Windows 10: USB Mouse and keyboard pausing, then "Catching up" randomly

Discus and support USB Mouse and keyboard pausing, then "Catching up" randomly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a user experiencing issues with her USB mouse /Keyboard paired set. bot resond to one USB dongle, inserted into the docking station.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mark Baldus (mbaldus), Sep 6, 2018.

1. USB Mouse and keyboard pausing, then "Catching up" randomly

I have a user experiencing issues with her USB mouse /Keyboard paired set. bot resond to one USB dongle, inserted into the docking station.

Randomly, when the user is typing, the Keyboard will stop typing, and mouse stops moving or cursor disappears. I have moved the Dongle, checked to see if other apps are hogging memory, (Not), and checked to ensure the latest drivers are installed.

Any thoughts?

Mark

[Moved from Install, upgrade and activate / Windows 10 / Office 365 for business ]

:)

Mark Baldus (mbaldus), Sep 6, 2018

2. keyboard and optical mouse usb

Hi,

To assist you better, answer the below question.

• Are you getting any message when you connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse?

I suggest you to connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different USB port and check if it works.

Also, plug your USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different system and check if it works.

I suggest you try below method and check if it helps.

Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your mouse.

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

I suggest you to refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Troubleshooting: Keyboards and check if it helps.

https://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/help/support/troubleshooting/keyboard/common-issues

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Sep 6, 2018
  3. Windows 10 usb keyboard and mouse not working

Hi,

To assist you better, answer the below question.

I would like to know if you are getting any message when you connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse?

I suggest you to connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different USB port and check if it works.

Also, plug your USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different system and check if it works.

I suggest you try below method and check if it helps

Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your mouse.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, Sep 6, 2018
  4. Namslas90 Win User

USB Mouse and keyboard pausing, then "Catching up" randomly

USB Keyboard and Mouse HELP

Best solutions is ti use a Dell - USB compatable Mouse and Keyboard.
    IF no Dell Mouse/Keyboard; try any USB mouse & keyboard, most work some don't.

Namslas90, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

USB Mouse and keyboard pausing, then "Catching up" randomly

1. USB Mouse and keyboard pausing, then "Catching up" randomly - Similar Threads - USB Mouse keyboard

2. mouse and keyboard disconnects randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mouse and keyboard disconnects randomly: So i have a razer deathadder v2 as my mouse and a redragon keyboard. both of them started disconnecting randomly when playing games like a few days ago and its happening every minute or so. they are not wireless. and i noticed that this is sometimes happening with sudden...
  3. Keyboard and mouse randomly disconnect.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and mouse randomly disconnect.: Both my keyboard and mouse will randomly disconnect from my PC for 1-5 seconds, after that time has passed, they will reconnect. They both disconnect at the exact same time, but sometimes, only the mouse will disconnect. This behavior has never happened with the keyboard. I...
  4. mouse and keyboard randomly freezing up for a few seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mouse and keyboard randomly freezing up for a few seconds: Running Windows 11 and over the last month or so, the mouse and keyboard have started freezing up every 5 mins or so for a few seconds and it seems to be getting more frequent. Even typing this question the keyboard is doing it. I have seen this question asked on the MS...
  5. mouse and keyboard randomly freezing up for a few seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mouse and keyboard randomly freezing up for a few seconds: Running Windows 11 and over the last month or so, the mouse and keyboard have started freezing up every 5 mins or so for a few seconds and it seems to be getting more frequent. Even typing this question the keyboard is doing it. I have seen this question asked on the MS...
  6. USB keyboard and mouse very slow to wake up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    USB keyboard and mouse very slow to wake up: When I wake my PC up from sleep with a press of the keyboard or wiggle of the mouse, the PC shows the login screen instantly but the mouse and keyboard don't respond to inputs for ages and I sit there waiting until I can log in. The keyboard is wired, the mouse is a Logitech...
  7. Odd Stuttering at random intervals, catching up after pause but with no audio issues.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Odd Stuttering at random intervals, catching up after pause but with no audio issues.: For around a month now, I've been experienced some odd stuttering that occurs at random periods, during this period, I notice my keyboard's RGB lighting glitching out, typing being registered but not showing up until after a stutter, mousing pausing but then catching up to...
  8. Mouse And Keyboard disconnecting Randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse And Keyboard disconnecting Randomly: My mouse and keyboard is turning off for few seconds and turn on. And sometimes completely Disconnects . Then i have to reconnect them. Then some times the mouse frozes for few seconds. keyboard and mouse turns off randomly more often during playing Games. I have tried the...
  9. Mouse randomly catching

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse randomly catching: I have been having issues for a bit now regarding my cursor. I have an Acer Aspire ES 15 laptop and Windows 10 came installed on it. I have verified that it is not the mouse, both by purchasing a new mouse and by using the touchpad. When moving the cursor, it seems to catch...
  10. Waking up laptop through USB mouse/keyboard?

in Windows 10 Support
    Waking up laptop through USB mouse/keyboard?: Hello, that's a problem I actually had since Windows 8: Whenever my laptop goes to sleep, the only way to wake it up is through the laptop's keyboard (pressing any key on the keyboard). But when I press the USB keyboard or the USB mouse, it doesn't wake up. I use my laptop...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mouse and keyboard pausing in windows 10

2. Gaming Mouse Fix left mouse click and r key pausing

3. usb mouse pausing

4. usb mouse pausing during hdd access,
  5. random keyboard p ausing