Windows 10: USB not showing up in file explorer.

Discus and support USB not showing up in file explorer. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; This problem has been going on for a while, a 1 TB usb drive that I own suddenly had a problem where it wouldn't appear on my file explorer and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Amazon Piranha, Oct 4, 2023.

1. USB not showing up in file explorer.

This problem has been going on for a while, a 1 TB usb drive that I own suddenly had a problem where it wouldn't appear on my file explorer and I couldn't open it.Yes I already tried uninstalling and reinstalling, it didn't work. What do I do?

:)

Amazon Piranha, Oct 4, 2023
  2. jimbo45 Win User

File explorer shows EXTENAL USB volumes TWICE

Hi there

Anybody else get the problem of external USB volumes appearing TWICE in the file explorer list (Build 9860).

USB not showing up in file explorer. 7948d1485948751t-file-explorer-shows-extenal-usb-volumes-twice-duplicate.png

Not a show stopper but annoying.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Oct 4, 2023
  3. Removed USB files suggestions showing up in search bar and in search this pc in windows explorer

I had inserted a USB in my laptop and then removed it but when I searched the files in the search bar and in search this PC in windows explorer, all of the files and suggestions from the USB show up. What do I do to remove them?

"show recently opened items in jump lists on start or taskbar and in file explorer quick access" is already disabled. I have tried removing and adding c and drive d drive from the indexing options. I also tried clearing the device search history but nothing
    seems to work.

Muhammad Luqman Qureshi, Oct 4, 2023
  4. jds63 Win User

USB not showing up in file explorer.

Empty USB ports showing in file explorer

O.k. one question i never knew was did you have a front Card Reader on this PC or you just have USB ports on this PC ? If possible update your system specs as much as possible as it show Win 7 here to. Disk management can change letters which will change the order, but since not sure what USB ports or if any card reader ports i would not suggest yet changing it. Can you take screen shots of file explorer and Disk management and post them here.

jds63, Oct 4, 2023
Thema:

USB not showing up in file explorer.

1. USB not showing up in file explorer. - Similar Threads - USB showing file

2. How to fix usb not showing up in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix usb not showing up in file explorer: I tried to install debian on my Kingston usb however it did not work as intended and only installed the terminal and not the gui. Im trying to fully reset my usb as idc about the data I just want the debian gone on it. However when I plug it into my it does not show up into...
  3. How to fix usb not showing up in file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix usb not showing up in file explorer: I tried to install debian on my Kingston usb however it did not work as intended and only installed the terminal and not the gui. Im trying to fully reset my usb as idc about the data I just want the debian gone on it. However when I plug it into my it does not show up into...
  4. USB not showing up in file explorer.

USB not showing up in file explorer.: This problem has been going on for a while, a 1 TB usb drive that I own suddenly had a problem where it wouldn't appear on my file explorer and I couldn't open it.Yes I already tried uninstalling and reinstalling, it didn't work. What do I do?...
  5. USB not showing up in file explorer.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB not showing up in file explorer.: This problem has been going on for a while, a 1 TB usb drive that I own suddenly had a problem where it wouldn't appear on my file explorer and I couldn't open it.Yes I already tried uninstalling and reinstalling, it didn't work. What do I do?...
  6. USB Flash Drive not showing up in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Flash Drive not showing up in file explorer: I have two computers side by side. I know the flash drives are good because they work on my other computer. When I plug either of them into my main PC, I hear the "ding" that they are being detected, but they won't show up in my file explorer with my other drives. I have...
  7. USB Flash Drive not showing up in file explorer

USB Flash Drive not showing up in file explorer: I have two computers side by side. I know the flash drives are good because they work on my other computer. When I plug either of them into my main PC, I hear the "ding" that they are being detected, but they won't show up in my file explorer with my other drives. I have...
  8. USB Floppy drive not showing up on file explorer

USB Floppy drive not showing up on file explorer: I have had years of frustration with my USB floppy drives not showing up in windows explorer. I had been using the 'fast finger' technique to get it up in the half second or so after it is connected. Tonight I failed at that and out of frustration I typed A: in the search box...
  9. USB Drive not showing up in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB Drive not showing up in File Explorer: I got a brand new flash drive and when I plug it into my computer it does not show up in file explorer, however I can see it in Disk Management where it says no media and I can also see it in devices and printers but in devices and printers, it is grayed out under the browse...
  10. usb drive not showing up in file explorer

usb drive not showing up in file explorer: win 10 updated 2 days ago. I have a 256gb cruzer usb 3.0 drive. When plugged in either directly to cpu frame, or a 3 port usb 3.0 extender port, I hear the win 10 sound that a usb drive has been plugged in but it never shows up in file exploerer. So I can't access the drive....