Windows 10: Usb not working after latest update

Discus and support Usb not working after latest update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Version10.0.19041 Build 19041.329 I downloaded and installed the latest update and ever since then my usb drives do not work on boot up. I can fix the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Buck, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Buck Win User

Usb not working after latest update

Version10.0.19041 Build 19041.329

I downloaded and installed the latest update and ever since then my usb drives do not work on boot up. I can fix the problem by going to device manager - universal serial bus controllers - uninstall everything in there and reboot. I hate to have to do every time I boot up.
    Any suggestions about how to permanently fix?
    Much appreciate it,

:)

2. Lazzer408 Win User

USB boot for bios update

Did the first step. It already doesn't work. Note the capacities and drive letters M:/N: The HP utility is about to format my raid-1 volume containing my 2 750gb drives. It thinks it's the usb stick. I can not select any other drives in the HP utility. My 512mb usb stick is U:.

Any other suggestions?

Usb not working after latest update nonono-jpg.jpg

Lazzer408, Jun 11, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    USB Ports Not Working

Hi Jemjames,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your USB. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Method 2.

Try updating the latest USB devices from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the USB drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand the USB driver.

c. Right-click on the USB and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jun 11, 2020
  4. flamer Win User

No USB ports working on toshiba laptop

Hi guys,

Got an old Toshiba laptop, satellite l500d pslk0a-00r009
    Its old and doesn't officially support win10. However I have it installed and everything works fine except USB. All the ports seem completely dead, plugging in a USB mouse I get no light on the mouse. USB flash drives don't work either. This was previously working under win7.

The issue seems to be I don't have "Generic USB hub" in device manager. Have tried to manually install it using add legacy hardware but it wont take. I have several USB root hub and others listed, but not the generic hub.

Here's what I have tried so far:

Uninstall all USB device in device managers and reboot
    Confirmed BIOS is latest version
    tried both legacy and compatibly USB mode in BIOS
    Download and install generic win10 USB drivers
    Disable USB power saving mode
    Installed toshiba's service center, no updates available
    Ran MS troubleshooter/fixit

I think the next step is to give up, but does anyone else have any suggestions?

thanks

flamer, Jun 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Usb not working after latest update - Similar Threads - Usb working latest

2. PASSOWORD NOT WORKING AFTER LATEST UPDATE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PASSOWORD NOT WORKING AFTER LATEST UPDATE: After the latest update my computer will not boot up properly. I keep getting the Automatic Repair screen with "Your PC did not start correctly".When I try to shut down and restart I keep getting the same screen. In advance options I am trying to Uninstall the latest Quality...
  3. java is not working after latest update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    java is not working after latest update: my java doesnot work after the last windows update... what can i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/java-is-not-working-after-latest-update/03bb7cfc-b509-43c7-a690-085246dbba91
  4. computer not working after latest update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer not working after latest update: Firstly appologies if i am posting in the wrong place, Yesterday i did the latest update & now i cant get past the opening screen that asks for the pin code, the reason for this is it looks like all of my usb ports are disabled so i as good as have no mouse or keyboard. I...
  5. Usb Mouse no longer working after latest Window's Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Usb Mouse no longer working after latest Window's Update: The latest Window's update stopped my usb mouse from working. It was working fine right before the update. I've tried troubleshooting and nothing has fixed the issue. The mouse works on other computers, and I've tried a different mouse so that's not the problem either. Any...
  6. USB stopped working after latest update

USB stopped working after latest update: USB stopped working after latest update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-stopped-working-after-latest-update/852dc6e9-8f23-4440-9b8e-deb3f802b4b2
  7. Usb not working after latest update

Usb not working after latest update: Version10.0.19041 Build 19041.329 I downloaded and installed the latest update and ever since then my usb drives do not work on boot up. I can fix the problem by going to device manager - universal serial bus controllers - uninstall everything in there and reboot. I hate to...
  8. USB mouse not working after latest update.

USB mouse not working after latest update.: Usb mouse not working after latest update. Has anyone found an answer yet? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-mouse-not-working-after-latest-update/63430795-c73e-4da2-a5a3-c7a3b06f67fb
  9. USB 3.0 not working after latest windows update.

USB 3.0 not working after latest windows update.: I am getting Win 10 insider builds. The last update also included a firmware update. After updating and restarting. The USB 3.0 port isn't working. Had a WD external with 3.0 plug. It was working fine, and still can use it on the 2.0 port. When plugged into the 3.0 port. The...
  10. No sound, USB ports not working after latest updates

No sound, USB ports not working after latest updates: Hello there, people of teh internetz, I'm looking for some help getting my laptop to work normally, after the latest windows updates. Problems - There is no sound. The troubleshooter can't fix the problem. I can hear quiet, random crackling sounds with headphones...