Windows 10: USB Not Recognized, The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and...

Discus and support USB Not Recognized, The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey Microsoft so I was using my windows 10 home laptop in this afternoon and i was using mouse and suddenly it started to acting up like the response... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AmanArun, Jan 20, 2021.

1. AmanArun Win User

USB Not Recognized, The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and...

Hey Microsoft

so I was using my windows 10 home laptop in this afternoon and i was using mouse and suddenly it started to acting up like the response delays when i click a button in mouse. so i removed the usb plug of the mouse and entered again. but the usb connected sound effect was playing again and again then a message popped up saying [USB Not Recognized, The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and windows doesnt recognize it]

please help

:)

AmanArun, Jan 20, 2021

2. usb device not recognized (malfunction) - Printer

Hope somebody can help a non-techy here.
    I have a canon IX4000 printer, and had been using it without problem. The next day (having touched nothing), I got a USB device not recognized warning, and that it has a malfunction (this is under Windows XP).

I've tried the following:
    - deinstalling all USB drivers under device manager
    - system restore to several days prior, when I knew the printer was working
    - trying a different USB lead (tested the lead on another device, so know it works)
    - plugged lead into every other available USB port on the computer (front and back).
    - tried plugging it into another computer (comes up with the same malfunction warning)
    - deinstalled the printer drivers, downloaded and reinstalled them.

Nothing I've tried works. I know the printer functions as I can start it up under service mode and print off test pages without problems, but my computer just won't have it. Could it be a hardware failure, and if not is there anything else I can try that isn't listed above?

Really grateful to anyone who can reply. *Smile USB Not Recognized, The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and... :)

zarathustra2012, Jan 20, 2021
  3. Kantastic Win User
    USB Device Not Recognized (Malfunctioned)

Doubt it, MalwareBytes came out clean.

I've tried resetting the BIOS so many times, I'll check to see if the drive shows up in the BIOS in one moment.

You know what, I connected the front header to the 1394 thing until I double checked last night and fixed it. That wasn't before I connected one thumb drive to the front USB port though... NLOGKJSHFVBSKF

The second one isn't working either and I'm 100% positive I didn't connect that one to any port until after I fixed the header.

Kantastic, Jan 20, 2021
  4. USB Not Recognized, The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and...

USB Device Not Recognized (Malfunctioned)

Just had this problem recently, a cmos clear corrected it. One item you can check to see is if the bios recognizes anything by loading its "boot from" menu and checking for any USB mass storage listed.

JrRacinFan, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

USB Not Recognized, The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and...

1. USB Not Recognized, The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and... - Similar Threads - USB Recognized last

2. The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and windows does not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and windows does not...: Hi, so i recently just got a new Elgato Capture card. I Got the HD60 S and when I first got everything hooked up it was working but then I restarted my pc and I now just get and error and it says "The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and windows...
  3. The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and windows does not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and windows does not...: Hi, so i recently just got a new Elgato Capture card. I Got the HD60 S and when I first got everything hooked up it was working but then I restarted my pc and I now just get and error and it says "The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and windows...
  4. The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and windows does not...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. USB device not recognized. The last USB device connected to this computer malfunctioned.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB device not recognized. The last USB device connected to this computer malfunctioned.: Hello, I get a notification from the windows explorer stating that; USB device not recognized. The last USB device connected to this computer malfunctioned whenever I tried to connect my wireless mouse. I have tried power management, driver update methods but nothing worked....
  6. USB device not recognized. The last USB device connected to this computer malfunctioned.

USB device not recognized. The last USB device connected to this computer malfunctioned.: Hello, I get a notification from the windows explorer stating that; USB device not recognized. The last USB device connected to this computer malfunctioned whenever I tried to connect my wireless mouse. I have tried power management, driver update methods but nothing worked....
  7. "The last USB device you connected to the computer malfunctioned"

"The last USB device you connected to the computer malfunctioned": I have a SanDisk 64gb USB drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-last-usb-device-you-connected-to-the-computer/076f4ab1-b768-489a-bc76-edc9d0d93bed
  8. "The last USB device you connected to the computer malfunctioned"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "The last USB device you connected to the computer malfunctioned": I have a SanDisk 64gb USB drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-last-usb-device-you-connected-to-the-computer/076f4ab1-b768-489a-bc76-edc9d0d93bed
  9. The last usb device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and windows does not...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The last usb device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and windows does not...: When i connect my usb device to windows 10 i get the following error message by windows: the last usb device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it. I have: Updated drivers Tried on a different computer (worked) Using a different usb...
  10. the last usb device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and windows does not...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    the last usb device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and windows does not...: the last usb device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it THIS PROBLEM IS ONLY MY OPTICLE MOUSE. OTHER USB INPUT TOOLS[DONGLES, KEY BORDS] WORK VERY WELL... how i resolve this problem?...