Windows 10: USB midi controller and Windows 10 update

Discus and support USB midi controller and Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have an M-Audio Oxygen 8 midi controller keyboard that I was using through usb into a DAW (Reaper) for producing music. It was working until... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JanHoward2, Oct 12, 2018.

1. USB midi controller and Windows 10 update

Hi, I have an M-Audio Oxygen 8 midi controller keyboard that I was using through usb into a DAW (Reaper) for producing music.

It was working until the last Windows 10 update, but now Reaper doesn't recognise that I've got the device connected...nothing shows up as a midi device.

I've uninstalled all the USB connection in Device Manager, and the Unknown Device too, and restarted.

The USB connections all appear again, when I plugged in the midi controller it was installed as Unknown Device with no drivers.

What do I do?

Thanks

:)

JanHoward2, Oct 12, 2018

2. USB Midi Keyboard not recognized (Windows 10)

Hello Annu,

I tried the two options but my Midi Keyboard still does not work with my Surface Pro 4.

I know the device is connected and recognize (I can see it in the device manager).

Any other ideas?

Alexisde Ghellinck, Oct 12, 2018
  3. USB MIDI Audio Interface (M-Audio USB MIDI device) - not working in certain applications for MIDI Input.

I'm using Windows 10 Pro.

1) I have a MIDI keyboard connected to my desktop via a M-Audio USB MIDI Interface.

2) This device has worked before fine, but all-of-a-sudden, one of the apps I use to write music (Famitracker) suddenly will not open the MIDI Input. It's the same error I get when another application is using the MIDI controller at the same time - maybe
    there is some service or application running in the background that is using the MIDI controller? If so, I can't figure out what it would be.

3) MIDI-OX (the software used to test MIDI input/output) also will not open the MIDI controller input. It says Unknown external error.

4) However, Finale V 25 detects the MIDI controller and I am able to use my MIDI keyboard just fine.

I would appreciate any help in this regard.

BorisBeckah, Oct 12, 2018
  4. OaisHalim Win User

USB midi controller and Windows 10 update

How does a musician resolve the 'USB not recognised (device descriptor request failed)' for a class compliant midi controller?

Greetings,

It's been a long hard harrowing experience at attempt to troubleshoot this issue, I've tried many steps common to 'USB not recognised' for windows like switching off the power management for USB and other common ones in countless forums. Went through the
    lengths of reinstalling windows 10 twice. Went through support of Novation, the manufacturer of the midi controller. Updated the controller's firmware, and went through all the steps they had, to resolve this issue, but in vane. The controller works seamlessly
    on Mac, but fails whenever I connect it to my windows system. I installed linux on my pc to see if it has the same problem, in case my machine has a hardware related problem, but it isn't, as it seamlessly connected to linux as well. This has narrowed down
    to an operating system related issue particularly with windows 10. How is it that it can't recognise a class compliant midi controller that doesn't need drivers installed?

OaisHalim, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

USB midi controller and Windows 10 update

1. USB midi controller and Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - USB midi controller

2. USB Midi problem in WIN 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Midi problem in WIN 10: Hello, I have a problem when using multiple identical generic USB-MIDI adapters where WIN10 does not differentiate them by Device Name. This causes my DAW cakewalk to have problems using them because it does not realize they are separate devices. I have changed their Friendly...
  3. Windows 10 Midi controller activation

Windows 10 Midi controller activation: HI, I encounter a problem with a midi controller. I have Ableton 10 on a Desktop PC running windows 10and when i plug in my device Akai key lab is working just fine. THe problem stands when I connect the same controller with Ableton on my Laptopo also running WIndows 10....
  4. USB Midi keyboard not recognised by Windows 10

USB Midi keyboard not recognised by Windows 10: Hello! For a while my computer running Windows 10 has problems recognising a specific USB audio device. The device is a M-audio Keystation Mini 32 Mk1 and it is class compliant which means I can't download a specific driver from the manufacturer. I've been...
  5. USB MIDI DJ Controller Driver Error Windows 10

USB MIDI DJ Controller Driver Error Windows 10: So I just bought a new computer and am trying to use my old DJ controller but my PC says it has a driver error. So I try re-installing the latest 1.7 driver, that doesn't work. so I try the previous 1.5 driver, doesn't work. I try running the troubleshooter and it doesn't...
  6. Midi Controller Stopped Working on Windows 10

Midi Controller Stopped Working on Windows 10: I have been successfully using my Novation Launchkey 49 with Ableton Live for the past few years. However, when I updated my computer with the latest Windows update 2 weeks ago, the Launchkey stopped working. In the device manager, the LaunchKey has a Code 10 device cannot...
  7. usb midi recognition by windows 10 home

usb midi recognition by windows 10 home: bought latest windows 10 laptop for music production. can not connect the usb midi keyboard, found similar trouble with my friends. the keyboard company has given us with updates, still not working. kindly help. need reply from microsoft directly to understand the issue....
  8. midi USB cable

midi USB cable: I've a new cable but it did not function correctly 2 M Keyboard naar PC USB MIDI Cable Converter PC Muziek toetsenbord Cord USB IN-OUT MIDI Interface can you please help me out it did not work with windows 10 it show Device USB\VID_15CA&PID_0101\5&aea7634&0&2 was not...
  9. usb midi help

in Windows 10 Customization
    usb midi help: hi I need help with my midi cord from amazon, my laptop is not understanding it right. so plz help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-midi-help/91309b2c-3ceb-4804-8bbb-b4466716c9a0
  10. Are there any usb midi controller (music keyboards) that are supported by Windows 10?

Are there any usb midi controller (music keyboards) that are supported by Windows 10?: I'm trying to find a new midi controller that will work with Windows 10. My current music keyboard (usb midi controller M-Audio Oxygen 8) no longer works with Windows 10, and there seems to be no way of making it work. Which ones on the market are compatible with Windows 10?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. usb to midi windows 10

2. windows 10 usb midi

3. update midi using usb

4. midi in windows 10 controller,
  5. windows 10 midi usb 3,
  6. usb midi controller language:en,
  7. windows 10 midi controller,
  8. usb midi controler exe,
  9. use generic usb for midi controller win 10,
  10. midi controler generic windows 10