Windows 10: USB not recognized after every update

Discus and support USB not recognized after every update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Since a few weeks ago every time there is a Tuesday Windows 10 update I get an error message that system doesn't recognize the last USB device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by WishWin10Worked, Jan 9, 2019.

1. USB not recognized after every update

Since a few weeks ago every time there is a Tuesday Windows 10 update I get an error message that system doesn't recognize the last USB device connected. That device seems to be the HP OfficeJet 6100 eprinter. However, three other, but not all usb ports are affected. One of these is unused, but gives the error if I plug in a thumb drive. The other is a USB disc drive.

I can get them going again by random acts. Sometimes simply restarting the system fixes the problem. Sometimes I can use Device Manager to uninstall usb ports starting with the list at the top. Sometimes when I delete one, not the printer, as it is not shown, the system will immediately start setting that device up again - and then all usb ports including the printer are working again. Occasionally just unplugging the printer or turning it off and on fixes the problem. But these steps work randomly, and no one of them is reliable.

Once fixed, there are no further problems until the next Windows 10 update. The drivers appear to be the latest.

This is something Microsoft needs to fix. It is frustrating to have to fix this weekly. I see that this has been a problem for a long time for some people, but is a recent one for me.

One particular problem is that I have scheduled backups to my usb drive and the backup software does not recognize the usb drive after its driver is reinstalled, even though it's at the same letter address.

Does Microsoft acknowledge that it creates is problem? Is Microsoft going to do anything to fix it? If Microsoft is not going to fix this, what can users do to prevent the problem from occurring, assuming drivers are up to date? I would be happy not to ever have another update other than critical security updates. The current features are all I need and non-critical updates are nothing but a pain.

:)

WishWin10Worked, Jan 9, 2019

2. USB device not recognized spam

Hi Kyle,

You may receive this error if one of your USB connected devices is not properly recognized by the system. Let's try the troubleshooting steps provided by
    Krishna Prasobh V on this
    thread

In addition, we suggest that you turn off the notifications from the USB by following these steps:

• Open Settings by typing "settings" in Cortana's search box.
    • Click on Devices.
    • Locate USB and toggle the switch to Off.
    Keep us updated with the status of your concern and we'll be glad to assist you further.

Katrina Men, Jan 9, 2019
  3. Some USB Devices not recognized in Windows 10

Hi have Windows 10 Pro insider preview 10532 64bit Pro Intel i7 desktop PC.

I have multiple USB devices connected, USB 3 & 2. The USB HDD is working however my Samsung phone and kindle are no longer being recognized. The steps followed so far:

• Uninstalled all USB devices in device manager including controllers
    • Flashed BIOS to latest version
    • Updated USB drivers for the devices from manufacturers sites
    • Tried new USB cables

Please note: both devices are recognized by my Windows 10 Lenovo laptop.

I really don't want to fresh install, please suggest any diagnostics I can try.

Thanks

TonyHallett, Jan 9, 2019
  4. USB not recognized after every update

USB Device Not Recognized (Malfunctioned)

Just had this problem recently, a cmos clear corrected it. One item you can check to see is if the bios recognizes anything by loading its "boot from" menu and checking for any USB mass storage listed.

JrRacinFan, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

USB not recognized after every update

1. USB not recognized after every update - Similar Threads - USB recognized every

2. USB devices not recognized after KB5025239

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB devices not recognized after KB5025239: After installing KB5025239 yesterday, my laptop lenovo T495 doesn't recognize USB devices anymore, i.e. the device does not show up and the power led on it doesn't light up.Other USB devices don't work either.For some reason, I am unable to uninstall this update.How can I...
  3. USB devices not recognized after KB5025239

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB devices not recognized after KB5025239: After installing KB5025239 yesterday, my laptop lenovo T495 doesn't recognize USB devices anymore, i.e. the device does not show up and the power led on it doesn't light up.Other USB devices don't work either.For some reason, I am unable to uninstall this update.How can I...
  4. USB headset not recognized after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB headset not recognized after update: So after this "2022-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5017389", my pc just suddenly* couldn't recognized my headset. I've tried the methods given from here:...
  5. USB headset not recognized after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB headset not recognized after update: So after this "2022-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5017389", my pc just suddenly* couldn't recognized my headset. I've tried the methods given from here:...
  6. USB Device not recognized, legit tried every fix.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB Device not recognized, legit tried every fix.: So I was doing some work on Blender when all of a sudden the entire pc just freezes. Weird considering I never have any performance issues. I have a work station pc so I knew I didn't overwhelm it with any task but anyways I ended up having to hold the power button down and...
  7. Constant USB is not recognized errors after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Constant USB is not recognized errors after windows 10 update: After updating Windows 10 (my laptop is an HP Spectre x360), the computer has been giving me constant USB device not recognized error messages, even when I have nothing plugged into the USB ports. While the device has constantly given an error 45 when I look in it's driver,...
  8. USB Devices not recognized after Jan 2019 update

USB Devices not recognized after Jan 2019 update: I was trying to transfer photos from my LG TracFone to the HP Pavilion laptop and switching between 2 USB ports does not get the device recognized. It has worked previously. Apparently it is calling the phone a USB Charge Only Interface, but that doesn't register on the...
  9. 'USB device not recognized' flashes every 10 seconds.

'USB device not recognized' flashes every 10 seconds.: hello, i have got the acer laptop with windows 10 per-installed. the laptops was working fine and i had no problem with it. then i got a major update. i used a usb mouse and when i disconnect the mouse the message started to flash saying 'USb device not recognized' making...
  10. usb is not recognized

usb is not recognized: hi everyone, i have buy a new laptop before 5 months and i connect my usb and its say (usb is not recognized)*cry i have search for the problem in google but none is helped i have try this how to fix or repair usb flash drive not shown in my computer more [read the...