Windows 10: USB mouse works intermittently

Discus and support USB mouse works intermittently in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My usb mouse only works intermittently (disappears and reappears. When I go to device manager and highlight the mouse, the device manager list of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Don939, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Don939 Win User

USB mouse works intermittently

My usb mouse only works intermittently (disappears and reappears. When I go to device manager and highlight the mouse, the device manager list of devices goes through a cycle of reappearing and disappearing. How can I get the mouse to work without interruption? I have tried updating and reinstalling the drives. I have also changed the power saver settings so that the usb ports do not shut off.

:)

Don939, Jul 21, 2019

2. Windows 10 usb keyboard and mouse not working

Hi,

To assist you better, answer the below question.

I would like to know if you are getting any message when you connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse?

I suggest you to connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different USB port and check if it works.

Also, plug your USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different system and check if it works.

I suggest you try below method and check if it helps

Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your mouse.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, Jul 21, 2019
  3. mouse is not working right

unfortunately there isn't a lot to a usb mouse. what i would suggest is checking the power management settings on it.

Right-click the start menu and choose device manager
    Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers at the very bottom
    Double-click on each HUB you have listed, click Power Management Tab at the top, and UNCHECK "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power"
    You may have HUBs called Generic and Root Hub. Perform the step above on All of them.

If you continue to have the issue, i would imagine your mouse is malfunctioning. Perhaps try another mouse just to be sure. This will help you determine if it is in fact the mouse of computer causing the issue.

Good Luck!!

samsonbiatch, Jul 21, 2019
  4. KoRnTuNeS Win User

Wireless USB Mouse Not Working

I tried this and not worked. Also I tried this mouse different 4 laptops and it's work perfectly other laptops. Also I tried different 2 mouse on my laptop and they not work on my laptop again.

KoRnTuNeS, Jul 21, 2019
Thema:

1. USB mouse works intermittently - Similar Threads - USB mouse works

2. USB-C Dock Intermittent USB Mouse and Keyboard Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB-C Dock Intermittent USB Mouse and Keyboard Issues: Hello,I'm having a weird issue that I'm hoping someone else has seen before. I have 2 different USB-C docking stations with 2 monitors, a mouse, and keyboard plugged into them. Randomly, the mouse and keyboard will stop working for a very short time and then start working...
  3. USB-C Dock Intermittent USB Mouse and Keyboard Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB-C Dock Intermittent USB Mouse and Keyboard Issues: Hello,I'm having a weird issue that I'm hoping someone else has seen before. I have 2 different USB-C docking stations with 2 monitors, a mouse, and keyboard plugged into them. Randomly, the mouse and keyboard will stop working for a very short time and then start working...
  4. USB-C Dock Intermittent USB Mouse and Keyboard Issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Mouse freezing intermittently when using USB switch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse freezing intermittently when using USB switch: I have a mouse and keyboard connected through a USB 3.0 switch to 2 laptops. One runs Linux, the other runs Windows 10. Both devices are wireless and high performance Logitech G613 and G703On my Linux machine there are no issues. When switching to my Win10 machine, the mouse...
  6. Mouse freezing intermittently when using USB switch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse freezing intermittently when using USB switch: I have a mouse and keyboard connected through a USB 3.0 switch to 2 laptops. One runs Linux, the other runs Windows 10. Both devices are wireless and high performance Logitech G613 and G703On my Linux machine there are no issues. When switching to my Win10 machine, the mouse...
  7. Keyboard and mouse intermittently stop working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard and mouse intermittently stop working: I have an ASUS UX430UAR I purchased in 2018. I'm having issues with the keyboard and mouse randomly bugging. When the problem occurs: neither my wireless keyboard, my laptop's physical keyboard or the windows virtual keyboard function. Also, the problem forces my wireless...
  8. highlighting function with mouse works intermittently

highlighting function with mouse works intermittently: I have been using the same computer and mouse for some years to happily click and select text. Suddenly two mice have stopped working properly, sometimes they will highlight all the text I want, so I can cut it, but often when I highlight some word or words as soon as I pick...
  9. Mouse works intermittently

Mouse works intermittently: On July 21 I posted a question about how to fix intermittent performance by the mouse. Andre for Directly replied with three possible solutions. I have been monitoring the results of the corrections since then. I have now deployed all three solutions, and the problem still...
  10. Left mouse click works intermittently

Left mouse click works intermittently: Hi All, I know this question is everywhere but i cannot find any answer that would help me solve the issue. I gave up and reinstalled my W10 on my desktop. It solved the issue...until i unplugged the mouse to use it on my laptop (also W10). When i plugged it back to my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mouse works intermittantly usb

2. usb mouse intermittent problem with win10

3. mouse device has been working intermittently