB turntable as in to go to its properties in the Record tab (double-click it), then Listen tab, "Listen to this
    device"?

If so, try the following:

Hit Windows key + I, go into Privacy. On the left pane, click Microphone.

Be sure that Allow apps to access your microphone is on, and the apps in the list under Choose which apps can access your microphone are checked on.

Let me know how this goes, and good luck.

Ethan B., Nov 9, 2020
Thema:

USB Microphone not showing up as an input in Windows settings

1. USB Microphone not showing up as an input in Windows settings - Similar Threads - USB Microphone showing

2. My microphone is not showing up as an Input Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My microphone is not showing up as an Input Device: I've gone into Device Manager and my Realtek microphone is not showing up. The Output for my headphones work fine and show up in Device Manager. I've tried checking the Realtek Audio Console but, when I try to open it, it tells me "Realtek Audio Console doesn't support for...
  3. My microphone is not showing up as an Input Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My microphone is not showing up as an Input Device: I've gone into Device Manager and my Realtek microphone is not showing up. The Output for my headphones work fine and show up in Device Manager. I've tried checking the Realtek Audio Console but, when I try to open it, it tells me "Realtek Audio Console doesn't support for...
  4. My microphone is not showing up as an Input Device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Beats Solo3 Stereo's microphone wireless is not showing up in the sound settings for input....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Beats Solo3 Stereo's microphone wireless is not showing up in the sound settings for input....: I recently got Windows 10 on my mac book. I have been using my Beats Solo3 Stereo and the output works just fine, however it seems that Windows 10 does not recognize the mic. I do know that the microphone does work since it works for any other device I have. I tried going on...
  6. Microphone array not showing up in input sound

in Cortana
    Microphone array not showing up in input sound: In sound settings at the input option it is not showing microphone array and the test for microphone which is below to input is not blinking ....how to set up microphone array at input option...
  7. Microphone not showing up under input devices.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone not showing up under input devices.: Hey guys, I just got a new computer today, but I'm running into an issue. My microphone isn't picking up anything and when I went to check my sound settings, it wasn't even showing up at all under input devices. It's plugged in correctly and I never had any problems with it...
  8. USB headset microphone not picking up input

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB headset microphone not picking up input: I just bought a HyperX Cloud II headset and I am trying to set it up to use for audio input and output. I have confirmed my headset works on my phone for input and output so I believe that the device is working properly. When I use the the given aux to USB controller I get...
  9. microphone input not showing up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    microphone input not showing up: my headset microphone input option isint showing anyone know why? submitted by /u/something_awufull200 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i1lyfs/microphone_input_not_showing_up/
  10. Microphone Input Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone Input Settings: I have called multiple customer support numbers and have had text chats with multiple employees but nothing has worked. I am on a Windows 10 desktop PC. It started when I wanted to talk in xbox party chat with my xbox friends on my PC, so i downloaded xbox and then my mic...