Windows 10: USB not accessible nor able to Format

Discus and support USB not accessible nor able to Format in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My USB does not work. Windows 10 is unable to format it. Tried the same USB on another pc, same error. Needs to format, and then cannoy format the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MFMOOSA, May 6, 2021.

1. MFMOOSA Win User

USB not accessible nor able to Format

My USB does not work. Windows 10 is unable to format it. Tried the same USB on another pc, same error. Needs to format, and then cannoy format the usbSome help will ne most appreciated.Thank you.

:)

MFMOOSA, May 6, 2021
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, May 6, 2021
  3. oemSoft Win User
    oemSoft, May 6, 2021
  4. USB not accessible nor able to Format

freebird_9924, May 6, 2021
Thema:

USB not accessible nor able to Format

1. USB not accessible nor able to Format - Similar Threads - USB accessible nor

2. Not able to access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not able to access: Hai,I couldn't access this website https://www.noelprojects.com/flats-in-kochi/ through internet explorer. Could you please help me in this?Thanks and regardsReshma https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-access/2e01fc90-0a1f-46b7-bea1-ccd086a9f563
  3. USB Format

in Windows 10 Customization
    USB Format: My computers is a Dell laptop.Running Windows 10.I'm going to format my drive.I was unable to, in the past.Due to the space, used by C:But know I have, a USB Drive. I need, the installation software.I knew, the Microsoft website.that you could prepare, anything.But also...
  4. USB Flash drive not able to format, Windows showing as write-protected.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Flash drive not able to format, Windows showing as write-protected.: Hi there, I am having this issue with my flash drive, Windows is not able to format it, it shows as write protected. The USB is in RAW Format and the model is "HP USB 3.1 x765w", no one is willing @ HP Community to help, so I thought I could get help here, here are some...
  5. USB Flash drive not able to format

USB Flash drive not able to format: Hi there, I'm having a problem that my USB drive is not formatting. Whenever I format it, it gives me write-protection error. I tried to format it in my Surface Pro 3 running Windows 8.1 to see if there was an issue with Windows 10/my PC but of no luck. I also tried removing...
  6. Not able to access Bitlocker encrypted USB Drive2TB

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Not able to access Bitlocker encrypted USB Drive2TB: Dear Experts, Have successfully encrypted my 2TB USB drive and have used regularly for more than 1 month. However, i accidentally removed USB drive without "Safely ejecting". After that i am not able to access my USB drive. After connecting to same laptop where it was...
  7. Why do USB not able to format with GPT?

Why do USB not able to format with GPT?: Referring to following link, after following instruction, my USB do not able to format at all, I would like to know on how to solve gpt issue and make USB work again. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any suggestions...
  8. format usb

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    format usb: why won't my empty 32 GB USB format how do i know it was formatted said it did but how do i tell https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/format-usb/81697e87-cc7a-4ab6-a13f-9190ecde2c3e
  9. Bitlocker: D Partition was not able to access and was asking for format

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker: D Partition was not able to access and was asking for format: We are having some serious trouble with Bit locker. Recently, we decrypted one Desktop C (232 GB) and D Partition (231 GB) and it all went smooth, even restarted after the Decryption with no issues. But after the restart we found that D Partition was not able to access...
  10. Bitlocker: D Partition was not able to access and was asking for format

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bitlocker: D Partition was not able to access and was asking for format: We are having some serious trouble with Bit locker. Recently, we decrypted one Desktop C (232 GB) and D Partition (231 GB) and it all went smooth, even restarted after the Decryption with no issues. But after the restart we found that D Partition was not able to...