Windows 10: USB mouse not doing anything when plugged in

Discus and support USB mouse not doing anything when plugged in in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a USB mouse, a Sentey Nebulus GS-3511 that has worked almost perfectly for years, save for occasionally needing to unplug it and re-plug it in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DanielEarly, Nov 3, 2019.

1. USB mouse not doing anything when plugged in

I have a USB mouse, a Sentey Nebulus GS-3511 that has worked almost perfectly for years, save for occasionally needing to unplug it and re-plug it in sometimes. Right now it is behaving as though it isn't plugged in at all... As near as I can tell, there is no sign that the computer (a lenovo thinkpad laptop, T520) is detecting it at all. It doesn't work in any USB ports, all my other USB devices are working just fine, and there does not appear to be any damage to the mouse cable or plug. I've tried restarting multiple times, tried checking for driver updates (on windows, the mouse doesn't have any drivers specific to it), tried stopping and restarting the usb ports in the device manager, I've even tried fiddling with the cable to see if there's any damage I didn't see.

It's worth noting that I had just been using my laptop with this mouse just fine only hours before, and I haven't installed any new software recently.

:)

DanielEarly, Nov 3, 2019
  2. prescient Win User

mouse plug

hi is it better to use the mouse on plug or on usb?
    i think on the plug the browser was faster , but not sure

prescient, Nov 3, 2019
  3. Windows 10 usb keyboard and mouse not working

Hi,

To assist you better, answer the below question.

I would like to know if you are getting any message when you connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse?

I suggest you to connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different USB port and check if it works.

Also, plug your USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different system and check if it works.

I suggest you try below method and check if it helps

Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your mouse.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, Nov 3, 2019
  4. USB mouse not doing anything when plugged in

Wireless Mouse stops working when external HDD plugged in to USB3 port

I have a minor but annoying problem and can't find a solution....

My wireless mouse stops working when an external USB3 HDD is plugged in to USB3 port. The mouse is about 3 feet away from the receiver.

My mouse is a Logitech M310.

• I don't have the problem if a USB 2 external HDD is connected to either a USB2 or USB3 port.
    • I have moved the mouse receiver to different ports on both the front and back of the computer but this doesn't change anything.
    • If I move the mouse very close to the receiver (a couple of inches), it works so it seems that the wireless range is reduced when the USB3 HDD is plugged in.
    • If I connect a wired mouse, it works fine.
    • I have 2 USB3 ports and the problem is the same on both.
    • If the USB3 HDD is connected to a USB2 port, the mouse works normally.
    • I changed the battery in the mouse but this didn't help.
    • the USB3 HDD is a WD Passport that is self powered through the USB port.

Any suggestions?

dsscottage, Nov 3, 2019
Thema:

USB mouse not doing anything when plugged in

1. USB mouse not doing anything when plugged in - Similar Threads - USB mouse doing

2. When plugging in my mouse problem.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When plugging in my mouse problem.: When I plug my mouse or clicking something with my mouse, it breaks taskbar and programs doesn't let me click them even when i do left click ,even my touchpad cant do anything, How can i fix this??...
  3. PC dies when I plug in mouse usb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC dies when I plug in mouse usb: My PC screen goes black and exits out to the login pageWin-L page when I plug in any sort of mouse usb receiver or wired mousei tried 5 different mouse and all the avaliable usb ports on my pc but they all didnt work. Weird thing is the mouse works fine in the blue Windows...
  4. PC dies when I plug in mouse usb

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC dies when I plug in mouse usb: My PC screen goes black and exits out to the login pageWin-L page when I plug in any sort of mouse usb receiver or wired mousei tried 5 different mouse and all the avaliable usb ports on my pc but they all didnt work. Weird thing is the mouse works fine in the blue Windows...
  5. PC dies when I plug in mouse usb

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Windows Keyboard and mouse stuttering when plugged into USB hub

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Keyboard and mouse stuttering when plugged into USB hub: I have built a computer and installed windows 10 pro. I have connected a USB 3.0 hub to the port which is then connected to mouse and keyboard. When I connect the mouse and the keyboard separately it works fine. I have seen the exact same problem be posted in this forum link...
  7. USB camera doesn't do anything when plugged

USB camera doesn't do anything when plugged: I bought a USB camera for online classes Krom Kam its the model and it should auto install when plugged in but nothing happens. I tried on my sister's laptop and instantly worked but on my desktop for some reason doesn't work and I know that my USB ports are working so the...
  8. Mouse and Keyboard not working when plugged in together in the usb docking station.

Mouse and Keyboard not working when plugged in together in the usb docking station.: I am using 4 port usb docking station as only 1 usb port on my laptop is functional. Although when plugged in separately, both usb mouse and keyboard work properly but when plugged in together, the mouse stops working. However, the light in the mouse is on indicating that it...
  9. USB mouse stops working when you plug in a USB thumb drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    USB mouse stops working when you plug in a USB thumb drive: Hi all, so I have WIndows 10Pro. I have an Anker USB 4 port hub. I am using a Microfot Wireless Keyboard and Mouse 5000. When I plug in a USB thumb drive into the USB port, my mouse and keyboard stop responding. As soon as I unplug the USB drive, everything comes back to...
  10. USB mouse stops working when USB flash drive is plugged in.

USB mouse stops working when USB flash drive is plugged in.: Hello. I have a problem with my USB 3.0 ports on 2 of my PCs. Problem description: Windows 10 Pro, genuine, with latest updates, latest drivers original, not driverpack or other s*** and BIOS. System is on WD NVMe SSD on one PC and Samsung sata SSD on the other one....