Windows 10: USB not showing up in This PC

Discus and support USB not showing up in This PC in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, After trying to make my usb bootable with Rufus and having issues, my usb drive isn't showing up anymore in file explorer when i plug in my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EusebiuTimofte, May 5, 2020.

1. USB not showing up in This PC

Hello,

After trying to make my usb bootable with Rufus and having issues, my usb drive isn't showing up anymore in file explorer when i plug in my usb.

I searched a lot on google, i tried a lot of things, but nothing worked for me.

I will give more details hoping someone knows how to solve the problem.

1.When I right click on This PC --> Manage --> Disk Management, the volume can be seen and it's file system is RAW. Right clicking on volume shows up a menu in which the most of the options are disabled.

USB not showing up in This PC 667c48a8-91f3-4967-81f0-8b9d0bb3ceaf?upload=true.png

If i choose Properties, it says disk has 0bytes.

USB not showing up in This PC 839328ce-a735-45ab-a0d2-47c0a6dbfca2?upload=true.png

If I further go to Hardware, I right click on the device -> Properties -> Volume it says it's empty.

USB not showing up in This PC 0e285ec7-117c-4c0c-86a8-3178be0cbe10?upload=true.png

2. In the windows bottom bar i can see that a device is connected, but it's name isn't there:

USB not showing up in This PC 5c1ab477-8acb-46dc-a148-9a9f3b1507ea?upload=true.png

3. Strange is that if i search for the drive with a software called AOMEI Partition Assistant it says that the file system of the usb is NTFS.

USB not showing up in This PC 8e9d1214-886f-451e-bc8a-5a6e9c4f9243?upload=true.png

Thanks!

:)

EusebiuTimofte, May 5, 2020

2. USB problems

checked all of those suggestions an still no luck. They show as being there and enabled but doesnt recognize anything you plug into them. I got a driver checker as well and it lists the drivers as up to date. could this be a bad motherboard?

tommys2827, May 5, 2020
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, May 5, 2020
  4. CafeLoto Win User

USB not showing up in This PC

Installing generic printer usb port not showing

Hello, yes the printer is turned on, it works fine this printer since last week I was using it with my old computer, I already try in all 3 usb ports, and in Devixe Manager it shows as "unknown USB device (device descriptor request failed).

Any suggestions?

CafeLoto, May 5, 2020
Thema:

USB not showing up in This PC

1. USB not showing up in This PC - Similar Threads - USB showing

2. Why is it when I plug in my USB device that it shows both com 5 and com 6 as the serial ports

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is it when I plug in my USB device that it shows both com 5 and com 6 as the serial ports: I'm using Windows 11 trying to flash an esp 32s2 dev board on Arduino IDE and I can't for the life of me find out why Windows is saying I have 2 serial ports in use. nothing else is plugged in. I looked in device manager and it shows both com5 and 6 in use when plugged in and...
  3. Why is it when I plug in my USB device that it shows both com 5 and com 6 as the serial ports

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is it when I plug in my USB device that it shows both com 5 and com 6 as the serial ports: I'm using Windows 11 trying to flash an esp 32s2 dev board on Arduino IDE and I can't for the life of me find out why Windows is saying I have 2 serial ports in use. nothing else is plugged in. I looked in device manager and it shows both com5 and 6 in use when plugged in and...
  4. USING SATA TO USB TO CONNECT HARDDRIVE TO PC BUT NOT SHOWING UP IN FILE EXPLORER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USING SATA TO USB TO CONNECT HARDDRIVE TO PC BUT NOT SHOWING UP IN FILE EXPLORER: I have attached a usb which is connect to an external harddrive and its not showing up at all on my file explorer or doesnt send a notification that i have connected a device. I have tried online and solving but havent had any luck.Ive tried control panel but usb option isnt...
  5. USING SATA TO USB TO CONNECT HARDDRIVE TO PC BUT NOT SHOWING UP IN FILE EXPLORER

USING SATA TO USB TO CONNECT HARDDRIVE TO PC BUT NOT SHOWING UP IN FILE EXPLORER: I have attached a usb which is connect to an external harddrive and its not showing up at all on my file explorer or doesnt send a notification that i have connected a device. I have tried online and solving but havent had any luck.Ive tried control panel but usb option isnt...
  6. USB to SD Card reader not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB to SD Card reader not showing up: Hello,I have a USB to SD card reader for a memory stick from my camera. I am trying to connect it to my computer so I can download the media on it. I have a windows surface pro 7 laptop. Everytime I connect the USB through the port, nothing shows up on my computer. I have...
  7. USB to SD Card reader not showing up

USB to SD Card reader not showing up: Hello,I have a USB to SD card reader for a memory stick from my camera. I am trying to connect it to my computer so I can download the media on it. I have a windows surface pro 7 laptop. Everytime I connect the USB through the port, nothing shows up on my computer. I have...
  8. USB drives not showing in "Change where new content is saved"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB drives not showing in "Change where new content is saved": My two USB drives, visible in Explorer, do not appear as options when I navigate Settings > Storage > "Change where new content is saved."These drives also don't show in "View storage usage on other drives," but they are shown when I try to add drives from "View backup...
  9. USB drives not showing in "Change where new content is saved"

USB drives not showing in "Change where new content is saved": My two USB drives, visible in Explorer, do not appear as options when I navigate Settings > Storage > "Change where new content is saved."These drives also don't show in "View storage usage on other drives," but they are shown when I try to add drives from "View backup...
  10. USB drives not showing in "Change where new content is saved"

in Windows 10 Customization