Windows 10: USB microphone not working USB driver error

Discus and support USB microphone not working USB driver error in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; On an Acer spin 5 So I got a new microphone today Tonor T30 and I realized it wasn't working, the microphone audio was coming from the headphones I had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BradyP511, Feb 14, 2021.

1. BradyP511 Win User

USB microphone not working USB driver error

On an Acer spin 5 So I got a new microphone today Tonor T30 and I realized it wasn't working, the microphone audio was coming from the headphones I had plugged in. I checked settings, and I tried changing the input device, but the only thing that appeared was the RealTek Audio device. I looked in my USB devices and it showed that it had detected the device, but it said Driver error underneath. I tried switching USB ports and it still said that. Note I have a mouse plugged in that works fine, and I also sometimes use a gaming keyboard that works just fine. I tried resetting the USB drivers, I tried updating the drivers, I tried updating my laptop, I tried just about everything, but nothing worked. I know the microphone works, I tested it on another laptop and my Playstation, and it worked fine. Please help me, I just wanna use my new microphone :

:)

BradyP511, Feb 14, 2021

2. USB Microphone error

Hi,

There are different factors that can contribute as to why you're getting an error message when you attempted to record audio using a USB microphone on your Windows 10 computer. This could be caused by device drivers that need to be updated or there are device
    drivers that got corrupted. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the question below:

• Were there any changes made or updates installed prior to the issue occurring?
    • When was the last time were you able to successfully use the USB microphone to record audio?
    • Which version and build of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Feb 14, 2021
  3. eira1212 Win User
    USB microphone not working on Windows machine

Hi,

I recently bought a HP Omen 15 laptop and tried to connect my Blue Snowball iCE microphone using USB. The microphone is detected, but no sound is detected.

Here's what I've tried

• Made sure that all the permission for the microphone is turned on in control panel
    • Uninstalling and reinstalling the microphone driver in Device Manager
    • Uninstalling and reinstalling the USB driver in Device Manager
    • Disabling all other recording device

... and it's still not working. I've tried the microphone using the same cable in a laptop running MacOS and another running ChromeOS, and it's working perfectly. I connected the microphone to another Windows 10 machine, and it's not working either. I connected
    another microphone using the 3.5mm jack and it's working as well, so I'm suspecting that this problem is specific to USB microphone.

Please help, I'm in the end of my rope USB microphone not working USB driver error :(

eira1212, Feb 14, 2021
  4. USB microphone not working USB driver error

USB composite device "driver error"

Can you send us a screenshot of the error message? We suggest uninstalling and re-installing USB drivers and check if the issue persists. To do that, please follow these steps:

• Right-click on the Start button and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Right-click on the first USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers, and then click on
      Uninstall to remove it.
    • Repeat these steps for the entire USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Restart the computer. Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled.

Regards.

Aileen Alf, Feb 14, 2021
Thema:

USB microphone not working USB driver error

1. USB microphone not working USB driver error - Similar Threads - USB microphone working

2. USB Microphone Driver Error Code 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Microphone Driver Error Code 10: Hi! I’ve recently purchased a Fifine Am8 Microphone for my laptop since my old one was not working. I plugged it in today and it would not work whatsoever. Under Device Management, there was an error under the Sound, Audio drop down as the Microphone had a warning symbol next...
  3. USB Microphone Driver Error Code 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Microphone Driver Error Code 10: Hi! I’ve recently purchased a Fifine Am8 Microphone for my laptop since my old one was not working. I plugged it in today and it would not work whatsoever. Under Device Management, there was an error under the Sound, Audio drop down as the Microphone had a warning symbol next...
  4. USB Microphone is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Microphone is not working: I need help getting my usb microphone to work. I checked the drivers and it says the best drivers are installed. There is nothing wrong with privacy settings.Others microphones usb headphone's mic, built-in are working fineIn input settings, there is no format I can choose....
  5. USB Microphone is not working

USB Microphone is not working: I need help getting my usb microphone to work. I checked the drivers and it says the best drivers are installed. There is nothing wrong with privacy settings.Others microphones usb headphone's mic, built-in are working fineIn input settings, there is no format I can choose....
  6. Blue snowball usb microphone driver error

Blue snowball usb microphone driver error: Trying to use a Blue Snowball usb Microphone on my new computer that runs windows 10. says there's a driver error. I've tried updating the drivers and my system tells me they're up to date. I've tried uninstalling the device and restarting my pc as I've seen suggested...
  7. USB Microphone not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Microphone not working: Hi , I pluged in my USB microphone it recognized it but i open Zoom or Meet to test the mic but i when i talk i cant hear anything Can someone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-microphone-not-working/3f09a62d-5849-45cb-986a-095caec83f1b
  8. USB Microphone Not Working

USB Microphone Not Working: So, there are probably a billion threads for these kinds of issues, but I haven't found a fix yet. When I try to connect my USB mic, my computer doesn't even detect it. It's like I haven't even plugged it in at all. Please help!...
  9. USB microphone not working

USB microphone not working: My USB microphone was working last time I used it but now that I have it plugged back in it won't pick up any sound/record. I checked privacy settings , sound settings, driver updates, uninstalling, restarting, unplugging, recording settings I have it set as default and I...
  10. USB Microphone Driver Error

USB Microphone Driver Error: To preface this all I own a Samson Meteor Mic, nothing too fancy just plugs in with USB and a usb micro into the microphone. I've had this for likely about a year and a half to two years. Always worked great and never had any issues. Got a new job and ended up not being able...