Windows 10: USB mouse not connecting to Laptop, even when plugged into the port (Windows 10)

Discus and support USB mouse not connecting to Laptop, even when plugged into the port (Windows 10) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I have a Lenovo Edge 15 that I have been using for work and school. Recently, one of my computer mouses stopped working on my laptop, and changing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ramsejos, Dec 5, 2019.

1. ramsejos Win User

USB mouse not connecting to Laptop, even when plugged into the port (Windows 10)

So I have a Lenovo Edge 15 that I have been using for work and school.

Recently, one of my computer mouses stopped working on my laptop, and changing what USB port it was connected to did nothing. Thinking that the mouse was broken, I bought a new one and tried to use it, only to find that it would not connect through any of the 3 laptop USB ports either. I looked on the Microsoft help pages, but I was only able to find responses to older version of Microsoft or other updates to Windows 10 over a year ago.

I tried scanning the mouse on all of the USB ports using the device manager on the control panel, but it wouldn't show any hardware changes. The only setting I could find relating to the USB ports was for notifications about USB port errors (which I haven't received any).

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

ramsejos, Dec 5, 2019

2. Wireless Mouse stops working when external HDD plugged in to USB3 port

I have a minor but annoying problem and can't find a solution....

My wireless mouse stops working when an external USB3 HDD is plugged in to USB3 port. The mouse is about 3 feet away from the receiver.

My mouse is a Logitech M310.

• I don't have the problem if a USB 2 external HDD is connected to either a USB2 or USB3 port.
    • I have moved the mouse receiver to different ports on both the front and back of the computer but this doesn't change anything.
    • If I move the mouse very close to the receiver (a couple of inches), it works so it seems that the wireless range is reduced when the USB3 HDD is plugged in.
    • If I connect a wired mouse, it works fine.
    • I have 2 USB3 ports and the problem is the same on both.
    • If the USB3 HDD is connected to a USB2 port, the mouse works normally.
    • I changed the battery in the mouse but this didn't help.
    • the USB3 HDD is a WD Passport that is self powered through the USB port.

Any suggestions?

dsscottage, Dec 5, 2019
  3. Windows 10 usb keyboard and mouse not working

Hi,

To assist you better, answer the below question.

I would like to know if you are getting any message when you connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse?

I suggest you to connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different USB port and check if it works.

Also, plug your USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different system and check if it works.

I suggest you try below method and check if it helps

Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your mouse.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, Dec 5, 2019
  4. flamer Win User

USB mouse not connecting to Laptop, even when plugged into the port (Windows 10)

No USB ports working on toshiba laptop

Hi guys,

Got an old Toshiba laptop, satellite l500d pslk0a-00r009
    Its old and doesn't officially support win10. However I have it installed and everything works fine except USB. All the ports seem completely dead, plugging in a USB mouse I get no light on the mouse. USB flash drives don't work either. This was previously working under win7.

The issue seems to be I don't have "Generic USB hub" in device manager. Have tried to manually install it using add legacy hardware but it wont take. I have several USB root hub and others listed, but not the generic hub.

Here's what I have tried so far:

Uninstall all USB device in device managers and reboot
    Confirmed BIOS is latest version
    tried both legacy and compatibly USB mode in BIOS
    Download and install generic win10 USB drivers
    Disable USB power saving mode
    Installed toshiba's service center, no updates available
    Ran MS troubleshooter/fixit

I think the next step is to give up, but does anyone else have any suggestions?

thanks

flamer, Dec 5, 2019
Thema:

1. USB mouse not connecting to Laptop, even when plugged into the port (Windows 10) - Similar Threads - USB mouse connecting

2. Mouse not working - Doesn't respond to clicks when plugged into USB port Read for Context

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse not working - Doesn't respond to clicks when plugged into USB port Read for Context: Hello. Title pretty much explains my problem. This is an issue I've had for three days so far. And it happened very spontaneously, too. I was working with my editor software that I use to edit audio. I was doing my work as usual until my mouse stopped reacting to my task...
  3. Mouse not working - Doesn't respond to clicks when plugged into USB port Read for Context

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse not working - Doesn't respond to clicks when plugged into USB port Read for Context: Hello. Title pretty much explains my problem. This is an issue I've had for three days so far. And it happened very spontaneously, too. I was working with my editor software that I use to edit audio. I was doing my work as usual until my mouse stopped reacting to my task...
  4. USB-C ports don't work when devices are plugged in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB-C ports don't work when devices are plugged in: I recently updated my computer and ever since then, any USB device no longer works with my laptop. It isn't the port as I'm still able to charge through USB-C and it isn't the devices as they work on other laptops. I've tried uninstalling USB Serial Bus Controllers, changing...
  5. USB-C ports don't work when devices are plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB-C ports don't work when devices are plugged in: I recently updated my computer and ever since then, any USB device no longer works with my laptop. It isn't the port as I'm still able to charge through USB-C and it isn't the devices as they work on other laptops. I've tried uninstalling USB Serial Bus Controllers, changing...
  6. Laptop battery will not charge even when plugged in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop battery will not charge even when plugged in: I have a Lenovo laptop iPad five series 14 ARD05 81YM model. A couple nights ago I was using my laptop while it was plugged into the charger and suddenly it said the battery was going dead. Even though it was plugged in. I was in a mad panic because it was draining the...
  7. it says my laptop's clickpad is connected to my usb port even when its not, making my mouse...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    it says my laptop's clickpad is connected to my usb port even when its not, making my mouse...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/runby42 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jzjudp/it_says_my_laptops_clickpad_is_connected_to_my/
  8. My Laptop thinks theres a mouse plugged in even when unplugged

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Laptop thinks theres a mouse plugged in even when unplugged: The mouse I am using is a Logitech g502. In the device manager, it says there are 3 mice 1 mouse is the USB mice that plugged in and another mouse is my touchpad the other mice is a "virtual mice" and its location is G hub software of the g502. I use a feature called disable...
  9. USB mouse not doing anything when plugged in

USB mouse not doing anything when plugged in: I have a USB mouse, a Sentey Nebulus GS-3511 that has worked almost perfectly for years, save for occasionally needing to unplug it and re-plug it in sometimes. Right now it is behaving as though it isn't plugged in at all... As near as I can tell, there is no sign that the...
  10. USB Port not recognizing USB Mouse

USB Port not recognizing USB Mouse: Hello, I have a Lenovo Ideapad500 14ISK running windows 10. From a few days my usb ports are not recognizing my usb mouse and does not even detect my usb fflash drive. If I plug in my phone it is just charging the phone from usb but there is no detection of any kind. I...