Windows 10: USB not showing up while its recognised

Discus and support USB not showing up while its recognised in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi.. my 8gb usb and even modem gives a sound indicating that they have been configured but do not show up in this pc section so no way to access them.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Moses Wangira, Feb 2, 2019.

1. USB not showing up while its recognised

Hi.. my 8gb usb and even modem gives a sound indicating that they have been configured but do not show up in this pc section so no way to access them.

I tried using cmd in diskpart then list disk to see if they exist but it shows only disk 0 which is my hdd.

the device manager shows am exclamation mark on that Usb please help

:)

Moses Wangira, Feb 2, 2019
  2. scopio Win User

USB not recognised after years using it.

Thanks for your suggestion.
    Uninstalling USB Device and booting up and reconnecting the Xpress USB flush drive did not work it was still not recognised on any of the 6 USB 2.0 or on any of the 7 ports on the USB 3.0 hub, although it is recognised on other pc. I am now transferring the data to another USB drive before I format the Xpress and see if it is recognised again in the original pc.

scopio, Feb 2, 2019
  3. The DVD drive was not showing not recognised.

Thanks for info.

i have followed steps but still not working.

the DVDs/cd drive is shown in file manager and it shows it to be working correctly but when a cd/ dvd disc is inserted it is still not recognised.

If if I double click on the drive in file manager the disc is ejected and I am asked to insert a disc.

Any further suggestions?

regards

johnwbeasley, Feb 2, 2019
  4. Lilibet1 Win User

USB not showing up while its recognised

Windows 10 Upgrade just stopped recognising my external USB drives on a USB Hub

Hi again,

Okay, did step 3. Now one of the USB Hubs is recognising USBs! But the other one (on the USB 3 port) is not. There are no errors showing up at all. But at least something is working for now!

Lilibet1, Feb 2, 2019
Thema:

USB not showing up while its recognised

1. USB not showing up while its recognised - Similar Threads - USB showing while

2. USB not recognised

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB not recognised: I hope someone can help me please. I have a laptop with Windows 10 Home. I backup data with EaseUS Home to a WD Ultra Passport. When I plug in Passport to backup USB "F" the backup disc is there but drive "F" has a question mark against it. I have checked the USB function...
  3. USB not recognised

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB not recognised: I hope someone can help me please. I have a laptop with Windows 10 Home. I backup data with EaseUS Home to a WD Ultra Passport. When I plug in Passport to backup USB "F" the backup disc is there but drive "F" has a question mark against it. I have checked the USB function...
  4. USB not recognised

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. USB not recognised

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB not recognised: I have a Cruzer Blade 32Gb memory stick. It is recognised and works on a Windows 10 computer but not a Windows 11 one.I have tried all the usual fixes, but it still does not appear on explorer. Fixes tried: Different port, Selective Suspend Disabled, Power Management USB Root...
  6. USB not recognised

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB not recognised: I have a Cruzer Blade 32Gb memory stick. It is recognised and works on a Windows 10 computer but not a Windows 11 one.I have tried all the usual fixes, but it still does not appear on explorer. Fixes tried: Different port, Selective Suspend Disabled, Power Management USB Root...
  7. USB doesn't show up its name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB doesn't show up its name: Hello. I'm a Windows 10 user. I have a Sandisk USB 32GB 3.0, which I bought recently. I formatted it and renamed it but after eject and then plug it in, Windows Explorer always shows its name as "USB Drive" but not its real name. I tried using diskpart method, convert it into...
  8. usb not recognised

usb not recognised: I have a Samsung s6 phone when I plug it into my pc to transfer files it always says "USB is not recognized" I tried so many thing update drivers, reboot the pc, uninstall it from the device manager but nothing happens. so does anyone have any tips to help me....
  9. USB Mouse Not Recognised On Boot Up?

USB Mouse Not Recognised On Boot Up?: Hi, I am running Windows 10 Home Edition (64) and my USB mouse isn't recognised on boot up? No cursor on screen but underneath of the mouse it's lite up red as usual. The USB keyboard works perfectly fine. Once the desktop computer has booted up I have to unplug the USB mouse...
  10. When my PC first boots up it can recognise my usb but if i re-insert it its not recognisable

When my PC first boots up it can recognise my usb but if i re-insert it its not recognisable: When it first boots up i can take data off and put data on and the usb works fine but if i unplug it for any reason and then put it back in, it turns from a "sandisk USB" to "removable disk" and i can no longer access any data on it...