Windows 10: USB not work

Discus and support USB not work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I put a USB in my computer,it doesn't show up.Is the USB damaged?How do you check it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NATALIA1040, Feb 5, 2019.

1. USB not work

When I put a USB in my computer,it doesn't show up.Is the USB damaged?How do you check it?

:)

NATALIA1040, Feb 5, 2019

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Feb 5, 2019
  3. Lazzer408 Win User
    USB boot for bios update

Did the first step. It already doesn't work. Note the capacities and drive letters M:/N: The HP utility is about to format my raid-1 volume containing my 2 750gb drives. It thinks it's the usb stick. I can not select any other drives in the HP utility. My 512mb usb stick is U:.

Any other suggestions?

USB not work nonono-jpg.jpg

Lazzer408, Feb 5, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

USB not work

USB ports not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2:
    Update USB Controllers.

To update the USB Controllers from Device Manager follow these steps.

• Go to Device manager in control panel.
    • Select Device manager and a Device Manager window will pop-up.
    • Double Click on USB Controllers to expand.
    • Right click on the USB Controllers that is listed and select Update.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Feb 5, 2019
Thema:

USB not work

1. USB not work - Similar Threads - USB

2. USING SATA TO USB TO CONNECT HARDDRIVE TO PC BUT NOT SHOWING UP IN FILE EXPLORER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USING SATA TO USB TO CONNECT HARDDRIVE TO PC BUT NOT SHOWING UP IN FILE EXPLORER: I have attached a usb which is connect to an external harddrive and its not showing up at all on my file explorer or doesnt send a notification that i have connected a device. I have tried online and solving but havent had any luck.Ive tried control panel but usb option isnt...
  3. USING SATA TO USB TO CONNECT HARDDRIVE TO PC BUT NOT SHOWING UP IN FILE EXPLORER

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USING SATA TO USB TO CONNECT HARDDRIVE TO PC BUT NOT SHOWING UP IN FILE EXPLORER: I have attached a usb which is connect to an external harddrive and its not showing up at all on my file explorer or doesnt send a notification that i have connected a device. I have tried online and solving but havent had any luck.Ive tried control panel but usb option isnt...
  4. Should I fix first the virus then update my bios using USB or vice versa?

Should I fix first the virus then update my bios using USB or vice versa?: USB shortcut virus and BIOS update. My Flashdrive port has a virus which creates a shortcut to folders whenever I insert a USB, I already watched a couple of videos on how to fix this but I also need to update my bios due to another problem on my pc....
  5. Should I fix first the virus then update my bios using USB or vice versa?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Should I fix first the virus then update my bios using USB or vice versa?: USB shortcut virus and BIOS update. My Flashdrive port has a virus which creates a shortcut to folders whenever I insert a USB, I already watched a couple of videos on how to fix this but I also need to update my bios due to another problem on my pc....
  6. Should I fix first the virus then update my bios using USB or vice versa?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. USB port not detecting external devices.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB port not detecting external devices.: I am having a PC running Windows 11.I am trying to connect a Kobo Clara HD e-Reader to my laptop. I can see my reader is charging when connected to my PC. But I am unable to view the explorer like before to transfer files into it.This used to be working fine several months...
  8. USB port not detecting external devices.

USB port not detecting external devices.: I am having a PC running Windows 11.I am trying to connect a Kobo Clara HD e-Reader to my laptop. I can see my reader is charging when connected to my PC. But I am unable to view the explorer like before to transfer files into it.This used to be working fine several months...
  9. usb not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    usb not working: usb port not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-not-working/3813445e-05f5-4a11-990a-126da32f4017
  10. usb not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    usb not working: usb port not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-not-working/3813445e-05f5-4a11-990a-126da32f4017