Windows 10: USB Mouse and Keyboard intermittently not responding; Windows 10

Discus and support USB Mouse and Keyboard intermittently not responding; Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Over the last few months (actually TBH the mouse started near the beginning of the year but it's been most notable during the last few months), both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by avigor, Nov 15, 2019.

1. avigor Win User

USB Mouse and Keyboard intermittently not responding; Windows 10

Over the last few months (actually TBH the mouse started near the beginning of the year but it's been most notable during the last few months), both mouse and keyboard (specifically Razer Naga Hex v2 and Blackwidow Ultimate) have been intermittently failing to respond, albeit only partially. I've mostly noticed the issues with Skyrim, albeit both have suffered outside of the game. The issues are:
    • Mouse: Randomly turns off the laser for at least several seconds at a time; sometimes unplugging and switching USB ports can help, but it is no guarantee. I am not using the keyboard's passthrough for this (if I use that port, it's for a game controller). Suffice to say, it is maddening when I suddenly have to pause my game and either wait or unplug/replug the mouse to be able to aim in the middle of combat.
    • Keyboard: Mostly when I load Skyrim the letters will just stop responding until I quit and reload (which thankfully the Escape key and similar will still work), as if the game isn't initializing or linking into the driver properly. A few times this has carried over into everything in Windows 10, requiring in some cases a reboot but in others an outright uninstall and reinstall of a driver.
    What I'm not sure of is if this could be a hardware issue (e.g. motherboard is dying, not sure what it is but can look it up if needed, albeit might take a while), or if I just need to reinstall or repair more drivers than I have so far. Is there a simple(ish) way to reinstall all the USB related drivers at once via an app (or even a USB thumbnail boot), instead of hunting through the Device Manager taking everything out one at a time and risking losing mouse and keyboard functionality till I hard reboot? I've managed to get a bit out of the loop with the best technical tools these last several years (basically since Windows 8 came out).

Something that may or may not be related is I have an SSD that started having issues while performing large-scale operations where it would just stop responding until I unplugged and replugged it, and eventually it just stopped responding altogether. However, it might be the device itself as the plug was kinda misaligned when it arrived and a pain in the derriere to get plugged in, and I've been in contact with the Amazon seller about sending it back for repairs as it could amount to the port essentially being broken.

:)

avigor, Nov 15, 2019

2. Windows 10 usb keyboard and mouse not working

Hi,

To assist you better, answer the below question.

I would like to know if you are getting any message when you connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse?

I suggest you to connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different USB port and check if it works.

Also, plug your USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different system and check if it works.

I suggest you try below method and check if it helps

Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your mouse.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, Nov 15, 2019
  3. usb mouse not responding

Hi Lance,

It can be a faulty driver that is causing your mouse and headphone not to work. However, we need to gather more information for us to provide the best solution to your computer. Kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any changes prior to the issue?
    • Is your mouse and headphones working on another computer?

We suggest that you visit the links below for troubleshooting steps for your mouse and headphones.

Looking forward to your reply.

Robelene Win, Nov 15, 2019
  4. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Nov 15, 2019
Thema:

1. USB Mouse and Keyboard intermittently not responding; Windows 10 - Similar Threads - USB Mouse Keyboard

2. Intermittently unresponsive keyboard and mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intermittently unresponsive keyboard and mouse: This issue started only after updating to Windows 11 and has now affected the functionality of three different MS Sculpt Ergonomic keyboard/mouse combinations.The latest issue is with a replacement/replacement Microsoft Sculpt Ergo Desktop keyboard and USB receiver Device...
  3. Intermittently unresponsive keyboard and mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intermittently unresponsive keyboard and mouse: This issue started only after updating to Windows 11 and has now affected the functionality of three different MS Sculpt Ergonomic keyboard/mouse combinations.The latest issue is with a replacement/replacement Microsoft Sculpt Ergo Desktop keyboard and USB receiver Device...
  4. USB-C Dock Intermittent USB Mouse and Keyboard Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB-C Dock Intermittent USB Mouse and Keyboard Issues: Hello,I'm having a weird issue that I'm hoping someone else has seen before. I have 2 different USB-C docking stations with 2 monitors, a mouse, and keyboard plugged into them. Randomly, the mouse and keyboard will stop working for a very short time and then start working...
  5. USB-C Dock Intermittent USB Mouse and Keyboard Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB-C Dock Intermittent USB Mouse and Keyboard Issues: Hello,I'm having a weird issue that I'm hoping someone else has seen before. I have 2 different USB-C docking stations with 2 monitors, a mouse, and keyboard plugged into them. Randomly, the mouse and keyboard will stop working for a very short time and then start working...
  6. USB-C Dock Intermittent USB Mouse and Keyboard Issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Mouse and Touchpad intermittently not responding

Mouse and Touchpad intermittently not responding: Hello,After powering my laptop from sleep mode, and even after a reboot, my mouse and touchpad do not respond to any clicks made. The only way I can control my open Apps in Windows is via the keyboard. Yet, my mouse and touchpad work because I can see the cursor moving around...
  8. Intermittent wireless keyboard and mouse on Windows 10

Intermittent wireless keyboard and mouse on Windows 10: Had serious problem with intermittent wireless keyboard and mouse on Windows 10. Followed advice as detailed on numerous threads on this board but to no effect. Other reasons caused me to replace my printer, with which I had problem due to wireless connection. Suggested by...
  9. keyboard and mouse not responding in window 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    keyboard and mouse not responding in window 10: hi, keyboard and mouse not responding in window 10 on my desktop pc.it was working fine before. plz help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-and-mouse-not-responding-in-window-10/55bbbde0-8100-477b-a8ca-a05e6b8184c2
  10. USB mouse works intermittently

USB mouse works intermittently: My usb mouse only works intermittently (disappears and reappears. When I go to device manager and highlight the mouse, the device manager list of devices goes through a cycle of reappearing and disappearing. How can I get the mouse to work without interruption? I have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. usb keybboard not working intermittantly

2. usb keymoard not responding

3. why is my logitech cordless keyboard lagging

4. logitech wireless intermittent,
  5. minecraft not responding to usb keyboard on laptop,
  6. logitech itermiittent usb hub windows 10