Windows 10: USB mouse stops working when USB flash drive is plugged in.

Discus and support USB mouse stops working when USB flash drive is plugged in. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello. I have a problem with my USB 3.0 ports on 2 of my PCs. Problem description: Windows 10 Pro, genuine, with latest updates, latest drivers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ForgettableLegend560, Jan 4, 2020.

1. USB mouse stops working when USB flash drive is plugged in.

Hello. I have a problem with my USB 3.0 ports on 2 of my PCs.

Problem description:

Windows 10 Pro, genuine, with latest updates, latest drivers original, not driverpack or other s*** and BIOS.

System is on WD NVMe SSD on one PC and Samsung sata SSD on the other one.

System is clean from viruses, no third party antivirus is running on the background though I run third party antivirus in standalone mode, real time protection is done by windows defender.

Lets say we have 2 USB3.0 ports.

One of them is occupied by Logitech wireless USB mouse unifying receiver. Receiver connection is USB2.

I plug USB3.0 flash drive ADATA Pro S102, 32GB. The exact same moment when USB flash drive is plugged in, mouse stops responding.

The strangest part is mouse does not disappear prom device manager, and USB flash drive is working properly. To make mouse working again I have to either unplug USB flash drive mouse starts to work immediately, or unplug and reconnect my mouse, in this case windows plays device connected sound, and again, mouse starts working.

If I plug 2 usb3 flash drives to these ports, either of them is working perfectly.

This problem exists on 2 of my PCs, one is laptop, other is tower PC, checked either ports on the back and on the front I have USB3 on the front panel. The only way everything works OK is when on my tower PC mouse is plugged to the back panel to USB2.0 port, and flash drive is plugged to USB3 port. But I can not use this on my laptop.

What have I tried:

Disable USB selective suspend in power options;

Tried another USB3 ports;

Tried another mouse USB receiver;

Restart, reset windows, clean reinstall windows, reset BIOS;

Uninstall manufacturer drivers and let Windows install its universal drivers {this solves the problem with mouse, but adds unacceptable for me behaviour: When copying large files >20GB to fast large USB3 flash drive or external SSD, after about 10GB copying stops, and task manager shows USB disk active time stuck at 100% for 2 minutes, then works again 20 seconds, then again 100% for 2 minutes, and total average write speed is falling below 10 MB/sec. The only solution to this is installing USB drivers from Intel, and transfer speeds are back to normal for my external SSD speeds of 400-500MB/sec.}

Where should I look next?

Thank you.

:)

ForgettableLegend560, Jan 4, 2020

2. Keyboard and mouse stop working when I plug in a USB flash drive.

Today I bought a 32GB flash drive and when I plug it in my mouse loses power and my keyboard wont accept input (lights are still on)

Ive tried it on several computers and they all work fine. I changed out the keyboard and mouse and now the mouse still works while the keyboard barely works and will type numbers on its own and only type some of the keys I am pressing.

I let it sit overnight and now it is working fine but the issue starts again whenever I plug in a flash drive. Other USB devices dont have any issues at all. And it doesnt matter what port I plug into the issue persists.

ChristianOrozco, Jan 4, 2020
  3. USB mouse stopped working

Why has my usb mouse stopped working now that I have downloaded the latest update for windows 10? It is driving me insane. It works in chrome and when I move the list of emails received, but will not work inside the emails. I have tried all the suggestions
    going (including uninstall, etc) but still it will not work.

PamHankins, Jan 4, 2020
  4. USB mouse stops working when USB flash drive is plugged in.

Sometime Usb Mouse Stop Working when i plug my phone with usb Cable !

my desktop have windows 10 2016 ltsb version.
    i have a usb mouse and it is plug n play and manufacturer doesn't have any driver for it.
    whenever i plug my android phone with usb ,, sometime mouse stop working but light is on in mouse.changing port doesn't help and i've to restart my pc and only then my mouse work.this doesn't happen all the time when i plug my phone but it happen sometime. this pc is in a shop so i've to plug many phones so problem is big for me. and i also have seen this problem with usb printer.

pls suggest me how can i solve this problem...
    thank you very much....

LoverOfLove, Jan 4, 2020
Thema:

USB mouse stops working when USB flash drive is plugged in.

1. USB mouse stops working when USB flash drive is plugged in. - Similar Threads - USB mouse stops

2. USB Flash Drive not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Flash Drive not working: Hi I recently bought a new pen drive and moved my stuff to it. After I used it multiple times, a message pop ups and said my pen drive has a issue and it needed to be scanned and fixed. So i click it and give the command to repair it. But for long time it is still like that...
  3. USB Flash Drive not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Flash Drive not working: Hi I recently bought a new pen drive and moved my stuff to it. After I used it multiple times, a message pop ups and said my pen drive has a issue and it needed to be scanned and fixed. So i click it and give the command to repair it. But for long time it is still like that...
  4. Keyboard and mouse stop working when a USB Flash Drive is connected

in Windows 10 News
    Keyboard and mouse stop working when a USB Flash Drive is connected: [ATTACH]In this post, we will describe possible solutions for the problem in which the keyboard and mouse stop working when a USB Flash Drive is connected. According to the feedback of affected users, their USB devices like keyboards, mice, etc., work fine until they connect...
  5. mouse stop working when usb drive plugged into to my windows 10 notebook

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mouse stop working when usb drive plugged into to my windows 10 notebook: My wireless mouse stop working when usb drive plugged into to my windows 10 notebook.This question is listed as having been asked before but no resolution.I have checked for latest updates...
  6. USB flash drives not working

USB flash drives not working: Hi there, I purchased a custom build PC (new with Windows 10 Pro), however USB storage devices dont appear to be working. However, other USB devices such as keyboards, mouses and headsets etc. seem to work fine. It just appears to be storage devices... I have tried device...
  7. USB mouse stops working when you plug in a USB thumb drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    USB mouse stops working when you plug in a USB thumb drive: Hi all, so I have WIndows 10Pro. I have an Anker USB 4 port hub. I am using a Microfot Wireless Keyboard and Mouse 5000. When I plug in a USB thumb drive into the USB port, my mouse and keyboard stop responding. As soon as I unplug the USB drive, everything comes back to...
  8. USB flash drive not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB flash drive not working: I recently got a windows 10 PC, but it tells me I need to change the password. I don’t know the old password, so I pressed ‘password reset disk’ and it tells me I need a USB flash drive, I insert one into the PC, and it still says I need to insert one. I waited for a while...
  9. Keyboard and mouse stop working when I plug in a USB flash drive.

Keyboard and mouse stop working when I plug in a USB flash drive.: Today I bought a 32GB flash drive and when I plug it in my mouse loses power and my keyboard wont accept input (lights are still on) Ive tried it on several computers and they all work fine. I changed out the keyboard and mouse and now the mouse still works while the...
  10. Sometime Usb Mouse Stop Working when i plug my phone with usb Cable !

Sometime Usb Mouse Stop Working when i plug my phone with usb Cable !: my desktop have windows 10 2016 ltsb version. i have a usb mouse and it is plug n play and manufacturer doesn't have any driver for it. whenever i plug my android phone with usb ,, sometime mouse stop working but light is on in mouse.changing port doesn't help and i've to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. usb stops working when plug in usb jump drive

2. mouse works in usb but not flash drive

3. usb mouse stops working when another usb plugged in

4. plugging in usb hdd stops mouse working,
  5. when i insert fLash drive the mouse quits working,
  6. does my mouse stop when i plug in a usb,
  7. mouse stops working when I plug in usb drive,
  8. why will my mouse not work when my usb drive is plugged in