Windows 10: USB not recognised after years using it.

Discus and support USB not recognised after years using it. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I’ve come across an issue with an Xpress USB flush drive that I use daily on my main desktop. I have been configuring a new desktop where I have had to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by scopio, Jan 26, 2019.

1. scopio Win User

USB not recognised after years using it.

I’ve come across an issue with an Xpress USB flush drive
    that I use daily on my main desktop. I have been configuring a new desktop
    where I have had to transfer data from one to the other. The new desktop
    recognises the flush drive but the desktop where I mainly used it does not
    recognise it anymore. Windows on my main desktop flagged only once a message
    saying it did not recognise the device, now when I plug the device in my main
    desktop it does not show in File Explorer although it is recognised and works
    perfectly well on the new desktop.
    Any ideas on how to get the main desktop to recognise the
    flush drive again?

:)

scopio, Jan 26, 2019
  2. Tjs77 Win User

microphone stopped being recognised by Windows 10 - worked perfectly for two years

My microphone stopped working. Windows 10 just doesn't recognise it if I plug it in or disconnect it. It was working perfectly a few hours ago and nothing has changed. Any suggestions? If I right click on the speaker icon, go to Recording Devices its not
    listed. And if I disconnect it by USB and reconnect it, it doesn't show any activity in the window relating to it. Any suggestions?

Tjs77, Jan 26, 2019
  3. USB Drives not recognised in Windows 10

I have just updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and when I plug in a any USB drives are not recognised.

I have tried a USB stick which worked but not drives do not.

Any suggestions as all worked in Windows 7.

Thank you.

jaburmester, Jan 26, 2019
  4. Kem Mon Win User

USB wireless mouse 'USB device not recognised'

Hi,

There are a lot of possible reason why this issue has occurred. We have some
    questions for your to isolate this matter:

• Have you tried using the USB mouse to other computer?

• Is this happening with other devices?

• What other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We suggest that you perform these methods of troubleshooting steps and check if there's any changes:

Method 1: Run the
    Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

To run the
    Troubleshooter,
    follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting
      and hit
      Enter.

• Choose
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on
      Hardware and Devices
      to run the troubleshooter

Method 2: Update your drivers.

To know how to update your drivers, click
    here.

Method 3:
    Run SFC Scan.  

To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:  

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.   

Method 4:
    Run DISM Tool.  

To run
    DISM Tool, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type the following command:  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /scanhealth  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth  

NOTE:
    This might take a while to finish scanning.
    Do not cancel. 

Method 5: Clean Boot.

To perform a
    Clean Boot, click
    here.

Note:
    Reset the computer back to
    Normal Mode
    once you are done with the troubleshooting by following the section
    "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"
    from the same article.

If the issue persists, it is possible that the
    device itself has issues. We suggest that you
    contact the store
    from where you
    bought the device.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Kem Mon, Jan 26, 2019
Thema:

1. USB not recognised after years using it. - Similar Threads - USB recognised years

2. USB not recognised

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB not recognised: I hope someone can help me please. I have a laptop with Windows 10 Home. I backup data with EaseUS Home to a WD Ultra Passport. When I plug in Passport to backup USB "F" the backup disc is there but drive "F" has a question mark against it. I have checked the USB function...
  3. USB not recognised

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB not recognised: I hope someone can help me please. I have a laptop with Windows 10 Home. I backup data with EaseUS Home to a WD Ultra Passport. When I plug in Passport to backup USB "F" the backup disc is there but drive "F" has a question mark against it. I have checked the USB function...
  4. USB not recognised

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. USB not recognised

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB not recognised: I have a Cruzer Blade 32Gb memory stick. It is recognised and works on a Windows 10 computer but not a Windows 11 one.I have tried all the usual fixes, but it still does not appear on explorer. Fixes tried: Different port, Selective Suspend Disabled, Power Management USB Root...
  6. USB not recognised

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB not recognised: I have a Cruzer Blade 32Gb memory stick. It is recognised and works on a Windows 10 computer but not a Windows 11 one.I have tried all the usual fixes, but it still does not appear on explorer. Fixes tried: Different port, Selective Suspend Disabled, Power Management USB Root...
  7. usb not recognised

usb not recognised: I have a Samsung s6 phone when I plug it into my pc to transfer files it always says "USB is not recognized" I tried so many thing update drivers, reboot the pc, uninstall it from the device manager but nothing happens. so does anyone have any tips to help me....
  8. Pc not recognising USB keyboard after format

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pc not recognising USB keyboard after format: Hi, so I had a Windows 10 pc which I wanted to completely wipe and install Windows 7. I used a software called Darik's nuke and boot to completely wipe the drive. Now I insert a bootable windows 7 USB. The keyboard and mouse are working up until the first screen of the...
  9. USB Device Not Recognised

USB Device Not Recognised: Hi, About a month ago, I received a notification on Windows that my "USB device is not recognised" immediately after my mouse stopped responding to my inputs. I tried unplugging and replugging the connector on the only USB device plugged in, my wireless mouse. It worked the...
  10. USB not recognised after years using it.

USB not recognised after years using it.: I’ve come across an issue with an Xpress USB flush drive that I use daily on my main desktop. I have been configuring a new desktop where I have had to transfer data from one to the other. The new desktop recognises the flush drive but the desktop where I mainly used it does...