Windows 10: USB not working after update

Discus and support USB not working after update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; USB not working after update, help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-not-working-after-update/c3300341-9b75-46b9-ba6a-05145dd6e44c Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jan weeks, Dec 28, 2019.

1. jan weeks Win User

USB not working after update

USB not working after update, help

:)

jan weeks, Dec 28, 2019
  2. Lazzer408 Win User

USB boot for bios update

Did the first step. It already doesn't work. Note the capacities and drive letters M:/N: The HP utility is about to format my raid-1 volume containing my 2 750gb drives. It thinks it's the usb stick. I can not select any other drives in the HP utility. My 512mb usb stick is U:.

Any other suggestions?

USB not working after update nonono-jpg.jpg

Lazzer408, Dec 28, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    USB ports not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2:
    Update USB Controllers.

To update the USB Controllers from Device Manager follow these steps.

• Go to Device manager in control panel.
    • Select Device manager and a Device Manager window will pop-up.
    • Double Click on USB Controllers to expand.
    • Right click on the USB Controllers that is listed and select Update.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Dec 28, 2019
  4. Mala_S Win User

USB ports not working in Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To address your concern, kindly help us with the following questions:

1. What is the make and model of your computer?
    2. Do you see any error in the device manager when the USB is connected?

Before we troubleshoot on the issue, I would suggest you to check if the USB devices work on a different computer. If it does, kindly try the steps listed below and see if it works.

Method 1: I would suggest you to follow the steps to diagnose and repair the USB ports from the article -
    Automatically diagnose and fix Windows USB problems.

Method 2: Update USB controllers.

• Right click on the Start menu and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.
    • Narrow down to Universal Serial Bus controllers and update all the USB drivers.
    • To update the drivers, right click on the each driver and select
      Update driver
    • If that doesn't resolve the issue, I would suggest you to uninstall all the USB drivers from the Device Manager.
    • Restart the computer. After the computer starts, Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB root hubs that you uninstalled.

Method 3: Disable Selective Suspend feature.

• Right click the Windows icon on the taskbar and choose ‘Power Options’. Click
      ‘Change Plan Setting’ on your current plan.
    • Choose ‘Change Advanced Power Setting’ on the chosen plan.
    • Disable ‘USB Selective Suspend Setting’ under
      ‘USB Settings’

If the issue persists, identify if the USB drive is listed in Disk Management. To do that,

• Right-click on Windows icon and select Disk management and find if the USB drive shows up there.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Dec 28, 2019
Thema:

1. USB not working after update - Similar Threads - USB working update

2. USB to Serial Cable Not Working after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB to Serial Cable Not Working after update: Hello everyone,My PC runs a gate software named DoorKing. I have a USB to Serial cable that talks to the box. It has worked for well over a year now. Sometime in the last week or so they stopped talking.What I have done: checked usb port with other plug and play devices and...
  3. USB keyboard not working after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB keyboard not working after update: I have read through several threads. My problem with all of them is my KEYBOARD DOESEN’T WORK!!!!! I cannot log into my computer because MY KEYBOARD DOESN’T WORK!!!!! Any suggestions. I have unplugged all usb devices and ensured my ports work with a wireless mouse....
  4. usb drive not working after update

usb drive not working after update: Here's the error log. What do I do? Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date: 12/8/2020 11:46:35 AM Event ID: 411 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: User: SYSTEM...
  5. usb ports do not work after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    usb ports do not work after update: After updating windows, my usb ports do not work. They send power, but my computer does not recognize them. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-ports-do-not-work-after-update/4dcf7821-97e1-4194-929d-4b022e49641c
  6. USB ports not working after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB ports not working after update: 2 of my USB ports stopped working with a recent windows update. I noticed they weren’t working when I had a warning screen pop up with every restart stating “USB device not recognized. the last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and windows does not...
  7. Usb not working after latest update

Usb not working after latest update: Version10.0.19041 Build 19041.329 I downloaded and installed the latest update and ever since then my usb drives do not work on boot up. I can fix the problem by going to device manager - universal serial bus controllers - uninstall everything in there and reboot. I hate to...
  8. Usb not working after latest update

in Windows 10 Support
    Usb not working after latest update: Version10.0.19041 Build 19041.329 I downloaded and installed the latest update and ever since then my usb drives do not work on boot up. I can fix the problem by going to device manager - universal serial bus controllers - uninstall everything in there and reboot. I hate to...
  9. USB ports not working after Windows update

USB ports not working after Windows update: I had a update last night for windows 10 on my desktop, made me do it as I could not turn off my computer without it starting, I get up in the morning and get on, the usb ports work for 5 minutes at most before they stop working, all of them worked fine until this update, I...
  10. USB ports not working after updates

USB ports not working after updates: Hi there I have an Asus all in one Pc with windows. Since a set of updates, neither of my 2 USB ports seem to be functioning. Any devices phone. tablet, camera etc. when plugged in do not register and I cannnot transfer files or images from one to the other....