Windows 10: USB mouse is not working

Discus and support USB mouse is not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; It is a new mouse and I am trying to make it work. I plugged it in the USB. My laptop is HP. Help me with this problem, please.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FrancieRethman, Jul 3, 2020.

1. USB mouse is not working

It is a new mouse and I am trying to make it work. I plugged it in the USB. My laptop is HP. Help me with this problem, please.

:)

FrancieRethman, Jul 3, 2020

2. Windows 10 usb keyboard and mouse not working

Hi,

To assist you better, answer the below question.

I would like to know if you are getting any message when you connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse?

I suggest you to connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different USB port and check if it works.

Also, plug your USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different system and check if it works.

I suggest you try below method and check if it helps

Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your mouse.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, Jul 3, 2020
  3. mouse is not working right

unfortunately there isn't a lot to a usb mouse. what i would suggest is checking the power management settings on it.

Right-click the start menu and choose device manager
    Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers at the very bottom
    Double-click on each HUB you have listed, click Power Management Tab at the top, and UNCHECK "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power"
    You may have HUBs called Generic and Root Hub. Perform the step above on All of them.

If you continue to have the issue, i would imagine your mouse is malfunctioning. Perhaps try another mouse just to be sure. This will help you determine if it is in fact the mouse of computer causing the issue.

Good Luck!!

samsonbiatch, Jul 3, 2020
  4. USB mouse is not working

USB mouse stopped working

Why has my usb mouse stopped working now that I have downloaded the latest update for windows 10? It is driving me insane. It works in chrome and when I move the list of emails received, but will not work inside the emails. I have tried all the suggestions
    going (including uninstall, etc) but still it will not work.

PamHankins, Jul 3, 2020
Thema:

USB mouse is not working

1. USB mouse is not working - Similar Threads - USB mouse working

2. Usb wireless mouse not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Usb wireless mouse not working: Hello,For the last few days I have been having trouble with my USB wireless mouse when using my pc with a second screen.Once an application is open I can use my mouse to access some of the apps functions but cannot close it. The mouse also cannot be used on the...
  3. Usb wireless mouse not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Usb wireless mouse not working: Hello,For the last few days I have been having trouble with my USB wireless mouse when using my pc with a second screen.Once an application is open I can use my mouse to access some of the apps functions but cannot close it. The mouse also cannot be used on the...
  4. Problem with USB mouses not working

Problem with USB mouses not working: Associated keyboards function properly. I have taken all actions suggested to troubleshoot problem to no avail. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-usb-mouses-not-working/0b8fc3b8-8574-47b5-a9e0-693844adbd7c
  5. USB mouse not working

USB mouse not working: My mouse is not working correctly. When I move it over the screen it seems to time out and gives a trumpet sounds. Then I have to wait about five seconds and it will move again. But then continue to "time out". How can I fix this?...
  6. USB Mouse Not Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    USB Mouse Not Working: I have been using a USB Mouse on my laptop that has been working for approximately 3 months. All of a sudden it stopped working. It won't even show up as an error. It is just completely not recognized. I tried my USB mouse on other computers and it worked. I also tried other...
  7. USB mouse works intermittently

USB mouse works intermittently: My usb mouse only works intermittently (disappears and reappears. When I go to device manager and highlight the mouse, the device manager list of devices goes through a cycle of reappearing and disappearing. How can I get the mouse to work without interruption? I have...
  8. USB Mouse Not Working

USB Mouse Not Working: I have a USB Mouse that is made by DELL manufacturing that will not respond in any way, via clicking or moving, not even scrolling. Thing is, is the light on the bottom lights up as if nothing wrong with it. I'm using an HP laptop....
  9. USB Mouse and keyboard not working

USB Mouse and keyboard not working: What happened was that I was updating drivers and on one of the larger ones I was prompted to restart now or restart later, as I had other drivers yet to install I chose to restart later. At that point my USB mouse and keyboard stopped working. Through research online i...
  10. USB MOUSE NOT WORKING

USB MOUSE NOT WORKING: Aby ideas will be appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/usb-mouse-not-working/e7c313b9-7deb-43e2-b6a2-0294194d32e0