Windows 10: USB Microphone & sound

Discus and support USB Microphone & sound in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; What happened? I added my USB professional microphone and my sound went out. I can no longer hear any sound from my computer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jsydney, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Jsydney Win User

USB Microphone & sound

What happened? I added my USB professional microphone and my sound went out. I can no longer hear any sound from my computer.

:)

Jsydney, Sep 16, 2020

2. Microphone detected but no output of sound

Hey,

I'm out of ideas. I have an XLR condenser microphone that connects to a preamp that then connects to my PC via USB.

Windows sees the device, I've reinstall drivers, the latest Windows update, and all of the normal things I can think of. The premap shows that my microphone is picking up sound, but I get no output to any application or Windows itself.

Any thoughts here or suggestions?

Masterchiefxx17, Sep 16, 2020
  3. Skype "can't access sound card" for microphone

Hi,

As you are facing issues with accessing the microphone on Skype. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

We appreciate your time spent in resolving the issue.

• Do let us know if you have made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • Which version of Skype have you installed on your computer?

As a workaround, I suggest you to check if there are any updates for the Skype app in Windows Store. If so, try to install the updates and check if it helps.

Also, I recommend you to check with the settings in Skype app.

Step 1: Check configuration in Skype

Normally, you will receive the message about recording device error, if the microphone or the webcam is not configured properly in Skype.

To check configuration:

• Open Skype and navigate to tools
    • Click options and check for sound device.

Step 2: Verify in the recording tab if the Microphone is enabled and working.

To check:

• Click Start, click Control Panel
    • Click Soundand click Audio.

Hope it helps. Update us the status with the error message on Skype for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 16, 2020
  4. USB Microphone & sound

USB headset microphone not working

Hi,

This issue could have happened due to settings of your Microphone. To resolve your issue, we suggest that you check your Microphone is not disabled and set as default. You can follow these steps to check your microphone settings:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.
    • Now, right click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.
    • Select “Microphone” and click on “Properties” and make sure that the microphone is enabled.
    • You may also check if the microphone that you are using is set as default.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.

Anthony Gal, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

USB Microphone & sound

1. USB Microphone & sound - Similar Threads - USB Microphone sound

2. USB Microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Microphone: I have set up the microphone which works fine on Audacity.How do I setup to use in all parts of computer.Speakers/skype ect.And how to keep same microphone voice for always. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-microphone/21514ff9-7a02-48c2-9662-105b79d8ff30
  3. USB Microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Microphone: I have set up the microphone which works fine on Audacity.How do I setup to use in all parts of computer.Speakers/skype ect.And how to keep same microphone voice for always. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-microphone/21514ff9-7a02-48c2-9662-105b79d8ff30
  4. Sound and Microphone not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound and Microphone not working: So a while ago my ThinkPad E480 laptop stopped giving output to my speakers and the audio jack, and it was annoying but I usually use my Bluetooth headset so I was fine. Then my headset died and it didn't work tried a few things, nothing, restarted my computer the sound...
  5. Microphone mutes sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone mutes sound: This has been happening as long as I can remember but only recently has it been a problem.I use a headset with a built in microphone and whenever an application activates the microphone it mutes any sound from other applications and most of the time the sound from the...
  6. Unwanted microphone sounds when using USB sound input

Unwanted microphone sounds when using USB sound input: I plugged in a USB turntable but the only input where I get sound is the MICROPHONE input. I changed it's input to 24bit Stereo and clicked LISTEN, so I can now hear the sound. Unfortunately the internal microphone is still on so I'm getting lots of echo. I've turned off...
  7. Microphone transmits sounds?

Microphone transmits sounds?: Since today, my microphone front from the headset transmits the sounds that are played back on the PC and no longer when I speak into the microphone. Drivers are up-to-date. Where can I change that? Use Windows 10. Mikrofon überträgt Sounds?
  8. My USB Microphone sounds like a chipmunk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My USB Microphone sounds like a chipmunk: Whenever I record something, and not just on Skype/Zoom, my voice sounds really sped up and like a chipmunk. When I use the built-in microphone though, there is a lot of echoes. How do I fix all this?...
  9. USB Microphone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB Microphone: On plugging in my USB Microphone it shows the error DEVICE DESCRIPTOR REQUEST FAILED There is no option to rollback any drivers, I have tried searching for drivers online. It used to work perfectly about a week ago. I have tried two different other computers and the mic...
  10. USB Microphone Works in Windows Sound But Not in Other Applications

USB Microphone Works in Windows Sound But Not in Other Applications: My USB mic works in windows sound (I can click listen to device and hear) but not in other applications such as Teamspeak 3, Discord and Skype. I have tried reinstalling my audio drivers and repair installing windows. I have the latest Realtek audio drivers, latest windows...