Windows 10: usb not work

Discus and support usb not work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I put a USB in laptop, it won't show up. It doesn't find it.When I put other ones in ,they work .How do you fix the usb?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NATALIA1040, Jan 20, 2021.

1. usb not work

When I put a USB in laptop, it won't show up. It doesn't find it.When I put other ones in ,they work .How do you fix the usb?

:)

NATALIA1040, Jan 20, 2021

2. USB 3.0 is not working

I have tried below all the steps bu my both USB 3.0 are not working.

Please suggest more to add on.

I understand that the USB port is not working. The issue may arise if the currently loaded USB driver has become unstable or corrupt or if your PC requires an update for issues that may conflict with a USB device and Windows. This may also occur if your
    USB controllers may have become unstable or corrupt. So, I suggest you to try the following steps and check if the issue persists.

Method 1:

Remove and reinstall all USB controllers.

Open Device Manager by pressing Windows key + X and select device manager from the list. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    In the list of hardware categories, find and expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    Right-click every device under the Universal Serial Bus controllers node, and then click Uninstall to remove them one at a time.
    Restart the computer, and let the USB controllers get reinstalled.
    Plug in the removable USB device, and then test to make sure that the issue is resolved.
    Method 2

The issue could be if the drivers are not updated or get corrupted. So, try to install all of the Windows updates available and if issue persists, try to update the drivers by following the steps provided in the article mentioned below.

Update drivers in Windows 10

Method 3

If issue persists try the steps provided to uninstall the USB device from Device Manager, uninstall the device drivers from program list and then download the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website.

Step 1:

Uninstall the Device from Device Manager

Open Device Manger by clicking on Windows key + X and selecting Device manager from the list.
    Expand the USB section.
    Find the USB device.
    Right click USB and select Uninstall.
    Select the check box delete the driver software for this device.
    Reboot the computer after uninstall process has finished.
    Step 2:

Uninstall the Device Drivers from Program List in Control Panel

Click on start, select Control Panel
    Now click on Programs and select Programs and Features.
    Find the USB.
    Right click USB driver and select Uninstall.
    Reboot the computer after the uninstall process has finished.
    Step 3:

Download and install the latest drivers for the USB from the manufacturer website

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

---------
    Hello Roger,

I understand that the USB port is not working. The issue may arise if the currently loaded USB driver has become unstable or corrupt or if your PC requires an update for issues that may conflict with a USB device and Windows. This may also occur if your
    USB controllers may have become unstable or corrupt. So, I suggest you to try the following steps and check if the issue persists.

Method 1:

Remove and reinstall all USB controllers.

Open Device Manager by pressing Windows key + X and select device manager from the list. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    In the list of hardware categories, find and expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    Right-click every device under the Universal Serial Bus controllers node, and then click Uninstall to remove them one at a time.
    Restart the computer, and let the USB controllers get reinstalled.
    Plug in the removable USB device, and then test to make sure that the issue is resolved.
    Method 2

The issue could be if the drivers are not updated or get corrupted. So, try to install all of the Windows updates available and if issue persists, try to update the drivers by following the steps provided in the article mentioned below.

Method 3

If issue persists try the steps provided to uninstall the USB device from Device Manager, uninstall the device drivers from program list and then download the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website.

Step 1:

Uninstall the Device from Device Manager

Open Device Manger by clicking on Windows key + X and selecting Device manager from the list.
    Expand the USB section.
    Find the USB device.
    Right click USB and select Uninstall.
    Select the check box delete the driver software for this device.
    Reboot the computer after uninstall process has finished.
    Step 2:

Uninstall the Device Drivers from Program List in Control Panel

Click on start, select Control Panel
    Now click on Programs and select Programs and Features.
    Find the USB.
    Right click USB driver and select Uninstall.
    Reboot the computer after the uninstall process has finished.
    Step 3:

Download and install the latest drivers for the USB from the manufacturer website

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

RajendraPanchal1, Jan 20, 2021
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jan 20, 2021
  4. Lazzer408 Win User

usb not work

USB boot for bios update

Did the first step. It already doesn't work. Note the capacities and drive letters M:/N: The HP utility is about to format my raid-1 volume containing my 2 750gb drives. It thinks it's the usb stick. I can not select any other drives in the HP utility. My 512mb usb stick is U:.

Any other suggestions?

usb not work nonono-jpg.jpg

Lazzer408, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

usb not work

1. usb not work - Similar Threads - usb

2. Accessing document files from SSD hooked to a USB attachment?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accessing document files from SSD hooked to a USB attachment?: I've been using this SSD for some time now and I have over 300GB of important documents, videos, and photos I need access to but it will show me contents in any other folder. I've tried to every other way, even trying to boot from it even when it used to boot it wouldn't...
  3. Accessing document files from SSD hooked to a USB attachment?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accessing document files from SSD hooked to a USB attachment?: I've been using this SSD for some time now and I have over 300GB of important documents, videos, and photos I need access to but it will show me contents in any other folder. I've tried to every other way, even trying to boot from it even when it used to boot it wouldn't...
  4. How to upgrade windows 732bit to windows 764bit without using cd and usb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to upgrade windows 732bit to windows 764bit without using cd and usb: I want to upgrade my windows 732bit to 64bit without using cd and USB pendrive. Is it possible? If yes then guide me the steps to follow. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-upgrade-windows-732bit-to-windows-764bit/330d3406-f346-489c-a731-8f8ba17ae00c
  5. How to upgrade windows 732bit to windows 764bit without using cd and usb

How to upgrade windows 732bit to windows 764bit without using cd and usb: I want to upgrade my windows 732bit to 64bit without using cd and USB pendrive. Is it possible? If yes then guide me the steps to follow. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-upgrade-windows-732bit-to-windows-764bit/330d3406-f346-489c-a731-8f8ba17ae00c
  6. How can I keep my USB systems awake when I put my computer to sleep?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I keep my USB systems awake when I put my computer to sleep?: I have only recently converted to W11 Pro from W10 Pro. I have a wireless keyboard and mouse linked via a receiver plugged into a USB port on my monitor. While I was using W10 I could put the system to sleep and later wake it merely by moving the mouse or hitting a key on the...
  7. How can I keep my USB systems awake when I put my computer to sleep?

How can I keep my USB systems awake when I put my computer to sleep?: I have only recently converted to W11 Pro from W10 Pro. I have a wireless keyboard and mouse linked via a receiver plugged into a USB port on my monitor. While I was using W10 I could put the system to sleep and later wake it merely by moving the mouse or hitting a key on the...
  8. Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed: Hello,Hope this message finds you all well, Can somebody help me please with regards with the below error I am facing with my Windows 11 OS.One of my Universal Serial Bus Controller drivers simultaneously giving an error even though there's no external driver connected to my...
  9. Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed

Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed: Hello,Hope this message finds you all well, Can somebody help me please with regards with the below error I am facing with my Windows 11 OS.One of my Universal Serial Bus Controller drivers simultaneously giving an error even though there's no external driver connected to my...
  10. How do I reinstall Windows 11 after replacing hard drive, if I did not make a bootable USB?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reinstall Windows 11 after replacing hard drive, if I did not make a bootable USB?: The hard drive on my son's laptop has died. I did not make a bootable USB drive for his computer. If I replace the hard drive, how can I reinstall Windows 11 without purchasing Windows again?I read that I can go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo..., select...