Windows 10: USB not launching

Discus and support USB not launching in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,When I plug in my usb into the ports , it recognizes what it is when I view devices, but it's not launching the opening app.Usually on any other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Chaz Jones1, Feb 23, 2024.

1. USB not launching

Hi,When I plug in my usb into the ports , it recognizes what it is when I view devices, but it's not launching the opening app.Usually on any other computer the app launches and I'm able to view the contents on the usb drive. Can you provide support or next steps?Thanks!

:)

Chaz Jones1, Feb 23, 2024
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Feb 23, 2024
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    BSOD when launching Virtual Machine

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your effort on this. I understand how difficult it could be when the computer doesn’t work as it is supposed to, we will look into this for you. Please reply with the following details to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting
    steps:

• Which application are you using to create Virtual Machine?
    • Does the issue occur only when launching a Virtual Machine?
    • Have you reinstalled Windows on the computer?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

I have analyzed the dump files shared by you. Since the issue occurs when you launch Virtual Machine, I suggest you to try disabling the VMWare USB Arbitration Service and check if that helps. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type services.msc and click on
      OK
    3. Look for the VMWare USB Arbitration Service and double click on it to open
      Properties.
    4. Select Disabled from the drop down for
      Startup and Stop the service.
    5. Click on Apply and OK.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 23, 2024
  4. Lazzer408 Win User

USB not launching

USB boot for bios update

Did the first step. It already doesn't work. Note the capacities and drive letters M:/N: The HP utility is about to format my raid-1 volume containing my 2 750gb drives. It thinks it's the usb stick. I can not select any other drives in the HP utility. My 512mb usb stick is U:.

Any other suggestions?

USB not launching nonono-jpg.jpg

Lazzer408, Feb 23, 2024
Thema:

USB not launching

1. USB not launching - Similar Threads - USB launching

2. Keep getting recovery screen but cannot launch USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep getting recovery screen but cannot launch USB: I have tried setting the usb to boot priority in an attempt to reinstall windows which has not done anything as anytime I exit bios or reset my pc the same screen comes up without giving me an option to launch a recovery drive. I have tried disabling fast boot and secure boot...
  3. Keep getting recovery screen but cannot launch USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keep getting recovery screen but cannot launch USB: I have tried setting the usb to boot priority in an attempt to reinstall windows which has not done anything as anytime I exit bios or reset my pc the same screen comes up without giving me an option to launch a recovery drive. I have tried disabling fast boot and secure boot...
  4. USB not launching

USB not launching: Hi,When I plug in my usb into the ports , it recognizes what it is when I view devices, but it's not launching the opening app.Usually on any other computer the app launches and I'm able to view the contents on the usb drive. Can you provide support or next steps?Thanks!...
  5. Nothing is working after a full dis reset and my computer is refusing to launch from a usb...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nothing is working after a full dis reset and my computer is refusing to launch from a usb...: So I've been trying to resolve this issue for about 24 hours straight so here's everything that happened. I was just doing a factory reset on my computer and everything was smooth sailing until the reset finished when I noticed that I had my same lock screen background as...
  6. Nothing is working after a full dis reset and my computer is refusing to launch from a usb...

Nothing is working after a full dis reset and my computer is refusing to launch from a usb...: So I've been trying to resolve this issue for about 24 hours straight so here's everything that happened. I was just doing a factory reset on my computer and everything was smooth sailing until the reset finished when I noticed that I had my same lock screen background as...
  7. Nothing is working after a full dis reset and my computer is refusing to launch from a usb...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Windows 10 won't launch and won't allow me to reset the PC or repair via USB

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 won't launch and won't allow me to reset the PC or repair via USB: I hope there's a Hercule Poirot of computers somewhere who takes an interest in my little saga and can use the clues to solve the mystery. I have a Lenovo Ideapad y700-141SK with BIOS version D4CN23WW v1.04 and CPU Intel Core i7-6700HQ @ 2.60 GHz. It's running Windows 10, I'm...
  9. Windows 10 won't launch and won't allow me to reset the PC or repair via USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 won't launch and won't allow me to reset the PC or repair via USB: I hope there's a Hercule Poirot of computers somewhere who takes an interest in my little saga and can use the clues to solve the mystery. I have a Lenovo Ideapad y700-141SK with BIOS version D4CN23WW v1.04 and CPU Intel Core i7-6700HQ @ 2.60 GHz. It's running Windows 10, I'm...
  10. Windows 10 won't launch and won't allow me to reset the PC or repair via USB