Windows 10: USB not recognized, please help....?

Discus and support USB not recognized, please help....? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I am not an expert, but I know my way around a computer pretty well. My USB ports aren't working. The only ones that are working are the two I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HollyDePatie, Mar 19, 2019.

1. USB not recognized, please help....?

Hi, I am not an expert, but I know my way around a computer pretty well. My USB ports aren't working. The only ones that are working are the two I use for my keyboard and mouse... note: I have never unplugged them.

I have tried everything: Updated the drivers, uninstalled drivers (including all necessary reboots and cold starts), Uninstalled the latest windows 10 updates (feb 19, 2019), cleaned the computer out of dust, etc.
    NOThing has worked, not one thing.
    I can't get even one of the remaining ports (5 of them) that aren't being used to work. I just want to update my phone! My ipod! Once in awhile... maybe even use my usb memory stick... but noooooooooooo.

Please help. I cannot understand this, and I get the same bloody message every time: USB not recognized, yada yada.
    If I uninstall the usb and reboot, it all looks hunky dory until I try to plug something in.

:)

HollyDePatie, Mar 19, 2019

2. USB device not recognized spam

Hi Kyle,

You may receive this error if one of your USB connected devices is not properly recognized by the system. Let's try the troubleshooting steps provided by
    Krishna Prasobh V on this
    thread

In addition, we suggest that you turn off the notifications from the USB by following these steps:

• Open Settings by typing "settings" in Cortana's search box.
    • Click on Devices.
    • Locate USB and toggle the switch to Off.
    Keep us updated with the status of your concern and we'll be glad to assist you further.

Katrina Men, Mar 19, 2019
  3. USB Device Not Recognized (Malfunctioned)

Just had this problem recently, a cmos clear corrected it. One item you can check to see is if the bios recognizes anything by loading its "boot from" menu and checking for any USB mass storage listed.

JrRacinFan, Mar 19, 2019
  4. USB not recognized, please help....?

usb not recognized

Hello Ethan,

The USB port may have stopped responding after you remove or insert a USB device. When the port is in this state, it no longer recognizes any USB device. Aside from the troubleshooting steps you’ve performed, you can also scan the Device Manager for
    hardware changes. Follow the steps below:

• Go to the Device Manager.
    • Click the Action tab.
    • Select Scan for hardware changes and follow the prompts to reinstall the missing driver.
    • Check the USB device if it is already working.

Let us know if you need additional assistance.

Kristine Arp, Mar 19, 2019
Thema:

USB not recognized, please help....?

1. USB not recognized, please help....? - Similar Threads - USB recognized please

2. Visual Studio Not recognizing Function !PLEASE HELP!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Visual Studio Not recognizing Function !PLEASE HELP!: I know this isn't in the right category but Visual studio support isn't helping me. I'm using Visual Studio 2022 for a game I'm creating but I have run into a problem that I've looked all over for but cannot find any answers for.when I type "InputValue" within two opening and...
  3. Visual Studio Not recognizing Function !PLEASE HELP!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Visual Studio Not recognizing Function !PLEASE HELP!: I know this isn't in the right category but Visual studio support isn't helping me. I'm using Visual Studio 2022 for a game I'm creating but I have run into a problem that I've looked all over for but cannot find any answers for.when I type "InputValue" within two opening and...
  4. Visual Studio Not recognizing Function !PLEASE HELP!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. WACOM TABLET NOT RECOGNIZED PLEASE HELP

WACOM TABLET NOT RECOGNIZED PLEASE HELP: I'm so frustrated right now and can't find any answers.I'm downloading my Wacom Intuos tablet model CTL-490 for the first time on this laptop MSI - GF63. I have Windows 10. Latest driver is installed, and has been uninstalled and reinstalled more then once and computer...
  6. USB shenanigans, please help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB shenanigans, please help: So, i have an Asrock B450M Pro4 motherboard, and I don't know what would cause this type of error to happen. I have 3 devices connected all the time simultaneously to the back panel: a Razer DeathAdder Essential, a GX Gaming Imperatot, and a HyperX Cloud II, and they work...
  7. USB not recognizing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB not recognizing: My USB controller doesnt recongnize https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-not-recognizing/270918b3-fc82-414e-9998-1b8f68af1ae4
  8. My USB is not recognized, I need help

My USB is not recognized, I need help: I have Windows 10 and every time I try to insert my USB or universal serial bus rather, so anyways I will get to the point: As I said I insert the USB onto my computer and somehow my computer is not recognizing it before it has never done this and I want to know how I can...
  9. USB device malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it. please help.

USB device malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it. please help.: Okay, i have tried my best to find a solution to this problem, but so far, no luck. i have a Rode USB microphone, that i have been using for a while now. However, since a few days, at random times windows says "usb device malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it"...
  10. usb is not recognized

usb is not recognized: hi everyone, i have buy a new laptop before 5 months and i connect my usb and its say (usb is not recognized)*cry i have search for the problem in google but none is helped i have try this how to fix or repair usb flash drive not shown in my computer more [read the...