Windows 10: USB not being picked up by pc

Discus and support USB not being picked up by pc in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I tried to create Windows 10 media installation on USB flash drive using media creation tool but flash drive but does not show up on pc even though it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by treblefree, Apr 24, 2020.

1. USB not being picked up by pc

I tried to create Windows 10 media installation on USB flash drive using media creation tool but flash drive but does not show up on pc even though it is plugged in and when i checked device manager it states device is working properly...cannot reformat it...when media creation tool finishes downloading Windows 10..message pops up stating ..please insert drive..which is inserted.

I have two other 32Gb usb flash drives and similar issues occur..they can't be all faulty can they ?

Please advise.

Thankyou

My OS is Windows 10 Pro with latest updates

:)

treblefree, Apr 24, 2020
  2. spapakons Win User

USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

USB not being picked up by pc [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, May 23, 2020
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, May 23, 2020
  4. thraxed Win User

USB not being picked up by pc

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, May 23, 2020
Thema:

USB not being picked up by pc

1. USB not being picked up by pc - Similar Threads - USB being picked

2. PC not picking up USB microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC not picking up USB microphone: I purchased a PC a few weeks ago, and two days ago I plugged in my USB microphone for the first time, a Rode USB mic, only to find the PC isn't reacting to it being plugged in at all. This is not an issue with the microphone, I booted up my old PC yesterday, plugged in the...
  3. PC not picking up USB microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC not picking up USB microphone: I purchased a PC a few weeks ago, and two days ago I plugged in my USB microphone for the first time, a Rode USB mic, only to find the PC isn't reacting to it being plugged in at all. This is not an issue with the microphone, I booted up my old PC yesterday, plugged in the...
  4. PC not picking up USB microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. USB MICROPHONE ISN'T BEING PICKED UP

USB MICROPHONE ISN'T BEING PICKED UP: my usb microphone wont be recognized by my pc. ive looked up other people who have had the same issue and tried those methods to fix it, but nothing works. ive done everything from troubleshooting to reinstalling drivers and nothing of the sorts work. the light on the mic is...
  6. Microphone being detected by windows but no sound is being picked up

Microphone being detected by windows but no sound is being picked up: So I have been having issues with new computer trying to get my microphone sorted. I have a Turtle Beach wired headset and have an audio splitter connecting it to my desktop. I first tried the front panel connectors and then tried the audio panel on the motherboard at the...
  7. No Microphone is being picked up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No Microphone is being picked up: I have two microphones; one on a Razer headset, the other on an Oculus Rift CV1. I started a Discord call with a buddy and noticed the app wasn't picking up my headset mic. I went to Windows Settings and found that when I tested the mic, Windows didn't pick anything up from...
  8. Home Wifi not being picked up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Home Wifi not being picked up: Good Day I would like to know a reason why my home why I cannot pick up my home Wifi but other Wifi signals can be picked up? I have fibre line and my laptop is an HP Pavilion G7. I have tried using other laptops and they do work so I am not sure why this could be...
  9. SSD not being picked up by windows but picked up in bios

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SSD not being picked up by windows but picked up in bios: My OS is installed on my SSD so every time i try boot my PC it takes me to recovery, I cant use diskpart commands because it doesnt show any storage devices, but in BIOS i can choose to load from it. If I use a bootable USB with the installation stuff on it, it doesnt allow...
  10. HDMI not being picked up by win10

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HDMI not being picked up by win10: Well, lets just jump right into it, earlier this week, my HDMI monitor was working a-ok, (scepter e22 i think) to the best of my knowledge a update decided to install itself overnight, and then, low and behold, the laptop wont even detect that a device is connected, not in...