Windows 10: usb mouse + keyboard issue

Discus and support usb mouse + keyboard issue in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, Why is W10 only able to regocnize my mouse and keyboard after unplugging and replugging the USB cable? My Intel PC BIOS and multibootselector... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by josvaessen, Jan 14, 2021.

1. usb mouse + keyboard issue

Hello,

Why is W10 only able to regocnize my mouse and keyboard after unplugging and replugging the USB cable?

My Intel PC BIOS and multibootselector do work. All other Windows and Linux versions do work. Booting apps from DVD and USB do work.

Only W10 does not. Only after physical re-entry of the USB plug in any and even the same USB now W10 starts looking for what is happening and only than recognizes the mouse + keyboard. All the time I am running W10 it supports all my actions as it should. But on the next startup W10 does not see the already mounted USB mouse and keyboard and I cannot the login to enter user nor password.

So why is W10 not able to recognize the USB mouse and keyboard from start on?

Hope you have a solution as on your website I see 50 pages of lookalike problems. And as written above: why all other DOS and Windows and Linux versions I ran from 1980 do not have this problem?

:)

josvaessen, Jan 14, 2021

2. keyboard and optical mouse usb

Hi,

To assist you better, answer the below question.

• Are you getting any message when you connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse?

I suggest you to connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different USB port and check if it works.

Also, plug your USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different system and check if it works.

I suggest you try below method and check if it helps.

Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your mouse.

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

I suggest you to refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Troubleshooting: Keyboards and check if it helps.

https://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/help/support/troubleshooting/keyboard/common-issues

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Jan 14, 2021
  3. Windows 10 usb keyboard and mouse not working

Hi,

To assist you better, answer the below question.

I would like to know if you are getting any message when you connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse?

I suggest you to connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different USB port and check if it works.

Also, plug your USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different system and check if it works.

I suggest you try below method and check if it helps

Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your mouse.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, Jan 14, 2021
  4. Ryan Pag Win User

usb mouse + keyboard issue

Microsoft ARC touch mouse USB dongle is recognized as ARC keyboard on windows 10.

Hi,

To further isolate the issue with your touch mouse being recognized as keyboard, we'd like to know more information:

• Is it one USB dongle for the mouse and keyboard?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer prior to this issue?

We suggest checking the article below to help you resolve the issue.

Update a driver for hardware that isn't working properly

Thank you.

Ryan Pag, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

usb mouse + keyboard issue

1. usb mouse + keyboard issue - Similar Threads - usb mouse keyboard

2. Issue with usb devices such as mouse and keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with usb devices such as mouse and keyboard: I am not sure when this happened or what was the cause, however I have recently found out that in order to use some usb devices such as my mouse and keyboard, I would have to restart my computer. Upon start up, the devices can be used however after unplugging my mouse and...
  3. Issue with usb devices such as mouse and keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with usb devices such as mouse and keyboard: I am not sure when this happened or what was the cause, however I have recently found out that in order to use some usb devices such as my mouse and keyboard, I would have to restart my computer. Upon start up, the devices can be used however after unplugging my mouse and...
  4. Issue with usb devices such as mouse and keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Possible Windows or USB input issue with mouse and keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Possible Windows or USB input issue with mouse and keyboard: I have been having computer issues with games made by one company, paradox interactive. In hearts of iron 4, I have had an issue where sometimes my computer will have strange behavior in my mouse and keyboard. The issue appears most often when I am at war and I am manually...
  6. Possible Windows or USB input issue with mouse and keyboard

Possible Windows or USB input issue with mouse and keyboard: I have been having computer issues with games made by one company, paradox interactive. In hearts of iron 4, I have had an issue where sometimes my computer will have strange behavior in my mouse and keyboard. The issue appears most often when I am at war and I am manually...
  7. USB-C Dock Intermittent USB Mouse and Keyboard Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB-C Dock Intermittent USB Mouse and Keyboard Issues: Hello,I'm having a weird issue that I'm hoping someone else has seen before. I have 2 different USB-C docking stations with 2 monitors, a mouse, and keyboard plugged into them. Randomly, the mouse and keyboard will stop working for a very short time and then start working...
  8. USB-C Dock Intermittent USB Mouse and Keyboard Issues

USB-C Dock Intermittent USB Mouse and Keyboard Issues: Hello,I'm having a weird issue that I'm hoping someone else has seen before. I have 2 different USB-C docking stations with 2 monitors, a mouse, and keyboard plugged into them. Randomly, the mouse and keyboard will stop working for a very short time and then start working...
  9. USB-C Dock Intermittent USB Mouse and Keyboard Issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. KEYBOARD AND MOUSE ISSUE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    KEYBOARD AND MOUSE ISSUE: KEYBOARD ISSUE: CAPSLOCK FUNCTON IS REVERSD I AM NOT ABLE TO TYPE THE LOWER CASE SYMBOLES OF : " } { ? > < AND EVEN THE NUMBERS FROM ZERO ONE AND SO ON UP TO NINE INSTED I END UP HAVING ! @ # $ % ^ & * THESE WHICH ARE UPPER CASE OF THE NUMBERS AND ALSO IF I TRY TO USE LEFT...