Windows 10: USB Not being registered as a Disk Drive.

Discus and support USB Not being registered as a Disk Drive. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I've been trying to get this to work for a while now, No luck. I recently tried to plug in my USB Device and it was not registering as a Disk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TMMPOG, Jan 19, 2019.

1. TMMPOG Win User

USB Not being registered as a Disk Drive.

Hello, I've been trying to get this to work for a while now, No luck. I recently tried to plug in my USB Device and it was not registering as a Disk Drive. Instead it registered as a Universal Serial Bus Device (Not a Universal Serial Bus Controller like I've seen in other solutions.) If anyone knows how to get it to reregister under a Disk Drive (USB) please tell me. I have tried Uninstalling and Reinstalling the device, Updating the drivers, and Changing the default driver, No luck. Thank you.

:)

TMMPOG, Jan 19, 2019
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Jan 19, 2019
  3. Darkleoco Win User
    P67 Sabertooth only registers one hard drive

My BIOS doesn't register it being in RAID mode and I don't remember but I believe I only had one drive in when I installed Windows and the problem is I can't format the second drive, they are listed as different drives in different ports in disk management but both are listed as the Master Boot Record.

Darkleoco, Jan 19, 2019
  4. Lazzer408 Win User

help. USB drive isn't assigned a drive letter.

Any usb flash drive I plug into my computer isn't assigned a drive letter. The physical drive shows in the "safely remove hardware" but it doesnt show up in disk management. I have tried to populate the volume thru the safely remove hardware properties window and it does pop up in the list but it doesn't stay there. This isn't a format or assign a letter problem. It's more complicated then that. Maybe one of the services needed for usb drive management was disabled? Suggestions needed. btw external usb harddrives work fine.

Lazzer408, Jan 19, 2019
Thema:

1. USB Not being registered as a Disk Drive. - Similar Threads - USB being registered

2. No disk found in USB drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No disk found in USB drive?: The drive was working fine until it was formatted. Now when I try to open it, it tells me to "Please insert a disk into USB drive D:."The drive is recognized by my computer and lists it in both Device Manager and Disk Management with an allocated space. I assume something...
  3. No disk found in USB drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No disk found in USB drive?: The drive was working fine until it was formatted. Now when I try to open it, it tells me to "Please insert a disk into USB drive D:."The drive is recognized by my computer and lists it in both Device Manager and Disk Management with an allocated space. I assume something...
  4. No disk found in USB drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. USB-A hard drive not being ejected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB-A hard drive not being ejected: Almost every time I try to eject my hard drive, my PC prompts that the file is in use and can't be ejected. I've closed all the apps, browsers, bluetooth, wifi, connections, everything. It still says that the file is in use. What the heck is really going on?...
  6. USB-A hard drive not being ejected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB-A hard drive not being ejected: Almost every time I try to eject my hard drive, my PC prompts that the file is in use and can't be ejected. I've closed all the apps, browsers, bluetooth, wifi, connections, everything. It still says that the file is in use. What the heck is really going on?...
  7. Speaker is being detected as a USB drive

Speaker is being detected as a USB drive: Hello people, So I have this speaker I've been using for quite a while and it kept saying it was being detected as a USB drive. Not sure what this means. In task manager, the "USB drive" speaker is detected and says as 0 MB formatted with absolutely no writing or reading....
  8. USB Disk Drive not recognised

USB Disk Drive not recognised: Hi I have two 1TB Toshiba USB Hard Drives. Both work on my old Dell laptop but only one works on my relatively new HP machine. Both are running Windows 10 It shows in Device Manager but not in Disk Management or System. Clicking the USB eject icon on the taskbar displays...
  9. External USB disk drives

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    External USB disk drives: I currently have 4 USB disk drives. Occasionally I get a notification asking how do I want to configure a couple of these. When I click on the notice nothing happens. One of these, my primary data drive, works but doesn't consistently show up in various configuration...
  10. Headset isn't being registered.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Headset isn't being registered.: I've just upgraded my computer from an i7-6700 | GTX 745 to i7-6700 | GTX 1070TI and after doing so, my headset [ HyperX Cloud Core ] was not being read in the PC I've tried to plug it in the back, and front ports. But neither worked. What did work was to get an aux...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. usb not being registered