Windows 10: USB not showing up.

Discus and support USB not showing up. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey, if anyone can help with this problem of mine, that would be great. I'm on Windows 10 with a Surface. I have an ExtremePro USB3.1 Type-C hard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ComputerHelpPlease1, Jan 2, 2021.

1. USB not showing up.

Hey, if anyone can help with this problem of mine, that would be great. I'm on Windows 10 with a Surface.

I have an ExtremePro USB3.1 Type-C hard disk box. It was working perfectly fine until it fell off my bed and seemed to have disconnected from my cable. Ever since then, whenever I plug it in, I hear the sound and it appears for like a second and then disappears. When I unplug it, I hear the unplug sound.

I've restarted my computer and plugged it in with a different cord and the same problem occurs. Here's what everything looks like in the Device Manager from the troubleshooting I did

USB not showing up. 97cc3b25-c86b-436c-9ce9-9f68400b0256?upload=true.png

USB not showing up. f3c12c29-c2c6-471f-a3be-33377286d315?upload=true.png

USB not showing up. 8a2b6a2e-2608-4870-b3b3-9a6db2c064aa?upload=true.png

Anyone have any idea?

:)

ComputerHelpPlease1, Jan 2, 2021

2. USB problems

checked all of those suggestions an still no luck. They show as being there and enabled but doesnt recognize anything you plug into them. I got a driver checker as well and it lists the drivers as up to date. could this be a bad motherboard?

tommys2827, Jan 2, 2021
  3. thraxed Win User
    Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Jan 2, 2021
  4. Chryonn Win User

USB not showing up.

USB stick shows no items

hi all, i have a 32GB USB memory stick that shows up fine in XP. however when i transfer anything over 2Gb, it shows no items listed as if there's nothing there. but looking at its properties (the pie-chart) it shows there's free space and used space.
    does anyone have this problem or know of any utilities that would allow me to view the used space?

Chryonn, Jan 2, 2021
Thema:

USB not showing up.

1. USB not showing up. - Similar Threads - USB showing

2. Why is it when I plug in my USB device that it shows both com 5 and com 6 as the serial ports

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is it when I plug in my USB device that it shows both com 5 and com 6 as the serial ports: I'm using Windows 11 trying to flash an esp 32s2 dev board on Arduino IDE and I can't for the life of me find out why Windows is saying I have 2 serial ports in use. nothing else is plugged in. I looked in device manager and it shows both com5 and 6 in use when plugged in and...
  3. Why is it when I plug in my USB device that it shows both com 5 and com 6 as the serial ports

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is it when I plug in my USB device that it shows both com 5 and com 6 as the serial ports: I'm using Windows 11 trying to flash an esp 32s2 dev board on Arduino IDE and I can't for the life of me find out why Windows is saying I have 2 serial ports in use. nothing else is plugged in. I looked in device manager and it shows both com5 and 6 in use when plugged in and...
  4. USING SATA TO USB TO CONNECT HARDDRIVE TO PC BUT NOT SHOWING UP IN FILE EXPLORER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USING SATA TO USB TO CONNECT HARDDRIVE TO PC BUT NOT SHOWING UP IN FILE EXPLORER: I have attached a usb which is connect to an external harddrive and its not showing up at all on my file explorer or doesnt send a notification that i have connected a device. I have tried online and solving but havent had any luck.Ive tried control panel but usb option isnt...
  5. USING SATA TO USB TO CONNECT HARDDRIVE TO PC BUT NOT SHOWING UP IN FILE EXPLORER

USING SATA TO USB TO CONNECT HARDDRIVE TO PC BUT NOT SHOWING UP IN FILE EXPLORER: I have attached a usb which is connect to an external harddrive and its not showing up at all on my file explorer or doesnt send a notification that i have connected a device. I have tried online and solving but havent had any luck.Ive tried control panel but usb option isnt...
  6. USB to SD Card reader not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB to SD Card reader not showing up: Hello,I have a USB to SD card reader for a memory stick from my camera. I am trying to connect it to my computer so I can download the media on it. I have a windows surface pro 7 laptop. Everytime I connect the USB through the port, nothing shows up on my computer. I have...
  7. USB to SD Card reader not showing up

USB to SD Card reader not showing up: Hello,I have a USB to SD card reader for a memory stick from my camera. I am trying to connect it to my computer so I can download the media on it. I have a windows surface pro 7 laptop. Everytime I connect the USB through the port, nothing shows up on my computer. I have...
  8. USB drives not showing in "Change where new content is saved"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB drives not showing in "Change where new content is saved": My two USB drives, visible in Explorer, do not appear as options when I navigate Settings > Storage > "Change where new content is saved."These drives also don't show in "View storage usage on other drives," but they are shown when I try to add drives from "View backup...
  9. USB drives not showing in "Change where new content is saved"

USB drives not showing in "Change where new content is saved": My two USB drives, visible in Explorer, do not appear as options when I navigate Settings > Storage > "Change where new content is saved."These drives also don't show in "View storage usage on other drives," but they are shown when I try to add drives from "View backup...
  10. USB drives not showing in "Change where new content is saved"

in Windows 10 Customization