Windows 10: USB Mouse will not work after the Windows 10 1909 update

Discus and support USB Mouse will not work after the Windows 10 1909 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Thanks in advance for any help. I am desperate at this point. I cannot get any USB mouse I've tried three to work after the Windows 10 Version 1909... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SchoonerJo, Jun 30, 2020.

1. USB Mouse will not work after the Windows 10 1909 update

Thanks in advance for any help.

I am desperate at this point. I cannot get any USB mouse I've tried three to work after the Windows 10 Version 1909 update. Even resetting my computer and losing all my apps made no difference. Tried a system restore to a point before the update before trying the reset with zero results. I have updated all my drivers, removed and reinstalled everything a gazillion times and still nothing.

:)

SchoonerJo, Jun 30, 2020
  2. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jun 30, 2020
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jun 30, 2020
  4. deving Win User

USB Mouse will not work after the Windows 10 1909 update

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

USB Mouse will not work after the Windows 10 1909 update

1. USB Mouse will not work after the Windows 10 1909 update - Similar Threads - USB Mouse 1909

2. Usb Mouse no longer working after latest Window's Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Usb Mouse no longer working after latest Window's Update: The latest Window's update stopped my usb mouse from working. It was working fine right before the update. I've tried troubleshooting and nothing has fixed the issue. The mouse works on other computers, and I've tried a different mouse so that's not the problem either. Any...
  3. No mouse will work after windows 10 update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No mouse will work after windows 10 update.: Why are windows updates worse than any virus? After an update last night, windows is not showing my displays correctly. Scaling and resolution are off, and all of my apps and toolbar are offscreen. That's dumb, but I can fix it. But wait, nothing happens when I click my...
  4. Logitech M560 USB mouse stopped working after Windows 10 update

Logitech M560 USB mouse stopped working after Windows 10 update: After Win10 doing updates today my mouse has stopped working correctly. Mouse is wireless with a unifying receiver. Mouse has forward and backward side buttons that when in a browser should go back to previous page etc. After update they now go back to the previous...
  5. USB ports stop working after Win 10 1909 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    USB ports stop working after Win 10 1909 update: I have a friend with a fairly old Packard Bell oneTwo M3700 all-in-one machine which had been running Win 10 Home 64 bit 1809 quite happily for many months. Without warning in its wisdom the machine decided to install 1909 - all appeared to go fine with no errors reported and...
  6. USB mouse not working after latest update.

USB mouse not working after latest update.: Usb mouse not working after latest update. Has anyone found an answer yet? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-mouse-not-working-after-latest-update/63430795-c73e-4da2-a5a3-c7a3b06f67fb
  7. USB mouse is not working on windows 10

USB mouse is not working on windows 10: I connected an USB mouse to my windows 10 surface book, but it is not working. It works perfectly in Ubuntu. In windows it kind of works intermittently. When the mouse is connected, a notification comes up saying "the device you connected malfunctioned...". I tried...
  8. Logitech USB mouse stopped working after Windows 10 update

Logitech USB mouse stopped working after Windows 10 update: I've just run a large windows update and my mouse is no longer working at all. I'm currently on Windows 10 Home Version 1903 build 18362.387. My computer is an Acer VX 15 Laptop, and the mouse is a Logitech M510. I've installed all the latest windows updates and restarted...
  9. Mouse in USB port not working after BIOS update

Mouse in USB port not working after BIOS update: Hi! I had a BIOS update on my ASUS laptop and after that my wireless mouse in USB port isn't working any more. The cursor is moving but at pressing the button on the mouse it doesn't to anything. I did remove the battery from the mouse and turned it off an on and it doesn't...
  10. usb mouse not working in windows 10

usb mouse not working in windows 10: hi can anyone help my usb keyboard and mouse drivers suddenly does not want to work, code 39. i have no idea how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/usb-mouse-not-working-in-windows-10/cf724509-7710-4f5a-b975-2ffb197ede4f