Windows 10: USB Mouse and Keyboard not working after waking PC from sleep, forced to power button

Discus and support USB Mouse and Keyboard not working after waking PC from sleep, forced to power button in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, Twice within the past week when I go to wake my computer from sleep mode I usually wake the pc with the power button on the case, my mouse and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by wkorzi, Nov 23, 2020.

1. wkorzi Win User

USB Mouse and Keyboard not working after waking PC from sleep, forced to power button

Hello,

Twice within the past week when I go to wake my computer from sleep mode I usually wake the pc with the power button on the case, my mouse and keyboard are unresponsive. The mouse will have its rgb on and the keyboard will not but has a light on for num lock. Unplugging the USB and putting them back do not make them work and I am forced to hold down the power button to shut down and turn on again.

I have made sure that all my drivers are updated and I have changed USB power settings in device management. Windows as well as Logitech G HUB are up to date. I am suspicious of my motherboard but do not know where to go next. Any advice?

Thanks,

Will

MB: ASUS Prime H470M-Plus

USB:

*Logitech G502 Hero Mouse and Logitech G213 Prodigy Keyboard in USB 2.0 slots back
    Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 in USB 3.0 back
    Storage drive in USB 3.0 front
    iLok License Key in USB 3.0 front

Device name DESKTOP-PB8N3HB

Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90 GHz
    Installed RAM 16.0 GB
    Device ID 4BBFBABC-772F-42E5-B57B-41365739B90B
    Product ID 00326-00840-99604-AAOEM
    System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
    Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

Edition Windows 10 Home
    Version 20H2
    Installed on ‎11/‎12/‎2020
    OS build 19042.630
    Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0

BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 0602, 4/3/2020
    SMBIOS Version 3.2
    BIOS Mode UEFI

:)

wkorzi, Nov 23, 2020
  2. Trepid Win User

Cannot wake PC from sleep with keyboard/mouse

I am unable to wake the PC from sleep with the keyboard or mouse. I took several steps and spoke at length with a microsoft tech who could not solve the problem. Here is the changes I made:

-Under device manager i made sure keyboard and mouse can wake the computer up.

- Turned off fast startup.

- Used these commands in the command prompt: powercfg.exe /hibernate off powercfg.exe /hibernate on.

- Changed power settings to allow hybrid sleep off and allow wake timers Enable.

- Went to BIOS upon restarting at went to the power section and made sure that the keyboard can wake the PC and selected wake with any key on the mouse.

- After all of that failed to fix the issue I went back to the advanced power settings and reset to default. That still did not fix the problem. I have to push the power button to wake the PC up.

Trepid, Nov 23, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Only the Power Button Wakes PC from Sleep

You also need to access the BIOS and setup to allow Wakeup from Keyboard/Mouse
    NOTE: If you have a USB keyboard then you also need to setup for USB to wake up.

USB Mouse and Keyboard not working after waking PC from sleep, forced to power button [​IMG]

topgundcp, Nov 23, 2020
  4. GARoss Win User

USB Mouse and Keyboard not working after waking PC from sleep, forced to power button

PC only wakes from sleep with power button, not keyboard (?)

My wife's Mac Mini is so old Apple will not update the OS, stating the hardware is too old. I think Apple just wants us to purchase a new Mac. *What We didn't. I built her a new PC with a mix of older, but still good hardware. *Thumbs

So far so good but I have hit a snag. I can only wake the PC out of sleep when pressing the power button, not by pressing "any key" on the keyboard or mouse which I thought was normal.

We will use a USB type keyboard soon but for now the keyboard is an older Microsoft brand which uses a PS/2 connector, not a USB. I don't know if that might be the issue or maybe some power setting I've missed. In Power Options, Balanced is selected & under "Choose what the power button does" is set to "Shut down". I use these settings on my PC as well & pressing any key on the keyboard bring my PC out of sleep.

Any suggestions?

GARoss, Nov 23, 2020
Thema:

1. USB Mouse and Keyboard not working after waking PC from sleep, forced to power button - Similar Threads - USB Mouse Keyboard

2. Wireless mouse and keyboard not waking PC from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Wireless mouse and keyboard not waking PC from sleep: Hi, I am using a Logitech M720 mouse and MX keys keyboard, when PC goes to sleep, these will not wake it up from sleep. They will wake up my work laptop. I need to wake my home PC up using a second M310 logitech mouse. Once woken, the keyboard and mouse are useable. Running...
  3. Wireless mouse and keyboard not waking PC from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless mouse and keyboard not waking PC from sleep: Hi, I am using a Logitech M720 mouse and MX keys keyboard, when PC goes to sleep, these will not wake it up from sleep. They will wake up my work laptop. I need to wake my home PC up using a second M310 logitech mouse. Once woken, the keyboard and mouse are useable. Running...
  4. Wireless mouse and keyboard not waking PC from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. "Power Button" wakes PC from sleep...or does it?

in Windows 10 Support
    "Power Button" wakes PC from sleep...or does it?: I have this recurring problem: About 4 weeks ago my desktop PC would wake up immediately after i set it to sleep. powercfg -lastwake query in cmd prompt returned: Type: Fixed feature, Power Button I googled this problem and also searched here on the forums and some people...
  6. Cannot wake PC from sleep with keyboard/mouse

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot wake PC from sleep with keyboard/mouse: OS: Windows 10 Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.836) I am unable to wake the PC from sleep with the keyboard or mouse. I took several steps and spoke at length with a microsoft tech who could not solve the problem. Here is the changes I made: -Under device manager i made sure...
  7. Wake from sleep only with power button

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Wake from sleep only with power button: Using a Surface Pro 6 with Windows 10 latest update I want that it wakes up ONLY when I press the power button. Nothing else. Instead, it wakes up when plugging or unplugging the power cable, moving the mouse ever so slightly or pressing a button on the keyboard (both...
  8. Keyboard & Mouse won't wake PC from sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard & Mouse won't wake PC from sleep: Up until recently, I have either put my laptop to sleep or let it go to sleep at the end of the day. The next morning I would hit either the mouse or keyboard (probably mostly the esc key just because it's sort of prominent at the corner). Some time recently, I haven't been...
  9. Only the Power Button Wakes PC from Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Only the Power Button Wakes PC from Sleep: My system: Win 10 64 bit Retail, MSI B150M Mortar, Intel i5-6500, Samsung 512GB SSD, Corsair 2 x 4 GB Memory, etc. Although my keyboard and mouse are allowed to wake the PC from sleep (in Device Manager), they don't wake the PC. Interestingly, pressing the "Power Button"...
  10. PC only wakes from sleep with power button, not keyboard (?)

in Windows 10 Support
    PC only wakes from sleep with power button, not keyboard (?): My wife's Mac Mini is so old Apple will not update the OS, stating the hardware is too old. I think Apple just wants us to purchase a new Mac. *What We didn't. I built her a new PC with a mix of older, but still good hardware. *Thumbs So far so good but I have hit a snag....