Windows 10: usb not working

Discus and support usb not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; usb port not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-not-working/3813445e-05f5-4a11-990a-126da32f4017 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RON KARLOSKY, Apr 17, 2024.

1. usb not working

usb port not working.

:)

RON KARLOSKY, Apr 17, 2024

2. USB 3.0 is not working

I have tried below all the steps bu my both USB 3.0 are not working.

Please suggest more to add on.

I understand that the USB port is not working. The issue may arise if the currently loaded USB driver has become unstable or corrupt or if your PC requires an update for issues that may conflict with a USB device and Windows. This may also occur if your
    USB controllers may have become unstable or corrupt. So, I suggest you to try the following steps and check if the issue persists.

Method 1:

Remove and reinstall all USB controllers.

Open Device Manager by pressing Windows key + X and select device manager from the list. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    In the list of hardware categories, find and expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    Right-click every device under the Universal Serial Bus controllers node, and then click Uninstall to remove them one at a time.
    Restart the computer, and let the USB controllers get reinstalled.
    Plug in the removable USB device, and then test to make sure that the issue is resolved.
    Method 2

The issue could be if the drivers are not updated or get corrupted. So, try to install all of the Windows updates available and if issue persists, try to update the drivers by following the steps provided in the article mentioned below.

Update drivers in Windows 10

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in...566-b983195752c1/update-drivers-in-windows-10

Method 3

If issue persists try the steps provided to uninstall the USB device from Device Manager, uninstall the device drivers from program list and then download the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website.

Step 1:

Uninstall the Device from Device Manager

Open Device Manger by clicking on Windows key + X and selecting Device manager from the list.
    Expand the USB section.
    Find the USB device.
    Right click USB and select Uninstall.
    Select the check box delete the driver software for this device.
    Reboot the computer after uninstall process has finished.
    Step 2:

Uninstall the Device Drivers from Program List in Control Panel

Click on start, select Control Panel
    Now click on Programs and select Programs and Features.
    Find the USB.
    Right click USB driver and select Uninstall.
    Reboot the computer after the uninstall process has finished.
    Step 3:

Download and install the latest drivers for the USB from the manufacturer website

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

---------
    Hello Roger,

I understand that the USB port is not working. The issue may arise if the currently loaded USB driver has become unstable or corrupt or if your PC requires an update for issues that may conflict with a USB device and Windows. This may also occur if your
    USB controllers may have become unstable or corrupt. So, I suggest you to try the following steps and check if the issue persists.

Method 1:

Remove and reinstall all USB controllers.

Open Device Manager by pressing Windows key + X and select device manager from the list. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    In the list of hardware categories, find and expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    Right-click every device under the Universal Serial Bus controllers node, and then click Uninstall to remove them one at a time.
    Restart the computer, and let the USB controllers get reinstalled.
    Plug in the removable USB device, and then test to make sure that the issue is resolved.
    Method 2

The issue could be if the drivers are not updated or get corrupted. So, try to install all of the Windows updates available and if issue persists, try to update the drivers by following the steps provided in the article mentioned below.

Update drivers in Windows 10

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in...566-b983195752c1/update-drivers-in-windows-10

Method 3

If issue persists try the steps provided to uninstall the USB device from Device Manager, uninstall the device drivers from program list and then download the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website.

Step 1:

Uninstall the Device from Device Manager

Open Device Manger by clicking on Windows key + X and selecting Device manager from the list.
    Expand the USB section.
    Find the USB device.
    Right click USB and select Uninstall.
    Select the check box delete the driver software for this device.
    Reboot the computer after uninstall process has finished.
    Step 2:

Uninstall the Device Drivers from Program List in Control Panel

Click on start, select Control Panel
    Now click on Programs and select Programs and Features.
    Find the USB.
    Right click USB driver and select Uninstall.
    Reboot the computer after the uninstall process has finished.
    Step 3:

Download and install the latest drivers for the USB from the manufacturer website

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

RajendraPanchal1, Apr 17, 2024
  3. Mala_S Win User
    USB ports not working in Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To address your concern, kindly help us with the following questions:

1. What is the make and model of your computer?
    2. Do you see any error in the device manager when the USB is connected?

Before we troubleshoot on the issue, I would suggest you to check if the USB devices work on a different computer. If it does, kindly try the steps listed below and see if it works.

