Windows 10: USB Not being recognized on windows 10

Discus and support USB Not being recognized on windows 10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So my USB is not being recognized when I plug it in. I hear the noise that recognizes it's in, but on file explorer it doesn't appear like usual. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Mamba28, Jul 17, 2020.

1. USB Not being recognized on windows 10

So my USB is not being recognized when I plug it in. I hear the noise that recognizes it's in, but on file explorer it doesn't appear like usual. I tried removing and readding, checking drivers updates, used scannow, and chkdsk, but no results. When plugged in, I can't see it under diskpart list volume.

Under disk management, it finds the usb and says it's healthy, but it says it has nothing under it (100% free) which was not the case. It doesn't have any letter like before though, when trying to change letter it doesn't work.

What can I do? I read that it's probably due to some lost partition? Is there even a way to recover the data?

Can you guys suggest me a good safe partition manager for windows 10 and some steps to take?

Thanks

submitted by /u/Mamba28
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Mamba28, Jul 17, 2020

2. Some USB Devices not recognized in Windows 10

Hi have Windows 10 Pro insider preview 10532 64bit Pro Intel i7 desktop PC.

I have multiple USB devices connected, USB 3 & 2. The USB HDD is working however my Samsung phone and kindle are no longer being recognized. The steps followed so far:

• Uninstalled all USB devices in device manager including controllers
    • Flashed BIOS to latest version
    • Updated USB drivers for the devices from manufacturers sites
    • Tried new USB cables

Please note: both devices are recognized by my Windows 10 Lenovo laptop.

I really don't want to fresh install, please suggest any diagnostics I can try.

Thanks

TonyHallett, Jul 17, 2020
  3. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Jul 17, 2020
  4. thraxed Win User

USB Not being recognized on windows 10

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Jul 17, 2020
Thema:

USB Not being recognized on windows 10

1. USB Not being recognized on windows 10 - Similar Threads - USB being recognized

2. USB PnP not being recognized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB PnP not being recognized: Hi, a few days ago I bought a usb PnP usb to aux device because the aux ports in my pc didn't work, but now my windows wont recognize it even though it did work, and when it does recognize it if I move too hard it disconnects....
  3. USB PnP not being recognized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB PnP not being recognized: Hi, a few days ago I bought a usb PnP usb to aux device because the aux ports in my pc didn't work, but now my windows wont recognize it even though it did work, and when it does recognize it if I move too hard it disconnects....
  4. USB PnP not being recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. USB Mic is Not Being Recognized Anywhere

USB Mic is Not Being Recognized Anywhere: I have a USB Blue Snowball iCE microphone. The issue I am having with it is that it is not being recognized anywhere. Not on another device, not on any program, not even in device manager. I really do not want to believe that it is a problem with the cord itself since it is...
  6. USB Microphone is not being recognized

USB Microphone is not being recognized: I have a usb microphone, and when I plug it in, my computer make the noise that windows makes when a new device is plugged in. But when I go to select it as my audio device, it does not show up in the input options. Furthermore, It also does not show up on device manager when...
  7. USB Headset not being recognized

USB Headset not being recognized: I recently bought an Arcus 150T gaming headset. When i plugged it into my laptop i heard a noise as if someone was repeatedly tapping on the outside of the headset. The headset itself is not being recognised and isnt outputting any forms of audio but the rgb on the headset is...
  8. USB microphone stopped being recognized

USB microphone stopped being recognized: Hello, I have been using my MXL Tempo microphone for around a year now and everything has been perfect with it until now. Around 3 weeks ago my mic stopped being recognized when I bought a boom arm for it and unplugged it and replugged it for setting all the cables and...
  9. My USB Headset is not being recognized.

My USB Headset is not being recognized.: Hello. My USB headset is not being recognized. Whenever I connect it in my PC, an error shows up that says: The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it. Recommendation: Try reconnecting the device. If Windows still...
  10. USB flash not being recognized

USB flash not being recognized: Even rebooting won't make my Windows 10 Home program recognize a USB flash drive plugged into any port of the computer. I've tried three different flash drives, including two that are new and one that plays in the car. I don't get that musical note that tells me the computer...