Windows 10: USB not working on boot?

Discus and support USB not working on boot? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Keyboard works fine before Windows boots, afterwards nothing. Not even the mouse. I reset (refresh?) windows last night, chose to keep my documents,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jesterdev, Aug 3, 2020.

1. USB not working on boot?

Keyboard works fine before Windows boots, afterwards nothing. Not even the mouse. I reset (refresh?) windows last night, chose to keep my documents, delete everything else. I went to bed and let it do it’s thing. Tried rebooting several times, tried different slots.

I’ve had this problem once before with another PC, however, I don’t remember how I resolved it, or if I ever did.

submitted by /u/jesterdev
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/jesterdev, Aug 3, 2020

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Aug 3, 2020
  3. USB 3.0 is not working

I have tried below all the steps bu my both USB 3.0 are not working.

Please suggest more to add on.

I understand that the USB port is not working. The issue may arise if the currently loaded USB driver has become unstable or corrupt or if your PC requires an update for issues that may conflict with a USB device and Windows. This may also occur if your
    USB controllers may have become unstable or corrupt. So, I suggest you to try the following steps and check if the issue persists.

Method 1:

Remove and reinstall all USB controllers.

Open Device Manager by pressing Windows key + X and select device manager from the list. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    In the list of hardware categories, find and expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    Right-click every device under the Universal Serial Bus controllers node, and then click Uninstall to remove them one at a time.
    Restart the computer, and let the USB controllers get reinstalled.
    Plug in the removable USB device, and then test to make sure that the issue is resolved.
    Method 2

The issue could be if the drivers are not updated or get corrupted. So, try to install all of the Windows updates available and if issue persists, try to update the drivers by following the steps provided in the article mentioned below.

Update drivers in Windows 10

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in...566-b983195752c1/update-drivers-in-windows-10

Method 3

If issue persists try the steps provided to uninstall the USB device from Device Manager, uninstall the device drivers from program list and then download the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website.

Step 1:

Uninstall the Device from Device Manager

Open Device Manger by clicking on Windows key + X and selecting Device manager from the list.
    Expand the USB section.
    Find the USB device.
    Right click USB and select Uninstall.
    Select the check box delete the driver software for this device.
    Reboot the computer after uninstall process has finished.
    Step 2:

Uninstall the Device Drivers from Program List in Control Panel

Click on start, select Control Panel
    Now click on Programs and select Programs and Features.
    Find the USB.
    Right click USB driver and select Uninstall.
    Reboot the computer after the uninstall process has finished.
    Step 3:

Download and install the latest drivers for the USB from the manufacturer website

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

---------
    Hello Roger,

I understand that the USB port is not working. The issue may arise if the currently loaded USB driver has become unstable or corrupt or if your PC requires an update for issues that may conflict with a USB device and Windows. This may also occur if your
    USB controllers may have become unstable or corrupt. So, I suggest you to try the following steps and check if the issue persists.

Method 1:

Remove and reinstall all USB controllers.

Open Device Manager by pressing Windows key + X and select device manager from the list. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    In the list of hardware categories, find and expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    Right-click every device under the Universal Serial Bus controllers node, and then click Uninstall to remove them one at a time.
    Restart the computer, and let the USB controllers get reinstalled.
    Plug in the removable USB device, and then test to make sure that the issue is resolved.
    Method 2

The issue could be if the drivers are not updated or get corrupted. So, try to install all of the Windows updates available and if issue persists, try to update the drivers by following the steps provided in the article mentioned below.

Update drivers in Windows 10

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in...566-b983195752c1/update-drivers-in-windows-10

Method 3

If issue persists try the steps provided to uninstall the USB device from Device Manager, uninstall the device drivers from program list and then download the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website.

Step 1:

Uninstall the Device from Device Manager

Open Device Manger by clicking on Windows key + X and selecting Device manager from the list.
    Expand the USB section.
    Find the USB device.
    Right click USB and select Uninstall.
    Select the check box delete the driver software for this device.
    Reboot the computer after uninstall process has finished.
    Step 2:

Uninstall the Device Drivers from Program List in Control Panel

Click on start, select Control Panel
    Now click on Programs and select Programs and Features.
    Find the USB.
    Right click USB driver and select Uninstall.
    Reboot the computer after the uninstall process has finished.
    Step 3:

Download and install the latest drivers for the USB from the manufacturer website

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

RajendraPanchal1, Aug 3, 2020
  4. Lazzer408 Win User

USB not working on boot?

USB boot for bios update

Did the first step. It already doesn't work. Note the capacities and drive letters M:/N: The HP utility is about to format my raid-1 volume containing my 2 750gb drives. It thinks it's the usb stick. I can not select any other drives in the HP utility. My 512mb usb stick is U:.

Any other suggestions?

USB not working on boot? nonono-jpg.jpg

Lazzer408, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

USB not working on boot?

1. USB not working on boot? - Similar Threads - USB working boot

2. Booting from USB isn’t working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Booting from USB isn’t working: Trying to boot from USB. I changed my boot order so that my usb drive is first and have double checked it several times. however when i start it it still says “reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key”...
  3. Booting from USB isn’t working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Booting from USB isn’t working: Trying to boot from USB. I changed my boot order so that my usb drive is first and have double checked it several times. however when i start it it still says “reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key”...
  4. headphhones not working after usb boot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    headphhones not working after usb boot: Hi it's me.....again. Anyway, yesterday the day before I write this, My pc just black screen after restart, I do ask in the forum about that and a very nice guy said I should reinstall GPU driver. But after 8 hours of troubleshooting and reinstalling, I decide to reinstall...
  5. headphhones not working after usb boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    headphhones not working after usb boot: Hi it's me.....again. Anyway, yesterday the day before I write this, My pc just black screen after restart, I do ask in the forum about that and a very nice guy said I should reinstall GPU driver. But after 8 hours of troubleshooting and reinstalling, I decide to reinstall...
  6. headphhones not working after usb boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows 10 Boot USB not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Boot USB not working: I have a windows 10 bootable usb that i received directly from microsoft, and it will not work on my pc. when i try to boot up my computer via the usb, the windows logo shows for a few seconds then the computer restarts, and boots onto ubuntu which is currently installed. I...
  8. Windows UEFI USB boot not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows UEFI USB boot not working: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SkyyTheGuy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k67yly/windows_uefi_usb_boot_not_working/
  9. Windows 10 usb boot not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 usb boot not working: I installed linux on my external ssd a few days ago and my pc wont boot from my ssd woth windows 10 on it. I have a windows10 install usb but whenever i try to boot of of it My screen flashes black and then goes back to the boot menu. I have tried reaseating my drives and...
  10. Windows 10 USB Not Working on Boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 USB Not Working on Boot: Hi, first of, I have a problem in which my PC is stuck in automatic repair. So, I tried installing Windows 10 installation media in my flash drive to repair/reset my PC. I used Rufus to create the bootable USB from an ISO. There has been no errors or so during the process....