Windows 10: USB Mouse is not detected on device manager

Discus and support USB Mouse is not detected on device manager in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I just repaired my Laptoo by resetting I am now starting grom the start but when I'm going to use my mouse it won't work. I thought os was because... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KhinWales, Jul 3, 2019.

1. KhinWales Win User

USB Mouse is not detected on device manager

So I just repaired my Laptoo by resetting I am now starting grom the start but when I'm going to use my mouse it won't work. I thought os was because of the mouse itself is broken but no, it wasn't. I've tried some methods but when I'm going to check in the device manager it only shows the touchpad not the mouse. I'm feeling that the problem is the computer it self won't detect my mouse even it is new. How to fix this kind of problem?

:)

KhinWales, Jul 3, 2019

2. Sculpt USB mouse and keyboard do not work, USB receiver not detected in Device Manager

I own a Microsoft Sculpt Comfort wireless keyboard and mouse. It has worked fine up until now, but for some reason the USB receiver does not seem to be detected anymore. The computer doesn't respond to input from the mouse or keyboard, and the receiver doesn't
    even appear in the Device Manager list.

I've already tried:

- Changing which hub the USB is plugged into

- Running the hardware troubleshooter (the troubleshooter could not find any issues)

- Restarting my computer

- Running DISM and sfc /scannow

I cannot try:

- Plugging the USB into another computer, as I do not have access to one

- Updating drivers, since the USB device doesn't even appear in Device Manager

Is there any hope of recovering the receiver, or is it most likely just broken? And if it is, is it possible to order a new receiver instead of an entirely new mouse and keyboard?

Andrew Irwin, Jul 3, 2019
  3. Device Manager Un-Hiding Hidden Devices

When you connect a plug and play device, Windows Plug and Play manager detects it, finds and installs the driver. Device Manager lists the device with a solid icon.

The driver is only removed when you uninstall the device, not simply by disconnecting the device. When the device is disconnected, its driver is still installed. By default, Device Manager only displays connected devices. When you show hidden devices, note the Bluetooth icon you see is semi-transparent (not opaque). That indicates a "non-present" device. Sometimes also called a "ghost" device. The driver is still installed but the device is not currently detected (i.e. not connected).

Device can be disconnected when
    • Device unplugged (e.g. removing a USB device)
    • Turning a device OFF
    • Disabling the device in BIOS (then windows won't detect it) or
    • Device failure

So
    • Check BIOS as suggested
    • Check board connections
    • Can b/t be turned off by a switch? or keyboard combination?
    Also possible the b/t h/w failed

ComputerGeek, Jul 3, 2019
  4. USB Mouse is not detected on device manager

USB devices have yellow marker in device manager under 'Other devices'

Hi Roger,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

• What is the make and model of your devices?

I suggest you to perform the following troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

I suggest you to run hardware and devices troubleshooter and check.

• Press the Windows + X,
      and click on Search.

• Type troubleshooting and select
      Troubleshooting

• Click on Hardware and Sound and select
      Hardware and Devices

• Click on Next to run the troubleshooter

Method 2: Update USB Controllers.

To update the USB Controllers from Device Manager follow these steps.

• Go to Device manager in control panel.

• Select Device manager and a Device Manager window will pop-up.

• Double Click on USB Controllers to expand.

• Right click on the USB Controllers that is listed and select Update.

I hope the information helps. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Aswin_Anand, Jul 3, 2019
Thema:

USB Mouse is not detected on device manager

1. USB Mouse is not detected on device manager - Similar Threads - USB Mouse detected

2. Wireless Mouse is detected in device manager but not functioning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless Mouse is detected in device manager but not functioning: Approximately 2-3 weeks ago, my wireless mouse stopped responding. I thought it was a battery issue, so two days ago I replaced the batteries - the mouse still did not function. Today, I bought a new wireless mouse, and it is still not working. For context:This problem...
  3. Wireless Mouse is detected in device manager but not functioning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless Mouse is detected in device manager but not functioning: Approximately 2-3 weeks ago, my wireless mouse stopped responding. I thought it was a battery issue, so two days ago I replaced the batteries - the mouse still did not function. Today, I bought a new wireless mouse, and it is still not working. For context:This problem...
  4. usb port not detecting mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    usb port not detecting mouse: windows stopped detecting my mouse . When i connect my mouse then the light glows in the mouse and stops after some time ,first it stopped detecting on one port then after some days other ports also stopped working ,while everything else works fine on the usb port , my mouse...
  5. USB cooler not detected by laptop and Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB cooler not detected by laptop and Device Manager: Previously, I had to just reconnect the usb cable and it would work fine. However this time, I have tried all kinds of methods including updating and uninstalling drivers to Command Prompts solutions but it was to no avail. The cooler works when connected to other devices....
  6. USB cooler not detected by laptop and Device Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB cooler not detected by laptop and Device Manager: Previously, I had to just reconnect the usb cable and it would work fine. However this time, I have tried all kinds of methods including updating and uninstalling drivers to Command Prompts solutions but it was to no avail. The cooler works when connected to other devices....
  7. USB Not Detected In Disk Manager, Shows As Other Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Not Detected In Disk Manager, Shows As Other Device: Hi, Recently my pc has stopped detecting USB drives from the USB 3.0 and 2.0 ports. I have tried multiple troubleshooting methods to try and get the USBs detected.Have tried updating drivers, uninstalling and then scanning for hardware changes. Restating pc after...
  8. USB device not detected

USB device not detected: I'm trying to use a logitech c920 webcam. Each time i plug it into a USB port, it either says "device not detected" or it will work for maybe 10 seconds and then shut off. I have Logitech G HUB installed. Anyone know how to fix this problem?...
  9. Sculpt USB mouse and keyboard do not work, USB receiver not detected in Device Manager

Sculpt USB mouse and keyboard do not work, USB receiver not detected in Device Manager: I own a Microsoft Sculpt Comfort wireless keyboard and mouse. It has worked fine up until now, but for some reason the USB receiver does not seem to be detected anymore. The computer doesn't respond to input from the mouse or keyboard, and the receiver doesn't even appear in...
  10. Mouse detected as USB Input Device

Mouse detected as USB Input Device: My wired optical mouse is detected first as unknown device and later gets detected as USB Input Device; I have a TOSHIBA Sattelite S40Dt-A with an upgraded Windows from 8 to 10. Any help?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kb or mouse not in device manager

2. usb mouse not showing up in device manager

3. device manager not showing usb mouse

4. usb device not detected recognized,
  5. usb mouse is not in the device manager,
  6. device manager is not detecting my mouse