Windows 10: USB My Passport no longer recongized after December updates

Discus and support USB My Passport no longer recongized after December updates in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello My WD MyPassport USB drive is no longer recognized by my Windows Desktop after one of the December updates. The drive no longer shows up as a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HJD1950, Dec 26, 2018.

1. HJD1950 Win User

USB My Passport no longer recongized after December updates

Hello

My WD MyPassport USB drive is no longer recognized by my Windows Desktop after one of the December updates.

The drive no longer shows up as a connected device. If I go to Device Manager, it is 'hidden'; I can force it to be shown in Device Manager; does not help. No drive letter is assigned.

This drive works fine on two other machines that I have not allowed the Dec updates to occur.

The updates are

2018-12 cum update KB4483235 (12-20

2018-12 Cum update for WIn 10 1809 for x64 based systems KB4471332 12/15

2018-12 cum update for .NET KB4470502 12/15

2018-12 cum update KB4471332

Security update for Flash KB84471331 12/5

I was way between 12/7 and 12/14,, so I suspect it is one of the 12/15s. I already noted the problem before 12/20, so I doubt the KB4483235 is the one.

I have another External USB drive Toshiba, that mounts fine on the machine in question.

Since the WD MyPassport works on two other non-updated machines, I can't see how it's the drive;

Since the Toshiba works on the machine, I can't see how it's the USB ports/drivers.

Does anyone have any ideas?

:)

HJD1950, Dec 26, 2018

2. usb drive is not being recongized after aniversary update

usb drive is not being recongized after aniversary update

Mumbles786, Dec 26, 2018
  3. Fastpaced Win User
    Windows 10 broken links after December update

Hi

Since the December update the short cuts to the Windows store, Bing weather and the calculator no longer works, a window opens but quickly closes on all the listed apps. I've tried a few forum suggestions but nothings worked to date. Could you advise please.

Mr Alan Deacon

Fastpaced, Dec 26, 2018
  4. USB My Passport no longer recongized after December updates

Cumulative December update

I tried to download and install the December Cumulative Update from the website you had listed and did not have any luck. I received error messages stating that it would not install and it still has not come through windows update. Do you have any other
    suggestions?

TanyaPeterson412, Dec 26, 2018
Thema:

USB My Passport no longer recongized after December updates

1. USB My Passport no longer recongized after December updates - Similar Threads - USB Passport longer

2. Western Digital Passport USB issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Western Digital Passport USB issue: Hi, I just bought this laptop and I am trying to plug my WD passport USB into it and it wont work. It says the driver is unavailable Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/western-digital-passport-usb-issue/5e275c22-e131-4a40-80ee-c88c418d1da2
  3. Corrupted files after Win10 December updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Corrupted files after Win10 December updates: Hello, after last December 2020 Windows 10 v10.0.19042.685 updates are found next errors corrupted same files on two system. How can be possible to repair it, please? Thank you. Attached CBS.log content result from sfc /scannow - partially shorted showed only...
  4. December update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    December update: I downloaded the December updates to my computer and the printer is now making everthing very small from some programs, such as mail, firefox, etc. Any suggestions? Thanks Jackie R Falls *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  5. After December 8 Updates, continual BSODs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After December 8 Updates, continual BSODs: After applying the December updates, I have had continuous BSODs--often several per hour. Can someone please help me figure out how to stop this from happening? Thanks! James Minidumps and system information are at:...
  6. My Passport

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    My Passport: I've been using My Passport backup devices and they always stop working. Anyone else find these to be junk and is there another automatic, reliable option available? 163225
  7. WD My Passport

WD My Passport: Hi. I have just purchased a Microsoft Laptop which unfortunately won't read my WD My Passport. does anyone have a fix for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wd-my-passport/b3cf90e5-c78b-4104-a67e-e25c5faea50a
  8. westerndigital my passport

westerndigital my passport: How can I connect my western digital my passport to my windows 10 laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/westerndigital-my-passport/b77ab794-43fc-46db-9a60-af3756b8eee1
  9. Windows 10 after December updates

Windows 10 after December updates: Dear Microsoft Since installing the 8/12/18 updates I experienced my system to be unstable thinking it has a virus but wasn’t the case as I run security online scanners as Windows defender did not run as well as desktop applications in which I had to be an administrator to...
  10. IDE->USB/SATA->USB adapters no longer working after Creators Update

IDE->USB/SATA->USB adapters no longer working after Creators Update: I have an R-Driver III USB 2.0 to SATA IDE Cable (Comes with an AC adapter) and a SODIAL USB 3.0 to SATA III Cable (USB power only). I have tried to format 2 IDE drives on the 2.0 cable and one drive on the 3.0 cable. Using the 2.0 cable I have incessant disconnecting and...