Windows 10: USB Music Files Gone!

Discus and support USB Music Files Gone! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have/had a USB drive with 1600 songs on it. I use it in my car and bring it in to add songs. Today I had it in my computer working on something else... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Brentg, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Brentg Win User

USB Music Files Gone!

I have/had a USB drive with 1600 songs on it. I use it in my car and bring it in to add songs. Today I had it in my computer working on something else and I bumped it a couple of times, and It pops on and off, and eventually lost all the music. I have a backup of most of them, but I would like to get them all back.
    I downloaded a "Free" disk recovery tool and it found them but wanted payment for anything over 1gig. Is there a program or method I can use to get them back without paying 1/2 a hundred?

Thanks

:)

Brentg, Oct 16, 2019

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Oct 16, 2019
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    downloading music from windows 10 to a usb drive

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply with the details to get a better clarity on the issue:

• How are you downloading the music files?
    • Are you trying to download the files from a website?

However, if you want to transfer music that is already on the Windows 10 PC to an USB flash drive please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Connect the USB to the computer.
    2. Navigate to the location where you have saved the Music.
    3. Select the music files that you want to transfer.
    4. Right click on the selected files and click on
      Copy.
    5. Now, navigate to the USB drive and click on
      Paste

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 16, 2019
  4. USB Music Files Gone!

How to export WAV files from groove music to a USB memory stick?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft Help Article about Grove music and its functionality.

Sorry to inform you that there is not option to export the music files from grove music list to USB drive.

It has option to add the music to the grove music list.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3077721

Try to copy the WAV files from the music file location and then paste it in the USB drive.

Get back to us if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Oct 16, 2019
Thema:

USB Music Files Gone!

1. USB Music Files Gone! - Similar Threads - USB Music Files

2. Copying music/photo files to a USB drive as a backup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copying music/photo files to a USB drive as a backup: Hi. I am trying to back my music library from my PC Win 10 and some times I am successful but other times I can copy the same files on to a bare USB drive and they only copy 50% or 60% then it freezes and tells me that there is a problem. I started with 485 songs but I have...
  3. Files gone??

Files gone??: Hi! I’ve logged out of my computer around an hour ago, everything normal, no viruses, all good! But then, when I am trying to log in now, while my account name is still there and it accepts my password, it goes from saying welcome to preparing windows. After it finishes such,...
  4. usb drivers gone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    usb drivers gone: i tried plugging in a webcam into my pc but got bluescreend and it deleted all of my usb drivers. now is my question, how do i get them back without having to reinstall windows and lose all my datai have no way to back it up, i also have a liquid cooler that is powered by...
  5. files are gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    files are gone: I play sims 4 on my laptop and every time I go to play it, all my files and saves are deleted from my laptop. all my programs are still there but none of my files are. does anyone know how to fix this or why its happening?...
  6. Windows Update makes USB files gone

Windows Update makes USB files gone: Hello, My colleague and I was fixing MYOB application. We were told to update Windows. My USB was pluged in at that moment. After we update the Windows, we found issue with opening the USB files. We were asked to format USB as below. All USB files have gone. Can anyone...
  7. music files

music files: unable to play my old music files in my WMP library-"files missing media usage rights" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/music-files/88514a12-7fda-4c95-85f1-dc4e9d5487aa"
  8. crashed laptop, all music in groove is gone.

crashed laptop, all music in groove is gone.: My pc crashed and I had to reinstall windows, and now all my tracks are gone. Is there a way to get back all the music I had in Groove or is it gone forever?...
  9. Formatting usb for music

Formatting usb for music: I have windows 10. I have a new 32gb usb flash drive that is windows 10 compatable. I want to load music and play in my car. My car audio system reads and plays sound files on a flash drive in either MP3, WMA or AAC format. When i try to format my 32GB usp flash drive...
  10. Music Files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Music Files: How do I stop windows from automatically deleting properties from my MP3 files after I download them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/music-files/5c85c337-9d00-48d5-a0aa-228d29a4989f