Windows 10: USB Microphone Not Working

Discus and support USB Microphone Not Working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So, there are probably a billion threads for these kinds of issues, but I haven't found a fix yet. When I try to connect my USB mic, my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RoaringCrown, Feb 23, 2021.

1. USB Microphone Not Working

So, there are probably a billion threads for these kinds of issues, but I haven't found a fix yet. When I try to connect my USB mic, my computer doesn't even detect it. It's like I haven't even plugged it in at all. Please help!

:)

RoaringCrown, Feb 23, 2021

2. USB headset microphone not working

Hi,

This issue could have happened due to settings of your Microphone. To resolve your issue, we suggest that you check your Microphone is not disabled and set as default. You can follow these steps to check your microphone settings:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.
    • Now, right click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.
    • Select “Microphone” and click on “Properties” and make sure that the microphone is enabled.
    • You may also check if the microphone that you are using is set as default.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.

Anthony Gal, Feb 23, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Feb 23, 2021
  4. Aceman.au Win User

USB Microphone Not Working

Sennheiser GSP 350. Microphone stops working when I open any game

Wow, ok. I think I've fixed it by accident while fiddling around.

It appears to be the Realtek audio being the issue here. I don't use my onboard sound card as my headset is a USB headset only and my speakers are plugged into an ASUS sound card.

Step by step fix:
    • I went into recording devices
    • I enabled STEREO MIX (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    • Then I set that Stereo Mix as the DEFAULT DEVICE (At this point it took over both input and output devices without my permission )
    • Then set my Sennheiser headset as default recording and playback devices in their respective windows even though they both still said they were the default devices when they weren't
    Headset microphone is currently functioning while in game now. I'll update the thread if it goes again. Should I completely disable Realtek audio??? Or will windows just force it to work again?

Aceman.au, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

USB Microphone Not Working

1. USB Microphone Not Working - Similar Threads - USB Microphone Working

2. USB Microphone is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Microphone is not working: I need help getting my usb microphone to work. I checked the drivers and it says the best drivers are installed. There is nothing wrong with privacy settings.Others microphones usb headphone's mic, built-in are working fineIn input settings, there is no format I can choose....
  3. USB Microphone is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Microphone is not working: I need help getting my usb microphone to work. I checked the drivers and it says the best drivers are installed. There is nothing wrong with privacy settings.Others microphones usb headphone's mic, built-in are working fineIn input settings, there is no format I can choose....
  4. USB Microphone not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Microphone not working: Hi , I pluged in my USB microphone it recognized it but i open Zoom or Meet to test the mic but i when i talk i cant hear anything Can someone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-microphone-not-working/3f09a62d-5849-45cb-986a-095caec83f1b
  5. USB microphone not working USB driver error

USB microphone not working USB driver error: On an Acer spin 5 So I got a new microphone today Tonor T30 and I realized it wasn't working, the microphone audio was coming from the headphones I had plugged in. I checked settings, and I tried changing the input device, but the only thing that appeared was the RealTek...
  6. USB microphones not working properly

USB microphones not working properly: Think this question has been asked some times in the past but without a satisfactory answer. I bought a USB microphone Tonor TC-777 and found that it worked very poorly on my laptop ASUS Vivobook S14 with Windows 10. The recording volume is extremely low even at maximum...
  7. USB microphone not working

USB microphone not working: My USB microphone was working last time I used it but now that I have it plugged back in it won't pick up any sound/record. I checked privacy settings , sound settings, driver updates, uninstalling, restarting, unplugging, recording settings I have it set as default and I...
  8. USB Microphone isn't working

USB Microphone isn't working: Hi! I'm at my wits end with this thing. I have a headset with a microphone that I use for gaming, and the microphone just stopped working a couple months ago. Not sure if it was because of an update, or what, I have no idea. I know it still works because I can use it on my...
  9. USB Desktop Microphone not working

USB Desktop Microphone not working: So I just recently bought a desktop microphone that uses a USB plugin. I was following the instructions to set up the microphone, which said to go to the recording tab under the sound settings in the control panel. My problem is that I am unable to see the microphone. I do...
  10. SADES USB Microphone Not Working

SADES USB Microphone Not Working: I have a Sades SA 903. It's a gaming Headset (with microphone) using USB Jack. My problem is: Windows 10 isn't recognizing any microphone sound. So i tinker a bit on the software: 1. I opened Device Properties on Microphone (USB Audio Device). In Levels tab, the volume...