Windows 10: USB Not Detected In Disk Manager, Shows As Other Device

Discus and support USB Not Detected In Disk Manager, Shows As Other Device in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, Recently my pc has stopped detecting USB drives from the USB 3.0 and 2.0 ports. I have tried multiple troubleshooting methods to try and get the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Lawrence.ll, Nov 19, 2020.

1. USB Not Detected In Disk Manager, Shows As Other Device

Hi,

Recently my pc has stopped detecting USB drives from the USB 3.0 and 2.0 ports. I have tried multiple troubleshooting methods to try and get the USBs detected.Have tried updating drivers, uninstalling and then scanning for hardware changes. Restating pc after uninstalling USB drivers.

- Tested 3 USBs on every port, front IO and back IO and a different pc- works on that.

- In Device Manager, the USB is recognised as 'other devices'. The message displayed for the device status is "The drivers for this device are not installed. Code 28 There are no compatible drivers for this device. "To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver.

- I have turned on every setting in the bios that could possibly be related to the USB not working. eg legacy mode.

- Running the latest version of windows and all drivers are up to date.

- USB sticks will refuse to show up in Disk Manager and File explorer but only in device manager under 'other devices'.

Although be it that this issue may be common, I am currently dealing with a much greater issue involving windows corruption and have considered wiping the boot drive and starting over. I would if the USB would work lol.

Running MSI X570 MB with a Ryzen 5 3600, RTX 2060, SSD boot drive HDD storage.

:)

Lawrence.ll, Nov 19, 2020
  2. seejp Win User

external hard drive showing up in device management but not disk management

Hi,

I recently tried to use a brand new Seagate 2TB External HD, but it is not showing up. It initially showed up, but after I tried reformatting it to exFAT32, it disappeared from the disk management list.

I then tried:

• refreshing the disk management list,
    • inserting into a different USB port,
    • re-starting my computer, and
    • uninstalling the device from device manager/letting it refresh,

I still can't see it. There is no yellow error in the USB controller list.

I'm on Windows 10.

Intel i5-3317U @ 1.7GHz

Any suggestions? Thanks!

seejp, Nov 19, 2020
  3. AnsonTam Win User
    Missing hard disk: disk management doesn't detect my hard disks but detected by the device manager

Missing hard disk: form disk management doesn't detect my hard disks but detected by the device manager. even I try CMD diskpart it doesn't show up, but at the device manager all of my four hard disks are detected (1ssd & 1hhd & 2hhd not showing up)

AnsonTam, Nov 19, 2020
  4. Ferdz Amp Win User

USB Not Detected In Disk Manager, Shows As Other Device

Toshiba External USB drives not showing in Explorer or Disk Management Plug-in

Thank you for the update.

Looks like your system is unable to detect your external hard drive. Let's see if scanning for new hardware will fix the issue. Follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key to launch the Start menu.
    • Type in Device Manager and press Enter.
    • Under Device Manager, select Action tab > Scan for hardware changes.
    • Wait for your system to install the generic driver for your device and follow the on-screen instructions.

If the issue still persists, we suggest that you perform the following recommendations below:

• Plug in your external USB drives to other USB device port of your system.
    • Use other USB cables for your external device to connect to your system.

Keep us updated and we will be glad to assist you further.

Ferdz Amp, Nov 19, 2020
Thema:

USB Not Detected In Disk Manager, Shows As Other Device

1. USB Not Detected In Disk Manager, Shows As Other Device - Similar Threads - USB Detected Disk

2. USB device not showing up in device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB device not showing up in device manager: I have an Epson DS-530 scanner that was set up and running fine on my desktop a while ago before it stopped working.I have been able to set it up on another computer with no problem so I know it is not a bad cable/device, but it is not showing up in the device manager.Any...
  3. USB cooler not detected by laptop and Device Manager

USB cooler not detected by laptop and Device Manager: Previously, I had to just reconnect the usb cable and it would work fine. However this time, I have tried all kinds of methods including updating and uninstalling drivers to Command Prompts solutions but it was to no avail. The cooler works when connected to other devices....
  4. Device manager shows Unknown USB Device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Device manager shows Unknown USB Device: Device manager shows Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed Here are the files:https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnqODU59jkasgfasAUMd6Uq6mQyCqac?e=SfpeQe...
  5. Device manager shows Unknown USB Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device manager shows Unknown USB Device: Device manager shows Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed Here are the files:https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnqODU59jkasgfasAUMd6Uq6mQyCqac?e=SfpeQe...
  6. Device manager shows Unknown USB Device

7. USB HDD not seen in explorer but is in disk manager and on other devices.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB HDD not seen in explorer but is in disk manager and on other devices.: Hi, my WD 5TB black was doing really well until I plugged it into my familys TV to show them a clip, it ran on their TV, when I came home I plugged it into my computer where it then said its now not accessible, I plugged it into my TV and my Samsung sees the files, my media...
  8. usb flash disk not showing up in disk management

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    usb flash disk not showing up in disk management: my usb flash drive is not showing in disk management how can I solve this in windows 10? It is a 2TB drive, it shows in device manager and states that it is working but when you click on it, it says no media is found on this drive....
  9. USB Mouse is not detected on device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Mouse is not detected on device manager: So I just repaired my Laptoo by resetting I am now starting grom the start but when I'm going to use my mouse it won't work. I thought os was because of the mouse itself is broken but no, it wasn't. I've tried some methods but when I'm going to check in the device manager it...
  10. Device Manager shows > Other devices> Unknown Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device Manager shows > Other devices> Unknown Device: I noticed a few days ago that Device Manager was showing an unknown Device, and I'm not sure how to correct that. I was thinking of deleting it, but that I should ask on the forum first. My system seems to be running ok save for my running slow when opening programs, but I've...