Method 1: I would suggest you to follow the steps to diagnose and repair the USB ports from the article -
    Automatically diagnose and fix Windows USB problems.

Method 2: Update USB controllers.

• Right click on the Start menu and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.
    • Narrow down to Universal Serial Bus controllers and update all the USB drivers.
    • To update the drivers, right click on the each driver and select
      Update driver
    • If that doesn't resolve the issue, I would suggest you to uninstall all the USB drivers from the Device Manager.
    • Restart the computer. After the computer starts, Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB root hubs that you uninstalled.

Method 3: Disable Selective Suspend feature.

• Right click the Windows icon on the taskbar and choose ‘Power Options’. Click
      ‘Change Plan Setting’ on your current plan.
    • Choose ‘Change Advanced Power Setting’ on the chosen plan.
    • Disable ‘USB Selective Suspend Setting’ under
      ‘USB Settings’

If the issue persists, identify if the USB drive is listed in Disk Management. To do that,

• Right-click on Windows icon and select Disk management and find if the USB drive shows up there.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Apr 17, 2024
  4. Amit_Sun Win User

usb not working

USB not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This issue could occur if the flash drive is damage or Windows USB root hub is not working as expected, you can try the troubleshooting steps below to further narrow down to the root cause of the issue.

1. May I know, if the USB is working on another computer?
    2. Which version of Windows is installed on the computer?
    3. Are you aware of any recent changes made on the computer?

I suggest you to check the article
    USB devices may stop functioning correctly when multiple devices connected to the same USB hub go
    into selective suspend
    , follow the steps on this article and check if this helps you.

If you don’t have any data concern, you can
    format the USB from disk manager
    (Applicable for Windows 10), check the topic
    To format an existing partition (volume) from the article, however you will have to perform this steps on your USB drive. So, make sure the USB is connected when you perform the format, please be careful to select the USB drive, if the steps
    is performed on wrong drive the data on the drive will be wiped.

If you still face the issue, please reply to this post with more information.

Regards,

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Apr 17, 2024
Thema:

usb not working

1. usb not working - Similar Threads - usb working

2. usb webcam doesnt even want to show a picture yet this has worked previously and i have...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    usb webcam doesnt even want to show a picture yet this has worked previously and i have...: usb webcam doesnt even want to show a picture yet this has worked previously and i have tried everything to make it work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-webcam-doesnt-even-want-to-show-a-picture-yet/e076f43c-5200-44cd-921a-f8146fc0c905
  3. usb webcam doesnt even want to show a picture yet this has worked previously and i have...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    usb webcam doesnt even want to show a picture yet this has worked previously and i have...: usb webcam doesnt even want to show a picture yet this has worked previously and i have tried everything to make it work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-webcam-doesnt-even-want-to-show-a-picture-yet/e076f43c-5200-44cd-921a-f8146fc0c905
  4. usb webcam doesnt even want to show a picture yet this has worked previously and i have...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. USB Keyboard Stoped working...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Keyboard Stoped working...: USB Keyboard Stoped working... but other USB keyboard works on the laptop and the keyboard that's not working on this laptop works on other laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-keyboard-stoped-working/b3297db5-2877-4e79-9765-439d8a997393
  6. USB Keyboard Stoped working...

USB Keyboard Stoped working...: USB Keyboard Stoped working... but other USB keyboard works on the laptop and the keyboard that's not working on this laptop works on other laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-keyboard-stoped-working/b3297db5-2877-4e79-9765-439d8a997393
  7. USB Keyboard Stoped working...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. USB Tethering stops working after a few seconds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Tethering stops working after a few seconds.: When I connect my android phone to my windows 11 pc tethering works for a few seconds, but then just stops. Bluetooth tethering works fine. After I turn off and on the feature on my phone, it does the same thing again....
  9. USB Tethering stops working after a few seconds.

USB Tethering stops working after a few seconds.: When I connect my android phone to my windows 11 pc tethering works for a few seconds, but then just stops. Bluetooth tethering works fine. After I turn off and on the feature on my phone, it does the same thing again....
  10. Why is USB C port on HP OMEN 17 laptop not working after latest Windows 11 update?

Why is USB C port on HP OMEN 17 laptop not working after latest Windows 11 update?: My USB C port stopped working after updating Windows 11 on 10th July 2024. The GPU is Nvidia RTX 2060 and it says Device settings not migrated, Device not started. What should be the solution?...