Windows 10: USB Not working on Surface Pro

Discus and support USB Not working on Surface Pro in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I plug in a thumb drive to the only usb port and I get a message "the last usb used malfunctuned" and now nothing usb works. How do I fix this problem?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SherryBarnett1, Sep 27, 2018.

1. USB Not working on Surface Pro

I plug in a thumb drive to the only usb port and I get a message "the last usb used malfunctuned" and now nothing usb works. How do I fix this problem?

:)

SherryBarnett1, Sep 27, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, USB Not working on Surface Pro :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, Sep 27, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Surface Connect to USB-C Adapter for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop

Source: Announcing availability of the Surface Connect to USB-C Adapter for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop Surface

Brink, Sep 27, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

USB Not working on Surface Pro

Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop

Source: Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop Surface

Brink, Sep 27, 2018
Thema:

USB Not working on Surface Pro

1. USB Not working on Surface Pro - Similar Threads - USB working Surface

2. Surface Pro 9 will not boot USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro 9 will not boot USB: I have tried every way possible but my surface will NOT boot from USB. I've disabled secure boot, I've disabled bitlocker. I've tried Windows and RUFUS to created a bootable drive. I've tried both ports on the surface, I've tried different USB keys. I've tried booting from...
  3. Surface Pro 9 will not boot USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Pro 9 will not boot USB: I have tried every way possible but my surface will NOT boot from USB. I've disabled secure boot, I've disabled bitlocker. I've tried Windows and RUFUS to created a bootable drive. I've tried both ports on the surface, I've tried different USB keys. I've tried booting from...
  4. unboot surface pro from usb

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    unboot surface pro from usb: my surface pro only works if my USB is connected, I don't have any apps or documents what I can do to go back to normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unboot-surface-pro-from-usb/fa3d2360-8553-485c-8248-133f390294ab
  5. Printer to work with Surface Pro

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer to work with Surface Pro: I was recently given a Surface Pro that’s about 4 yrs. old and is running Windows 10, version 1903. What are my choices for a printer that is compatible and will work with this device? Thanks for any help/advice....
  6. Surface Pro 4: Type cover port and USB 3.0 not working

Surface Pro 4: Type cover port and USB 3.0 not working: Hello, all. This problem is driving me nuts. Have an upcoming assignment to do and with the keyboard not working, this premium device is worthless. The type cover keyboard works perfectly in the UEFI along with the trackpad, so the issue is 100% software related. It has...
  7. USB 3 not working on my Surface 4 Pro

USB 3 not working on my Surface 4 Pro: Use Surface 4 pro. USB port does not recognize my sandisk USB 3. Tried to install divers update as suggested with no success. Need your quick help. Thanks Uzi. *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Mobile phone: +972-52-2691006...
  8. usb thumb drive not working surface pro 3 win10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    usb thumb drive not working surface pro 3 win10: why do some usb thumb drives work and others dont im assuming it has something to do with if its usb 2.0 or 3.0 but im curios is there a patch or drivers i can download?...
  9. USB not working in surface 4

USB not working in surface 4: USB not working on Windows 10 Surface 4 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-not-working-in-surface-4/e4a39664-36f0-4f21-97a8-e150b57a436e
  10. Surface Connect to USB-C Adapter for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop

in Windows 10 News
    Surface Connect to USB-C Adapter for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop: Today we are pleased to announce that the Surface Connect to USB-C adapter is now available in commercial channels and through the Microsoft Store Business Desk in the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom. Add USB-C capability to Surface...