Windows 10: USB Microphone on Windows 10, Recognized but not working

Discus and support USB Microphone on Windows 10, Recognized but not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I've been struggling with this issue for approximately 2 months now. I have a Razer Kraken 7.1 V2 hooked up to my Windows 10 PC. For more than... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jawa2602, Jul 26, 2019.

1. jawa2602 Win User

USB Microphone on Windows 10, Recognized but not working

Hello,

I've been struggling with this issue for approximately 2 months now. I have a Razer Kraken 7.1 V2 hooked up to my Windows 10 PC. For more than a year the microphone has worked fine along with the headphones aspect; however, as of late my computer is no longer receiving data from my microphone. There is no significant damage to the cord of the headset, the microphone works fine on our household Macintosh computer, and I have tried several different solutions to the problem. I have uninstalled the drivers for the headset, uninstalled its custom software, uninstalled my sound drivers, updated my windows, and ran the audio troubleshooter several times. My computer registers that a device is plugged in, and it knows that the device is a microphone; however, it fails to receive any input from it. I have been really stuck on this for a while now and I would appreciate any assistance anyone can offer.

For the record, here are my operating system and soundcard stats as recorded by Valve's system survey for Steam:

Operating System Version:

Windows 10 (64 bit)

NTFS: Supported

Crypto Provider Codes: Supported 311 0x0 0x0 0x0

Sound card:

Audio device: Headset Earphone (Razer Kraken)

Thank you for any suggestions in advance!

:)

jawa2602, Jul 26, 2019

2. my new microphone USB connected is not recognized by Windows 10. Suggestions

my new microphone (Insignia NS-Paum50/NS-Paum50-C) USB connected is not recognized by Windows 10. Suggestions.

LelandShapiro, Jul 26, 2019
  3. Some USB Devices not recognized in Windows 10

Hi have Windows 10 Pro insider preview 10532 64bit Pro Intel i7 desktop PC.

I have multiple USB devices connected, USB 3 & 2. The USB HDD is working however my Samsung phone and kindle are no longer being recognized. The steps followed so far:

• Uninstalled all USB devices in device manager including controllers
    • Flashed BIOS to latest version
    • Updated USB drivers for the devices from manufacturers sites
    • Tried new USB cables

Please note: both devices are recognized by my Windows 10 Lenovo laptop.

I really don't want to fresh install, please suggest any diagnostics I can try.

Thanks

TonyHallett, Jul 26, 2019
  4. makesense Win User

Windows 10 No microphone will work

Sorry about the long response time. Work sucks sometime.

I tried both a headset microphone and the usb microphone on another Windows 10 computer. It did not pick up any microphone signal and was showing the same emulated sound output as I noted before.

That is what is really bothering me. Both computers detect the microphones, yet output is being directed to them as well as any plugged in speaker/headphone.

makesense, Jul 26, 2019
Thema:

1. USB Microphone on Windows 10, Recognized but not working - Similar Threads - USB Microphone Recognized

2. USB Microphone not recognized on Windows 10 desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Microphone not recognized on Windows 10 desktop: I recently bought a ZealSound K66 Professional Studio Microphone, and upon setting it up I have run into some issues where Windows will not recognize the device. I've done some googling and dealt with some popular solutions in the device manager and settings but none of them...
  3. USB Microphone not recognized on Windows 10 desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Microphone not recognized on Windows 10 desktop: I recently bought a ZealSound K66 Professional Studio Microphone, and upon setting it up I have run into some issues where Windows will not recognize the device. I've done some googling and dealt with some popular solutions in the device manager and settings but none of them...
  4. USB Microphone not recognized on Windows 10 desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. PnP USB microphone not recognized by Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PnP USB microphone not recognized by Windows 11: I just updated to Windows 11 and now my PnP usb microphone is not even recognized when I plug it into the USB port on my notebook. I am unable to to troubleshoot it because it doesn't even see it. What can I do?...
  6. PnP USB microphone not recognized by Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PnP USB microphone not recognized by Windows 11: I just updated to Windows 11 and now my PnP usb microphone is not even recognized when I plug it into the USB port on my notebook. I am unable to to troubleshoot it because it doesn't even see it. What can I do?...
  7. USB Microphone is not being recognized

USB Microphone is not being recognized: I have a usb microphone, and when I plug it in, my computer make the noise that windows makes when a new device is plugged in. But when I go to select it as my audio device, it does not show up in the input options. Furthermore, It also does not show up on device manager when...
  8. Windows 10 doesn't recognize my USB AKG microphone

Windows 10 doesn't recognize my USB AKG microphone: Hello, It's a plug and play microphone. But I've updated all the drivers etc,... I plugged the microphone into another computer and it works. I just used the microphone a few days ago, than my computer did an update. But I uninstalled the update and that didn't help....
  9. USB microphone stopped being recognized

USB microphone stopped being recognized: Hello, I have been using my MXL Tempo microphone for around a year now and everything has been perfect with it until now. Around 3 weeks ago my mic stopped being recognized when I bought a boom arm for it and unplugged it and replugged it for setting all the cables and...
  10. windows 10 not recognizing microphone

windows 10 not recognizing microphone: so I've got a hyperX cloud 2 headset and ive been using it on my computer and xbox one for about a year and a half now, never had any problems. one day I was invited to a discord call and my mic wouldn't work, so I tried checking my discord setting - all good tried...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. usb microphone not recognised by surface pro 4