Windows 10: USB mouse stops working when you plug in a USB thumb drive

Discus and support USB mouse stops working when you plug in a USB thumb drive in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, so I have WIndows 10Pro. I have an Anker USB 4 port hub. I am using a Microfot Wireless Keyboard and Mouse 5000. When I plug in a USB thumb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Fern Turpin fern, Mar 8, 2020.

1. USB mouse stops working when you plug in a USB thumb drive

Hi all, so I have WIndows 10Pro. I have an Anker USB 4 port hub.

I am using a Microfot Wireless Keyboard and Mouse 5000.

When I plug in a USB thumb drive into the USB port, my mouse and keyboard stop responding. As soon as I unplug the USB drive, everything comes back to normal. But if I plug the USB drive into the PC directly, the mouse and keyboard work fine.

If I plug the Wireless receiver into the PC it works a LITTLE better, the keyboard does not respond at the same speed as it normally does and misses letters when I type fast.

:)

Fern Turpin fern, Mar 8, 2020

2. USB mouse stopped working

Why has my usb mouse stopped working now that I have downloaded the latest update for windows 10? It is driving me insane. It works in chrome and when I move the list of emails received, but will not work inside the emails. I have tried all the suggestions
    going (including uninstall, etc) but still it will not work.

PamHankins, Mar 8, 2020
  3. USB mouse stops working when USB flash drive is plugged in.

Hello. I have a problem with my USB 3.0 ports on 2 of my PCs.

Problem description:

Windows 10 Pro, genuine, with latest updates, latest drivers (original, not driverpack or other s***) and BIOS.

System is on WD NVMe SSD on one PC and Samsung sata SSD on the other one.

System is clean from viruses, no third party antivirus is running on the background though (I run third party antivirus in standalone mode, real time protection is done by windows defender).

Lets say we have 2 USB3.0 ports.

One of them is occupied by Logitech wireless USB mouse (unifying receiver). Receiver connection is USB2.

I plug USB3.0 flash drive (ADATA Pro S102, 32GB). The exact same moment when USB flash drive is plugged in, mouse stops responding.

The strangest part is mouse does not disappear prom device manager, and USB flash drive is working properly. To make mouse working again I have to either unplug USB flash drive (mouse starts to work immediately), or unplug and reconnect my mouse, in this
    case windows plays device connected sound, and again, mouse starts working.

If I plug 2 usb3 flash drives to these ports, either of them is working perfectly.

This problem exists on 2 of my PCs, one is laptop, other is tower PC, checked either ports on the back and on the front (I have USB3 on the front panel). The only way everything works OK is when on my tower PC mouse is plugged to the back panel to USB2.0
    port, and flash drive is plugged to USB3 port. But I can not use this on my laptop.

What have I tried:

Disable USB selective suspend in power options;

Tried another USB3 ports;

Tried another mouse USB receiver;

Restart, reset windows, clean reinstall windows, reset BIOS;

Uninstall manufacturer drivers and let Windows install its universal drivers {this solves the problem with mouse, but adds unacceptable for me behaviour: When copying large files (>20GB) to fast large USB3 flash drive or external SSD, after about 10GB copying
    stops, and task manager shows USB disk active time stuck at 100% for 2 minutes, then works again 20 seconds, then again 100% for 2 minutes, and total average write speed is falling below 10 MB/sec. The only solution to this is installing USB drivers from Intel,
    and transfer speeds are back to normal for my external SSD speeds of 400-500MB/sec.}

Where should I look next?

Thank you.

ForgettableLegend560, Mar 8, 2020
  4. USB mouse stops working when you plug in a USB thumb drive

mouse does not work right when i plug in a 3.0 thumb drive works fine with 2.0 thumb drive

I am using Win10 latest's updates. Usb 2.0 works fine however when I plug in a 3.0 thumb drive mouse is very erratic. Even freezes then starts up again.

DOYLEEVANS, Mar 8, 2020
Thema:

USB mouse stops working when you plug in a USB thumb drive

1. USB mouse stops working when you plug in a USB thumb drive - Similar Threads - USB mouse stops

2. Usb Thumb Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Usb Thumb Drive: Earlier today my thumb drive was working fine but now when I plug it in to view it it only shows up in files for a few seconds then disappears. In devices it says that it is connected but won't let me view files. I also tried it on a chrome book but would not work. Any ways...
  3. Usb Thumb Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Usb Thumb Drive: Earlier today my thumb drive was working fine but now when I plug it in to view it it only shows up in files for a few seconds then disappears. In devices it says that it is connected but won't let me view files. I also tried it on a chrome book but would not work. Any ways...
  4. Usb Thumb Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Sandisk USB Thumb drive not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sandisk USB Thumb drive not working: Copy of log from Event Viewer:Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date: 1/15/2022 9:00:00 AM Event ID: 430 Task Category: None Level: Information Keywords: User: SYSTEM Computer: DESKTOP-CVMQ4QC Description: Device...
  6. Sandisk USB Thumb drive not working

Sandisk USB Thumb drive not working: Copy of log from Event Viewer:Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date: 1/15/2022 9:00:00 AM Event ID: 430 Task Category: None Level: Information Keywords: User: SYSTEM Computer: DESKTOP-CVMQ4QC Description: Device...
  7. Sandisk USB Thumb drive not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. USB thumb drives

USB thumb drives: Sorry not really a w10 issue but how much actual data should I expect to get from a 32g drive? I just bought one and it is only 28.6 should I return it? I contacted Sandisk and this is what they said; Thank you for contacting SanDisk® Global Customer Support. I understand...
  9. USB mouse stops working when USB flash drive is plugged in.

USB mouse stops working when USB flash drive is plugged in.: Hello. I have a problem with my USB 3.0 ports on 2 of my PCs. Problem description: Windows 10 Pro, genuine, with latest updates, latest drivers original, not driverpack or other s*** and BIOS. System is on WD NVMe SSD on one PC and Samsung sata SSD on the other one....
  10. Keyboard and mouse stop working when I plug in a USB flash drive.

Keyboard and mouse stop working when I plug in a USB flash drive.: Today I bought a 32GB flash drive and when I plug it in my mouse loses power and my keyboard wont accept input (lights are still on) Ive tried it on several computers and they all work fine. I changed out the keyboard and mouse and now the mouse still works while the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mouse freezes when usb flash drive plugged in