Windows 10: USB Microphone stops responding when opening games/applications

Discus and support USB Microphone stops responding when opening games/applications in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The microphone I have is a Tonor Q9, which works completely fine until I open a game or a game launcher. The mic doesn't disconnect or anything, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Harrison O'Neill, Aug 3, 2020.

1. USB Microphone stops responding when opening games/applications

The microphone I have is a Tonor Q9, which works completely fine until I open a game or a game launcher. The mic doesn't disconnect or anything, it just stops picking up audio until I unplug and plug back in the microphone, or weirdly enough when I unplug and plug my headphones also USB powered back in. It also does not pick up the microphone on startup, unless I unplug it first.

I have:

Uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers

Tried every single USB port, front and back

Disabled exclusive mode in Advanced Properties

Checked that apps are allowed access to the microphone

Turned off some USB power saving settings

Updated Windows to latest release

Ran the troubleshooter - nothing found

:)

Harrison O'Neill, Aug 3, 2020
  2. Aceman.au Win User

Sennheiser GSP 350. Microphone stops working when I open any game

Wow, ok. I think I've fixed it by accident while fiddling around.

It appears to be the Realtek audio being the issue here. I don't use my onboard sound card as my headset is a USB headset only and my speakers are plugged into an ASUS sound card.

Step by step fix:
    • I went into recording devices
    • I enabled STEREO MIX (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    • Then I set that Stereo Mix as the DEFAULT DEVICE (At this point it took over both input and output devices without my permission )
    • Then set my Sennheiser headset as default recording and playback devices in their respective windows even though they both still said they were the default devices when they weren't
    Headset microphone is currently functioning while in game now. I'll update the thread if it goes again. Should I completely disable Realtek audio??? Or will windows just force it to work again?

Aceman.au, Aug 3, 2020
  3. The sims 2 open for business stops responding?

PLEASE HELP!
    the sims 2 open for business stops responding at the start when it is loading please tell me whats up.

musicistabest, Aug 3, 2020
  4. USB Microphone stops responding when opening games/applications

My mic stops responding when i lauch a game, or an application!

Hi,

The issue you're experiencing with your microphone can be due to a variety of reasons, but the most common one is because of the application you're using with it.

Since you've mentioned that your Logitech USB headset doesn't result to the issue you're having with your other microphones, have you tried using them to a different device (PC or laptop)? If yes, did you get the same result? Does the same issue happen when
    you're not using Discord?

Make sure that you have the latest drivers for your PC by checking out this
    link
    on how to update your drivers in Windows 10.

Also, you can run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to repair problems with your devices and hardware. Here's how to run the
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Right-click the Start icon, then select Control Panel.
    • Choose the Large icons option from the View by drop down list found on the upper-right part of the Control Panel window.
    • Locate then select Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all from the left pane.
    • Locate and click Hardware and Devices to run the troubleshooter then follow the next steps.

Let us know what happens after following the above mentioned troubleshooting steps.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

USB Microphone stops responding when opening games/applications

1. USB Microphone stops responding when opening games/applications - Similar Threads - USB Microphone stops

2. The application stops responding to button clicks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The application stops responding to button clicks: Hello. I ran into such a problem, for some reason, when I log into the game, and to be precise in microsoft flyght sim, my game stops responding to mouse clicks, this problem is only with my PC, because my friend is OK, and everything is OK on my second computer too. Tell me...
  3. USB microphone disconnecting and reconnecting when opening games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB microphone disconnecting and reconnecting when opening games: Hello, about a month ago I got a new microphone to be exact it’s a HyperX Quadcast but everytime I plug it in it will run perfect till I open up a game. It will then disconnect and I will lose audio and then suddenly reconnect. It will do this ever minute or so. I have tried...
  4. USB microphone disconnecting and reconnecting when opening games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB microphone disconnecting and reconnecting when opening games: Hello, about a month ago I got a new microphone to be exact it’s a HyperX Quadcast but everytime I plug it in it will run perfect till I open up a game. It will then disconnect and I will lose audio and then suddenly reconnect. It will do this ever minute or so. I have tried...
  5. Seach Application Stopped responding and was closed

in Cortana
    Seach Application Stopped responding and was closed: Hello everyone,The past 4 days Search Application has been stopping and restarting for no reason. SourceSearch applicationSummaryStopped responding and was closedDate‎21/‎08/‎2022 23:07StatusReport sentDescriptionA problem caused this program to stop interacting with...
  6. Seach Application Stopped responding and was closed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Seach Application Stopped responding and was closed: Hello everyone,The past 4 days Search Application has been stopping and restarting for no reason. SourceSearch applicationSummaryStopped responding and was closedDate‎21/‎08/‎2022 23:07StatusReport sentDescriptionA problem caused this program to stop interacting with...
  7. Seach Application Stopped responding and was closed

8. Applications stop responding after a while

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Applications stop responding after a while: I have no idea why it happens. Some of the applications on my laptop stops working after minutes of usage, varying from 1 min to 10+ mins. These applications include Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Animate, and games Don't Starve, This War of Mine, and perhaps more. By saying stop...
  9. USB microphone stops working when steam / games are opened

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB microphone stops working when steam / games are opened: The microphone I have is a Blue Snowball ICE, which works completely fine until I open a game or a game launcher. The mic doesn't disconnect or anything, it just stops picking up audio until I either 1 unplug and plug back in the microphone or 2 disable and enable the device....
  10. Applications crash and stop responding as soon as they're opened

Applications crash and stop responding as soon as they're opened: Hello. I've had a problem with my Lenovo laptop since last week. Every time I try to open an application, excluding the default applications by Windows, they crash as soon as the app opens, and I get a "has stopped working" popup. I've erased potential viruses with Windows...