Windows 10: USB mouse and wifi adapter need to unplug and plug to enable them work

Discus and support USB mouse and wifi adapter need to unplug and plug to enable them work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I don't know why my usb mouse and wifi adapter normally don't work after the system's boot up, then I need to unplug them and plug them, then they both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JustinWuB, Jan 23, 2021.

1. JustinWuB Win User

USB mouse and wifi adapter need to unplug and plug to enable them work

I don't know why my usb mouse and wifi adapter normally don't work after the system's boot up, then I need to unplug them and plug them, then they both work. The keyboard works fine. So strange.

CPU:E3-1230 v2
    Motherboard:Gigabyte GA-Z77x-UD5H-WB WiFi ver1.0

Windows 10 Professional 20H2
    OS version 19042.746
    Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

:)

JustinWuB, Jan 23, 2021

2. usb keyboard and mouse not working, unless unplug and plug it back

Hi,

I apologize for not addressing you in a timely manner. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I suggest you to Disable and re-enable all the
    Universal Serial Bus controllers
    (USB) controllers.

The USB controllers represent the USB ports in Device Manager.

To disable and re-enable the USB controllers, follow these steps:

a) Open Device Manager.

b) Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.

c) Note: You might have to scroll down the list to find this item.

d) Right-click the first USB controller under
    Universal Serial Bus controllers
    , and then click Uninstall to remove it.

e) Repeat the above step for each USB controller that is listed under
    Universal Serial Bus controllers.

f) Restart the computer. After the computer starts, Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and

g) Reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled.

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jan 23, 2021
  3. ffox(2) Win User
    USB mouse not working after boot-up until unplugged/re-plugged

The mouse is a Sumvision Kata. It works in bios, but for about a month I've nearly always needed to unplug and re-plug it before it will work in Windows.

I'm now on 1709 Build 16299.371 via KB4093112. Update KB4074588 which apparently initiated the problem is no longer shown in the list of installed updates, so I can't uninstall it. Also, I can't install KB4090913 , which was meant to fix the problem,
    because it is "incompatible".

I've tried the suggestions in other threads about USB mice not working - nothing helps. All the drivers are up to date. The USB 3 ones are dated 12/03/2018 (significant?) with no roll-back option available. My work-around is to hibernate rather than power
    off, but it's not satisfactory.

Can I expect an update to fix this? If not, what else can I try?

ffox(2), Jan 23, 2021
  4. cauyao615 Win User

Mouse and touchpad not working

Hey did exactly what you suggested and the first time i did it the mouse cursor became visible, it was at the center of the screen but i still couldnt make it move with the touchpad and i plugged in my usb mouse and that doesnt work too. I did it a few moret times but cursor never showed up again and still could make either the touchpad or the mouse to work. Do you have anymore suggestion?

cauyao615, Jan 23, 2021
Thema:

1. USB mouse and wifi adapter need to unplug and plug to enable them work - Similar Threads - USB mouse wifi

2. WiFi won't work after plugging and then unplugging my Ethernet adapter?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi won't work after plugging and then unplugging my Ethernet adapter?: I have an Ethernet adapter I use for my gaming laptop that plugs in via the USB-C port, the WiFi is working on other devices.I seem to have pinpointed the issue as being an adapter issue. I can't figure out how to solve the issue though. When I go into Device Manager the...
  3. WiFi won't work after plugging and then unplugging my Ethernet adapter?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi won't work after plugging and then unplugging my Ethernet adapter?: I have an Ethernet adapter I use for my gaming laptop that plugs in via the USB-C port, the WiFi is working on other devices.I seem to have pinpointed the issue as being an adapter issue. I can't figure out how to solve the issue though. When I go into Device Manager the...
  4. USB mouse not working after boot-up until unplugged/re-plugged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB mouse not working after boot-up until unplugged/re-plugged: The mouse is a Logitech G400. It works in bios, but for about a month I've nearly always needed to unplug and re-plug it before it will work in Windows. I'm now on 1709 Build 19045.272.Tried to update BIOS - not helped.Tried to update AMD USB Chipset driver - not helpedTried...
  5. USB mouse not working after boot-up until unplugged/re-plugged

USB mouse not working after boot-up until unplugged/re-plugged: The mouse is a Logitech G400. It works in bios, but for about a month I've nearly always needed to unplug and re-plug it before it will work in Windows. I'm now on 1709 Build 19045.272.Tried to update BIOS - not helped.Tried to update AMD USB Chipset driver - not helpedTried...
  6. USB mouse not working after boot-up until unplugged/re-plugged

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. USB mouse stops working after unplugging and plugging back in 5 times.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB mouse stops working after unplugging and plugging back in 5 times.: I have a need to plug and unplug my USB mouse every once in a while, but it seems that if I do it 5 times the time intervals don't matter, the device mouse stops being responsive after I plug it back in for the 6th time, and only works again if I restart my PC. I assume this...
  8. USB mouse stops working after unplugging and plugging back in 5 times.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB mouse stops working after unplugging and plugging back in 5 times.: I have a need to plug and unplug my USB mouse every once in a while, but it seems that if I do it 5 times the time intervals don't matter, the device mouse stops being responsive after I plug it back in for the 6th time, and only works again if I restart my PC. I assume this...
  9. USB mouse stops working after unplugging and plugging back in 5 times.

10. Headphones wont work after unplugging them and plugging them back in.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headphones wont work after unplugging them and plugging them back in.: I've had this problem for about a month now and I cant find a fix for it. When ever i plug them in after startup a message will appear asking what I plugged in but if I unplug them after that they just wont work. Most fixes I've seen says to go to the control...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. usb wifi only works after its unplugged and plugged in again?